Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #40 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel (New)”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Spent one night at this Hotel after a Carnival Cruise. Brand new accommodations. Close to airport. Shuttle service pre/post cruise. Beautiful room with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker. Nice bathroom, very spacious (nice linens). Room was on 5th floor facing parking lot but you could see the skylines of Miami. Pool area was great. Towels available and pass key needed to enter. Did not eat at the hotel. Area was busy with traffic. Suggest rental car if you are staying for long period of time. Spent the day at Dolphin Harbor (Miami Seaquarium). Very intimate aquarium and the whale/dolphin shows were fantastic and expensive for 1 adult and child). Burger King across the street. CVS about 3 blocks. Great Internet service to print your airline tickets, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank C8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Polish first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We had a reservation at this hotel for one night before we picked up a rental car the next day to head for our holiday destination in SW Florida. There was a bit of confusion at the airport as to where to stand to get the shuttle bus as the signs were rubbish, but once we worked it out the mini bus came quite quickly. Check in was smooth with no difficulties experienced like previous reviewers have said. The room was clean and a nice size. One of the reasons for choosing this hotel was because it had an in house restaurant as on previous stays in airport hotels it can be a pain trying to find somewhere locally to get some food especially late at night and when you are jet lagged!! The staff in the restaurant were efficient and the food was adequate for a late night meal before heading for some much needed sleep. We also took breakfast the next morning. It was buffet style and again a lot better than we had experienced previously when staying in airport hotels. We did not experience any of the problems that other reviewers have spoken about. But what i want to give a special mention about is that we checked out and arrived at our holiday destination only to realise that we had left our passports and a fairly large amount of cash and credit cards in the safety deposit box in our room!!!! We called the hotel and had to leave a message with the receptionist for house keeping to check the room the next day as it was too late for them to do it that night. To cut a long story short all our valuables were still in the safe (the room had not been let after us) and they put everything safe in the Managers office until we collected it a week later before catching our flight home. We were so grateful to all the staff but they were very gracious in accepting our thanks. Our faith in the honesty of people in a country that is not our own was greatly boosted. Thank you again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Reevesygirl
WA
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was our first visit to Miami. Our driver picked us up at the airport, but didn't speak to us or understand even basic English. The check-in desk was rather chaotic with unhappy guests. I mentioned to the clerk that I was tired after an international flight and customs; he replied, "I am really tired too...blah, blah, blah." Our room was nice and appreciated the computer access in the hallway (although the computers are located right new the restaurant where no one has much privacy. Finally, the restaurant was severely understaffed, no answers to calls from the room, rude waitress when I walked down to order, and many things on the menu were not available. So, if you just need a good night's sleep, this is your place, but forget amenities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Canberra
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed there on 2 occassions in late March and early April on my way to and from Managua in Nicaragua.

The shuttle bus from the Miami airport was very convenient - but make sure you get on the Best Western Premier bus as there is more than 1 Best Western at or near the airport. I got on the wrong one on the first visit!

The hotel is very clean and the rooms a good size and clean. Breakfast was very good but i wouldn't have any other meals there.

I was sick on my second visit and the reception staff were very good in finding me a doctor who was close to the hotel. A short 6 minute cab ride and I was seen very quickly by a doctor. Thank you for all your help.

Overall, my impression was a very good and convenient hotel - not the closest to the airport, but good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2012

From entry to exit, my stay at best western premier mia was truly amazing! Upon check-in staff welcomed me with a smile and always provided exceptional service when called upon. Luis and Zahina were amazing, perfect treatment. Saturday morning we took breakfast and Mario was a really professional, nice young man. But my last day, Monday, was a disaster, maybe I shouldn´t but I Just wanted to let you know about a horrible experience that I had. I saw the maintenance guy, Jarvi, kissing a maid on the fifth floor, was nothing professional and disgusting . This kind of things shouldn’t happen, Maybe they were a couple married, I don’t know, could be, but it was not a normal kiss, is rude, offensive and shocking this. This is the only bad thing that I can tell about best western premier mia.
I had two two-bedroom suites and they both looked exactly like the picture. Very quiet rooms never heard a noise at night, reasonably priced, clean, wonderful pool, and the bed was like sleeping at home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Silverdale, Wa
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We arrived quite a bit later than expected (after midnight) but I had phoned the hotel a few days prior to make sure this wouldn't be a problem. I was told that we had pre-paid for the room so it was ours. We arrived at 2:30am (due to our plane being delayed). When I went to check in the person at the front desk could not find my reservation. She asked me a couple of times if it could be under another name (she was referring to someone else who had checked in earlier with the same last name)...I said no, that is not my name. She then proceeded to phone this person's room (remember it is 2:30am) to ask them I'm not sure what because as soon as she got them on the line she said there had been a mixup with the reservation but that she would take care of it. I am not sure why she called them up. I asked if this was going to be a problem and she said no...we will give you another room. By this point, I'm exhausted and thrilled to just go to bed. Our room was clean and quite comfortable. There were no additional issues and we checked out exactly 7 hours after checking in! We had a cruise to catch and this was just a place to lay our head.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I spent one night here at the end of March 2012, in transit from Belize to a cruise from the Port of Miami. I've just read the other reviews, and have to say I did not have any problem with the hotel itself or the staff there. The shuttle was slow from the airport, but I had just missed the pick-up, and an hour round trip does sound about right. The room I had on the top floor was quite nice I thought, and everything was where you would expect it (coffee by the coffee maker, etc). The a/c didn't want to work initially, but they sent someone up in short order and it turned out that a breaker on the a/c unit had tripped - a quick flip and all was in working order.

The front desk arranged for shuttle transport to the Port for the next morning ($10 fare - quite reasonable I thought), and I had the buffet breakfast at the restaurant the next morning. I thought it was well presented, tasty, and worth the price I paid. Speaking of price, I thought the rate for overnight accomodation was quite expensive, but if you look at other hotels in the area the rate is generally high in the airport/port district.

For some last minute items, there is a local supermarket a block away from the hotel, and a CVS Pharmacy at Flagler and 37th. Within a few blocks of the hotel are a Pizza Hut, Burger King, Subway and IHOP, as well as quite a few local restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo