“Buena Vista Deli: Couscous Night”
Review of Buena Vista Deli

Buena Vista Deli
Ranked #208 of 4,846 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2018

I have enjoyed breakfasts and lunches several times at the delightful Buena Vista Deli, located just a few short blocks north of the Miami Design District. Last night, a close friend managed to secure reservations for a bunch of us at their monthly COUSCOUS NIGHT. What an experience and pleasure! We were advised to come hungry as the helpings are substantial. For $30, every last Saturday of the month (except during the summer), BVD hosts an authentic Moroccan dinner. The appetizers include: spiced carrot salad, cumin potatoes and matbucha-a cold, cooked salad of peppers/tomatoes/garlic with a tapenade-like consistency. The main course is couscous heaped with tender vegetables, chickpeas, sausage, chicken and lamb that have been simmered in a tagine. The succulent meat is fall-off-the-bone tender and packed with flavor from the vegetables and spices. For spice lovers, request some harissa sauce as well. Note, be sure to contact the restaurant in advance as reservations for COUSCOUS NIGHT sell out quickly!

Parking in the surrounding streets is restricted to neighborhood residents. Park instead across from the restaurant on NE 2nd avenue. There is indoor and outdoor seating from which to choose.

1  Thank Annalisad65

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Really good bakery, nice for breakfast . The Design District deserves place than this! The place is not fancy at all but the quality and the service are superior.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

This restaurant has been here for a very long time, even before this neighborhood became hip. I always considered it as a great bakery and breakfast place but the last time I came by to buy some of their amazing chocolate croissants I noticed that they had a board with a special menu for Friday night dinner. I spoke with the owner and found out that they are open for Dinner every night until 9 PM but on Fridays, they have some specials and they stay open a bit later. The specials were all you can eat Mussels, and steak tartar, and a few other traditional French dishes. I decided to give it a try. I came with my husband and kids and had a very nice dinner outside. The weather was beautiful and the food was good and well priced. The Mussels were $25/person all you can eat, and both my husband and I ordered it and enjoyed it. My daughter ordered the vegetable lasagne and she thought it was too cheesy, and my other daughter ordered the steak which was pretty good. I think that the service was quite slow considering that the restaurant wasn't full. Both my husband and I wanted another round of mussels and had to wait a while again before they arrived, but other than that - it was a decent meal for a good price.

1  Thank kbrabbino
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

The food here is wonderful! We had sandwiches and salads. The tabouli was really fresh and delicious. So many pastries! The only thing lacking was service. She was really friendly just slooowwww.

1  Thank CoupleofTravelers82
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by BVD for a Croissant Donut, Apple Turnover and cappuccinos. We’d heard they were great. Sad to say that they were nothing special. Not bad mind you but they weren’t up there where we had been led to believe. The pastries would have been much better if they had served them at least warmed up. Service however was very good - friendly and prompt.

Been to Buena Vista Deli? Share your experiences!