“Exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We were in for a conference, which had multiple venues. We hated the Sheraton on Miami Beach, which was in poor repair and unbelievably noisy throughout the night so I called Googled other hotels and, since I am a Marriott member, chose the Marquis in Miami. We had a car, so being off the beach wad not an issue.

From the receptionist to the bellman, to the restaurant staff, everyone went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They upgraded us to a gloriously, large, beautifully appointed room, with spectacular view. The furnishings looked as though they had been Installed that day! Spotless.

We had no time to use the face,irked such as the pool or basketball court.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: High floor facing the bay
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saint Martin, FWI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

As a hotel manager myself, I can be very critical, and seldom are all my expectations exceeded as was the case in two stays at this hotel in January. It is understated and at every turn, there is a "Wow", whether it be the incredible views, the impressive facilities (fantastic fitness area, pool, full court basketball, biliards room, bowling(!), spa and great food), in the center of downtown Miami. The room service meal I had was so good, I ordered the same things on my second stay! Conference facilities are magnificent. This is a property that will set the standard for 5 star into the future, and very, very few current hotels can hold a candle to it. Service was discreet and impeccable, there when you needed it, and invisible when you did not. My late checkout and early check in was accomodated without so much as a question, The only negative about the stay was that I could not stay longer..,

Room Tip: I had a high room with an amazing bay view...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Centennial, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I flew to florida to see the last space shuttle launch. It went off on schedule, so I had some extra time and went to Miami. The JW Marriott Marquis is amazing. Room was huge, giant floor to ceiling windows, etc. The bathroom by itself was about the same size as the "luxury" hotel I stayed at in South Beach the next day. The furnishings and decor were nicer than anything I've stayed at before, including some top of the line hotels all around the country. Great bed, I actually slept well past check out time.

Had a fun time walking to the mall and to the Mary Brickell area. Hotel is in a great location, valets were great, and the staff was fantastic. I went out to the pool area to look at the lights WELL beyond closing time, and security was right on me. They realized I was just admiring the sites and sat there and hung out with me for nearly 30 minutes.

At the time I was 31, travelling solo, spur of the moment. I got a great rate as a Marriott Rewards member, and will stay again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank chrisbarnett01
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Spent the weekend at this hotel
to attend the IMG Miami Marathon. The staff was excellent. Valet & check-in we're swift and professional. The same can be said of the great housekeepers and wait staff at the restaurants. Shout out to Melvin, our great waiter, day One.

The hotel decor was modern and contemporary. After reading previous Trip Advisor reviews, we requested a high corner, bayside room. Reception made it happen.
We had the most amazing room. Floor to ceiling windows with 360 degree views of Biscayne Bay.
The beds were divine, so comfortable, like a cloud! Huge flat screen in the main room & a another recessed flat screen tv in the mirror of the luxurious bathroom. I didn't
want to leave.

Really enjoyed the gym on floor 20. Top knotch equipment with extraordinary views. Nice touches included ice water with lemon, fresh fruit and refrigerated
eucalyptus towels. There is a very nice spa, but I just didn't have time to utilize the services. For those in a larger group, the full size basketball court, bowling alley and theatre room were awesome!

The area is the only negative. Without my spouse, I would not
walk around by myself. Bay front park and shopping were blocks away, but the area seemed on the fringe and not so nice. Area needs to be renovated. I actually think plans are underway.

As a South Floridian, I would highly
recommend this hotel for the business traveler. It's also perfect for short stays like someone taking a cruise or attending an event like we were doing.

Someone unfamiliar with Miami should stick to South Beach, Lincoln
Road, Coconut Grove,( and if you know someone), Fisher or Starr Island.
This is where the action is.

The JW hotel is in the business district.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DiscriminatingDiva08
Ashburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

It's a fantastic brand new hotel with lots of amenities. Conveniently located to all major attractions and restaurants. The pool and fitness center was great, and i don't feel any real need to leave the property. We stayed there for 2 nights and was never so sad leaving a hotel. One quick improvement suggestion: the restaurants should provide better value-for-money food, esp. given there're lots of alternative options around.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed her last year for work (and then had to extend my stay when my flight was cancelled). I am a Marriot Platinum Elite so the hotel upgraded me to an AMAZING SUITE with 1.5 baths. it was huge. The main bathroom was huge with a large walk in shower. My "living room". The concierge clob has great views and good food. i would stay here all the time if it was not frequently so expensive . .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mabarrett88
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here for a conference - great conference facilities, great rooms and a fantastic basketball court. Teh conference seating is the best I've ever experienced : a mix of couches, bat tables and desks - awesome. Floor to ceiling windows with fantastic views of the bay. And the Miami Heat (apparently) shoot hoops occasionally on the court.

Room Tip: Bay facing is the way to go.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business