Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lea Martin

Front desk customer service needs work

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 6, 2024
JW Marriott Marquis customer service needs work. I am a Titanium Elite member and stay at least 75 nights a year. Tried contacting this property multiple times over the weekend to speak about cancelling a reservation and was not able to get someone to speak to me for over 45 minutes. Admittedly, I have made a mistake by pressing the non refundable button and wanted to ask for assistance in getting the fee waived. In the end, the front desk, although helpful, said I would need to call again on Monday.
Called again on Tuesday to speak to Seether, unfortunately, was out of office. Tried to call again and upon speaking to Barbara, was informed that he/she was on lunch break.
Called again on Wednesday, Barbara answered and tried to get connected to Seether. Unfortunately, Seether did not want to speak to the guest and was just informed there was nothing they could do. Even if they could not waive it, having the director of front office contact and speak to you matters and shows concern for guest loyalty.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Valentina Casanova, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review
Responded Mar 7, 2024
On behalf of our team, I extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your recent experience with us. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and I regret that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please rest assured that guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and we are committed to upholding our policies and procedures to ensure a seamless experience for all our guests. Unfortunately, due to our non-refundable policy, we were unable to process a refund in this instance.

However, we would like to offer our assistance in any way possible to make amends for the inconvenience you've experienced. If you require further assistance or have any concerns regarding future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are here to ensure that your future experiences with us meet and exceed your expectations.

Once again, please accept our heartfelt apologies for any frustration or inconvenience you may have encountered. We value your patronage and hope for the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Warm regards,
  • Vio.com
    C$246
1.2 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Restaurant
Gorgeous resort style airport hotel
    C$138
  • Booking.com
1.1 km from JW Marriott Marquis Miami
View more hotels in Miami
2,301 results
All reviews basketball court the concierge lounge bathroom mirror whole foods chief concierge beautiful hotel corner room beaux arts beautiful room heart of downtown mini bar high floor great amenities rooms are large an upgrade fitness center andres
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2024

Excellent location, great views. I had a terrific housekeeper - Maria Iglesias - who kept my room in tip top shape. The service level overall was very good. I liked the gym as it was well equipped and had terrific views. Intermezzo cafe was convenient for a morning coffee.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2024

Talk about unexpected surprises! When I arrived at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami I was extremely confused since I thought I had booked the JW Marriott Brickell down the street. Gilber and Hannah were great, saying not to worry, they would check my reservation. I was nervous that I forgot to even book a hotel room, but the two of them were so calm that there was no reason for me to worry. It turned out that I did book the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and this first surprise turned into multiple surprises since I was upgraded to a huge suite! Because of the large room, my cousin decided to drive over to stay with me at the hotel - Surprise number three! Tina who answered my phone calls was equally as helpful as Gilber and Hannah. As someone who is very close to her family, Tina enjoyed hearing about my story - because of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami, I was able to spend time with my family. These pleasant surprises were the direct result of the people mentioned. Thank you all for making my stay so memorable and hope to see you all soon!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JA109S
Reviewed February 17, 2024

We stayed here pre-cruise. Overall disappointing stay.

Location:
Good central location for cruise port, Heat game, etc. The streets right around the hotel aren't very pleasant for walking - lots of speeding cars running lights, with long waits for pedestrian signals. Whole Foods and CVS within 3 minute walk. 5-minute Uber or 15-minute walk to shopping and restaurants in Brickell. Bayside Park is very close by - great water views towards the cruise port and bay. There is a lot of roadwork and construction right around the hotel, which can cause traffic headaches.

Room:
Standard king room on 21st floor near elevators. Nicely renovated with new carpet and furniture. Connecting door was terrible - loud family next door talked all day and all night. We had to call the front desk to ask them to quiet down after 11pm.

Maintenance issues in room:
Room bathtub tub filler leaked all over tub enclosure and floor.
In-room coffee machine broken.
TV remote broken.
Dead power outlet at desk.

Maintenance issues in hotel:
21st floor ice machine broken.
Hot tub broken.
Pool not warm enough.

Customer service issues:
There is a mandatory resort fee ($42 or so per night). You can spend up to $42 on the room minibar, room service, and the 2nd floor bar. This is incredibly confusing and the front desk clerk at check-in didn't explain it.
Minibar is automated with sensors and there is no price list provided. You have to call/chat the front desk to ask the price of each item in the minibar. Ridiculous.

Bonvoy Platinum status perks:
You get free access to 2nd floor lounge all day. There is breakfast in the lounge. After breakfast, just nuts and pretzels on offer. The drip coffee dispenser was broken during the breakfast rush.
Platinum Bonvoy status doesn't get you any upgrade whatsoever, at least on an award stay.

This hotel would be OK for a business conference but not recommended for a leisure stay. I felt like it was a waste of my Bonvoy points and status.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
khadija kh, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2024

Dear PeterJ690,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your insights about your recent stay with us through trip advisor.

We hold ourselves to very high standards when it comes to our valued guests and your experience falls below our caliber of service. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place and reviewed to prevent these incidents from occurring in the future.

Thank you for being a loyal Platinum elite member. I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

I hope you choose to stay with us again at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and hotel Beaux Arts when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed February 5, 2024

I was there for a convention last week, and when my folio arrived in my email inbox there were several charges from the mini bar which shouldn't have been there. After calling 3 separate times and receiving 3 separate promises that a 'manager' would call me back, I've received no help. At this point I'm just going to have to eat the extra $100 I guess.

Very poor service, stay away.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew H
khadija kh, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2024

Dear AndrewhM1904RH,

I have shared your feedback with the entire team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these service delays from happening in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again at JW Marriott Marquis Miami when your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2024

Excellent attention to detail in the room. The only negative was the concierge lounge food - cold. Drink vouchers seemed nice but the drinks werent good. Nice gym. The restaurant was wonderful, however. Awesome location - walking distance to restaurants and the water.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple