Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JA109S
Philadelphia, PA

Surprise After Surprise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 29, 2024
Talk about unexpected surprises! When I arrived at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami I was extremely confused since I thought I had booked the JW Marriott Brickell down the street. Gilber and Hannah were great, saying not to worry, they would check my reservation. I was nervous that I forgot to even book a hotel room, but the two of them were so calm that there was no reason for me to worry. It turned out that I did book the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and this first surprise turned into multiple surprises since I was upgraded to a huge suite! Because of the large room, my cousin decided to drive over to stay with me at the hotel - Surprise number three! Tina who answered my phone calls was equally as helpful as Gilber and Hannah. As someone who is very close to her family, Tina enjoyed hearing about my story - because of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami, I was able to spend time with my family. These pleasant surprises were the direct result of the people mentioned. Thank you all for making my stay so memorable and hope to see you all soon!
Trip type: Travelled on business
    C$207
    C$233
1.2 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Restaurant
Gorgeous resort style airport hotel
    C$162
10.5 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Free parking
View more hotels in Miami
2,299 results
All reviews basketball court the concierge lounge bathroom mirror whole foods chief concierge beautiful hotel corner room beaux arts beautiful room heart of downtown mini bar high floor great amenities rooms are large an upgrade fitness center andres
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2024

We stayed here pre-cruise. Overall disappointing stay.

Location:
Good central location for cruise port, Heat game, etc. The streets right around the hotel aren't very pleasant for walking - lots of speeding cars running lights, with long waits for pedestrian signals. Whole Foods and CVS within 3 minute walk. 5-minute Uber or 15-minute walk to shopping and restaurants in Brickell. Bayside Park is very close by - great water views towards the cruise port and bay. There is a lot of roadwork and construction right around the hotel, which can cause traffic headaches.

Room:
Standard king room on 21st floor near elevators. Nicely renovated with new carpet and furniture. Connecting door was terrible - loud family next door talked all day and all night. We had to call the front desk to ask them to quiet down after 11pm.

Maintenance issues in room:
Room bathtub tub filler leaked all over tub enclosure and floor.
In-room coffee machine broken.
TV remote broken.
Dead power outlet at desk.

Maintenance issues in hotel:
21st floor ice machine broken.
Hot tub broken.
Pool not warm enough.

Customer service issues:
There is a mandatory resort fee ($42 or so per night). You can spend up to $42 on the room minibar, room service, and the 2nd floor bar. This is incredibly confusing and the front desk clerk at check-in didn't explain it.
Minibar is automated with sensors and there is no price list provided. You have to call/chat the front desk to ask the price of each item in the minibar. Ridiculous.

Bonvoy Platinum status perks:
You get free access to 2nd floor lounge all day. There is breakfast in the lounge. After breakfast, just nuts and pretzels on offer. The drip coffee dispenser was broken during the breakfast rush.
Platinum Bonvoy status doesn't get you any upgrade whatsoever, at least on an award stay.

This hotel would be OK for a business conference but not recommended for a leisure stay. I felt like it was a waste of my Bonvoy points and status.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
khadija kh, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2024

Dear PeterJ690,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your insights about your recent stay with us through trip advisor.

We hold ourselves to very high standards when it comes to our valued guests and your experience falls below our caliber of service. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place and reviewed to prevent these incidents from occurring in the future.

Thank you for being a loyal Platinum elite member. I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

I hope you choose to stay with us again at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and hotel Beaux Arts when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed February 5, 2024

I was there for a convention last week, and when my folio arrived in my email inbox there were several charges from the mini bar which shouldn't have been there. After calling 3 separate times and receiving 3 separate promises that a 'manager' would call me back, I've received no help. At this point I'm just going to have to eat the extra $100 I guess.

Very poor service, stay away.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew H
khadija kh, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2024

Dear AndrewhM1904RH,

I have shared your feedback with the entire team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these service delays from happening in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again at JW Marriott Marquis Miami when your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2024

Excellent attention to detail in the room. The only negative was the concierge lounge food - cold. Drink vouchers seemed nice but the drinks werent good. Nice gym. The restaurant was wonderful, however. Awesome location - walking distance to restaurants and the water.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbE5606YA
Reviewed January 7, 2024 via mobile

The staff is amazing on all levels. Gilber from the front desk started us off with an amazing room choice, absolutely breathtaking. Arrick and Frantz our bell hops are the BEST. If you don’t ask for them by name you will miss the greatest part of this property. Zoren from Boloud Sud is the greatest waiter. My Wife just loved his personality and his laughter was infectious. The property is clean inside and out and the amenities are wonderful. We had couples massages and loved every minute. Khadija is Wonderful guest relations manager.

Room tip: Make sure you ask questions about the property. They are willing to meet all of your needs. Should you require any services it can be done.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rev57
Reviewed January 3, 2024 via mobile

Disappointed in Dining Options Here !
Rooms and location good . Second experience here and must give a review expressing how bad the food and service is here . Most recently the Met&Cafe . A failure in any way used to describe a dining experience!
Start to finish, I just will not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they make sure to dine outside of this hotel.

Room tip: Avoid dining in this hotel !
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank IrishCueTravel
khadija kh, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2024

Dear IrishCue Travel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We highly appreciate it.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our valued guests with an excellent hotel experience. On behalf of our team, please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered.

I have communicated your feedback to our food and beverage team so that we could use your experience as a teachable moment to make sure we cater to the needs of our valued guests in a better way and improve the dining experience at the Met Café..

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you very soon