Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew H
Antioch, Illinois, United States

Bogus Minibar charges, no resolution.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 5, 2024
I was there for a convention last week, and when my folio arrived in my email inbox there were several charges from the mini bar which shouldn't have been there. After calling 3 separate times and receiving 3 separate promises that a 'manager' would call me back, I've received no help. At this point I'm just going to have to eat the extra $100 I guess.

Very poor service, stay away.
Trip type: Travelled on business
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Feb 6, 2024
Dear AndrewhM1904RH,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your insights about your recent stay with us through trip advisor.

We hold ourselves to very high standards when it comes to our valued guests and your experience falls below our caliber of service. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these service delays from happening in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again at JW Marriott Marquis Miami when your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,
Save with Hilton Honours Rewards
  • Booking.com
  • Algotels
    C$170
1.1 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Pool
Enjoy our bayfront hotel perfectly situated at Bayside and downtown Miami
  • InterContinental
  • Hilton
    C$157
2.2 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Restaurant
Gorgeous resort style airport hotel
C$179
10.5 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Free parking
View more hotels in Miami
2,303 results
All reviews basketball court the concierge lounge bathroom mirror whole foods chief concierge beautiful hotel corner room beaux arts beautiful room heart of downtown mini bar high floor great amenities rooms are large an upgrade fitness center andres
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2024

Excellent attention to detail in the room. The only negative was the concierge lounge food - cold. Drink vouchers seemed nice but the drinks werent good. Nice gym. The restaurant was wonderful, however. Awesome location - walking distance to restaurants and the water.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbE5606YA
Reviewed January 7, 2024 via mobile

The staff is amazing on all levels. Gilber from the front desk started us off with an amazing room choice, absolutely breathtaking. Arrick and Frantz our bell hops are the BEST. If you don’t ask for them by name you will miss the greatest part of this property. Zoren from Boloud Sud is the greatest waiter. My Wife just loved his personality and his laughter was infectious. The property is clean inside and out and the amenities are wonderful. We had couples massages and loved every minute. Khadija is Wonderful guest relations manager.

Room tip: Make sure you ask questions about the property. They are willing to meet all of your needs. Should you require any services it can be done.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rev57
Reviewed January 3, 2024 via mobile

Disappointed in Dining Options Here !
Rooms and location good . Second experience here and must give a review expressing how bad the food and service is here . Most recently the Met&Cafe . A failure in any way used to describe a dining experience!
Start to finish, I just will not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they make sure to dine outside of this hotel.

Room tip: Avoid dining in this hotel !
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank IrishCueTravel
khadija kh, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2024

Dear IrishCue Travel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We highly appreciate it.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our valued guests with an excellent hotel experience. On behalf of our team, please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered.

I have communicated your feedback to our food and beverage team so that we could use your experience as a teachable moment to make sure we cater to the needs of our valued guests in a better way and improve the dining experience at the Met Café..

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you very soon

Reviewed December 31, 2023 via mobile

This was a confusing review to write because there were some great things going for the hotel that makes it a 5 and there are other things that drags it down to a 4 - but ultimately I decided to give it a 4.
Real good things
(1) Thank you Ana and Claudia for making our lounge breakfast special everyday - they went and talked to the chef and ensured we had something Vegan to eat everyday - this is exceptional service and hard to get even in 5-star hotels - hats off to them
(2) decent lounge breakfast but could be better
(3) We got upgraded to a suite - spacious and great views
(4) Spa was great - my wife and daughter loved the experience there
(5) Fitness room and bowling alley were real nice
(6) Valet folks were great

Not so great things
(1) Services oscillated between good and bad - there was a lounge check in person who knew nothing about how to be nice to a customer, same my checkin experience was lukewarm at best - they pulled up the wrong reservation and confused me and when he realized his mistake didn’t apologize - but there was a lady at the checkin lobby who was real nice - so service at hotel is dependent on who who you are dealing with
(2) Room was clean and comfortable but certain light switches didn’t work, bathroom flush didn’t work and was repaired, etc - I think the rooms need updating/inspection to ensure everything works fine

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank RaharaTrav
Reviewed December 18, 2023

The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is NOW my favourite hotel in all of the USA! Watch the full review on YouTube at Luxury Vegan Travel.

There is so much to see and do at this hotel and the hospitality was so good I thought I was in South East Asia! In the video, I introduce you to some of the team.

The chefs made bespoke dishes for us at breakfast and in the evenings and the food was sensational!

We booked 4 nights originally and were then due to check out the JW Marriott down the road in Brickell but during our stay, I cancelled the JW in Brickell and just stayed here. Later, I visited the JW Brickell whilst on a walk and it was so busy – there was barely any room to walk around in the lobby. I think there was some sort of voting going on but still the feel nad vibe at JW Marriott Marquis was unbeatable!

Excellent value for money! Great sized rooms and the best sofa bed I’ve ever slept on!

When I return to Miami, this will be my home away from home!

Thank you to Chef Elliott and his team, the executive lounge team, in particular, Denise, Fouad, Jessica and Tristine!

Date of stay: October 2023