“Nice Place and a Good Choice for Cruisers!”

Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #39 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is a rather nice hotel that appears brand new. We stayed here for two nights prior to taking a cruise from Port of Miami and for one night after our cruise ended.

Upon arriving in Miami, we took their shuttle from the terminal to the hotel. The shuttles runs every half an hour on the hour. When you get outside, it’s best to call the hotel to figure out when the next one will come along. There are tons of airport hotels in Miami, and more than one Best Western, so keep a sharp eye out for the van.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in very quickly. The lobby area is a bit small and it doesn’t take much for it to get full. The check-in staff was very polite and professional as were all of the staff members that we encountered.

Our room was outstanding. It was brand new! The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable. The flat screen television was a nice touch. The room was a nice size and the bathroom large and very clean. The rooms have climate control and it cooled down or warmed up pretty quickly.

The hotel has done away with its complimentary breakfast. However, if you had booked your room when it was still offered, as we did, you still got it. If not, you’ll have to pay for it.

The breakfast was buffet style and served in the lobby restaurant with excellent omelets made to order. There was also bacon and sausage as well as danish, breads and cereals. Service was decent but sometimes it took servers a little while to refill coffee cups or to return with requested items. They seemed to be a bit understaffed but they did their best.

The restaurant also had a bar and was open for lunch and dinner. It seemed to be doing a rather good business.

The hotel is in a very Latino part of the city and is perfectly safe. There are not a whole lot of restaurants but there was a 24 hour IHOP a few blocks away. A quick taxi ride can take you to many good places to eat. The front desk had many good recommendations.

We used the workout room but the weather was a bit cold for us to use the pool. The pool is of decent size and is almost out on the street! However, it is surrounded by shrubs and bushes that conceal it from view. It was clean and it’s too bad that the water was too cold for swimming.

One of the two elevators here broke down on the second night. This caused issues as it took a lot longer for guests to get up and down. The situation was even more complicated in the morning as it was still broken. It was a cruise ship sailing day and guests were having a hard time getting an elevator with all of their luggage to the lobby. We noticed this and got there early.

If you are going on a cruise, the hotel can arrange transportation to the port for $10 a person. That was a good deal. You can also make arrangements to be taken back to the hotel if you are staying there after your cruise as we did. It was quite busy on sailing day but the people in charge of the vans and buses knew what they were doing and it everything well organized.

If you are taking their shuttle to the airport after checking out, give yourself extra time to get to the airport. We arrived for the 5:00 a.m. shuttle with 15 minutes to spare to find it already full. There were other people in the same predicament who also had early flights. The staff on duty called taxis but given the time of the day, it was not easy to get many. Luckily, the shuttle van returned quickly and we were able to get to the airport in time. We saw a bus that the hotel owns in the parking lot but for some reason it wasn’t being used for the airport trips and seemed to be reserved for the port shuttles. The driver was a bit miffed about that himself.

Overall, a nice stay prior and after our cruise. Recommended. My compliments to the hotel on honoring the free breakfast offer that existed when we made our reservations.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I wanted to book a nice hotel for the last night of a 2 week holiday in Florida before flying back to Europe. I chose the PW Premier, and regretted it greatly!

The hotel is new, but unpersonal and bland. The front office staff has a bad attitude, the type that asks you for your confirmation number when arriving... at every other hotel during our trip they could find us by our last name (btw the only family with our last name, so no confusions possible).

We had booked a suite, which turned out to be a large room with a sofa bed. In all other hotels this meant two connecting rooms. The room was also the closest one to the busy avenue and therefore was very noisy. The heating was blowing full blast when we entered through a mini-split system (no central aircon).

We left for dinner as we had just driven accross the country, and then I left to return our rental car. I had planned to take the airport shuttle back, but it never arrived. I waited over an hour, and saw all the other shuttles pass by twice or three times. I eventually took a taxi, but had lost an hour.

I arrived back at the room at 10.30, to find that the sofa bed had sheets! I called front desk who told me that house keeping was not there and he was alone (!), and if I could wait an hour. NO! We had an early transatlantic flight and I was in the same room as my parents who are in their mid seventies... After an argument the front desk person left to search for what he could find; two sheets and a pillow case. No pillow, no comforter. I suggested to simply put me in another room in order to solution an issue, but apparently he couldn't.

After a bad nights sleep I asked to speak to the hotel manager. I was helped by the front office manager who apologized and offered to provide me with a free night whenever I wanted to give them a second chance. Upto today I have not received his email, over a month later!!

There is a big selection of hotels close to the aiport, choose another one. I heard the Hilton is very nice and the price similar, even lower.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away as possible from the noisy avenue.
3  Thank FinnishMexican
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We attended the Market America World Convention at the American Airlines Arena. I was a nice experience to be able to come back to a warm, clean, comfortable and extremely attentive personnel. The staff even secured a second room for us with double beds the following day of the convention. We added two more people. We will again use the Best Western and recommend this hotel to friends and family when they visit Miami.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Judy O
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed one night here after a cruise. I was very impressed with the newness of the whole place. The beds were soooo comfy and everything so stylish. It was very close to the airport, in fact my husband dropped us off and then went to return the rental car at the airport. (He then had to catch the free shuttle back) The breakfast the next morning was extremely good, and we had been used to lavish cruise food all week! The breakfast was the sit down kind in their actual restaurant with great presentation of the buffet. We could have had a special made omelet. I very quickly printed off our boarding passes at the business center and then was whisked away by their free shuttle to the airport. No problems at all like other reviews. Will definitely stay here again our next cruise pre and post. Chose a different hotel across from Bayside downtown for pre cruise this time and didn't care for the looks of that hotel, although a great location.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Just stayed two different nights on a trip through miami. Overall very pleased. Rooms were exceptionally clean and well outfitted. Very comfortable. This hotel is very close to the airport and they have free shuttles to and from the airport which we used both and were very efficient. They also offer a 10.00 shuttle to and from the port which was very helpful and much cheaper than a taxi. The staff at the front desk were very kind and helpful. One thing though is that this hotel is not near much else so there are not many restaurants or shopping. so you would need a car if staying here for vacation. But for just overnights it would be fantastic. My only concern was with the restaurant. They charge a steep 12.00 for the breakfast buffet which isnt much and the staff does not speak english so was confusing and frustrating eating breakfast and trying to even pay them. we were not served and had to find someone in order to even pay. but otherwise was content with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Pool in a horrible spot right on the street and the building blocks out the sun's rays almost alll day. However, hotel is clean, rooms are very nice and staff was friendly. I would return again just not to swim!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

A free hotel shuttle bus leaves from MIA airport on the departures level (2) and it is a quick ride to the hotel. The first morning return shuttle leaves the hotel at 5am and then usually every 30 minutes.

Reasonable clean modern hotel with helpful adequate staff, FREE in room wifi and wired connection is a obvious welcome bonus for checking in online etc.

Furnishing is neutral and basic but more importantly the bed is comfortable and the rooms fairly sound proofed. My room was not facing the main road but the rear of the hotel, not much of a vista but very peaceful.
The bathroom was ok but dont expect a toothbrush kit.

Staff were polite and helpful with my simple requests.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple