“Pleasant Surprise!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2018

We knew we had to have real Cuban food during our trip through Miami! Our shuttle driver at the hotel recommended La Rosa and it was delicious! He did fail to mention that it was a very nice restaurant, so we were slightly under-dressed in our shorts and t-shirts. But we survived! All of the food was amazing! You must try the conch fritters, filetes de res relleno con jamon y queso and the Creme Brulee was out of this world delicious! We would definitely visit again!

1  Thank JodyN122

Reviewed July 9, 2018

La Rosa was highly recommended by the staff at our hotel near Miami International Airport. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, with linen tablecloths and moderate noise levels, with a separate, small bar area adjacent to the main dining room. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. Menu is varied with numerous Cuban classics including fried pork and Ox Tail, among many others. Flavor of the food was outstanding. Moderate prices given the generous portion sizes and quality. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Gerald W
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in La Rosa after our flight landed in Miami. We were both craving Cuban food and we came across La Rosa after a quick Google search. The food was fantastic, authentic and so reasonable. I must have said “mmmmm” with every bite. The bartender/server and owner were so friendly and helpful. I have celiac and they were easily able to help me make gluten free choices. I only regret La Rosa is not closer to our home, but the ride may be worth it!

1  Thank Lori K
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Staying nearby and decided to go based on the reviews. They were spot on! Quaint little place with great atmosphere. Quick and attentive service. In our party one had steak, the other fish and a chicken dish. Everyone was very please. I had the skirt steak and it was cooked perfectly! The salad was good as were the veggies. The entree comes with two sides and they had many choices. The rice and beans looked good at the table next to us. My friends said it had a good wine list and the Cuban coffee after was equally as good I was told.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Nice family restaurant with authentic Cuban food. The food here is cooked to order (not like Versailles) and comes in very generous portions. The mariquitas they bring to the table are highly addictive and much better than bread. My kids love this place - the rice and beans are on-point!

It's hard to go wrong when ordering, but here are a few of my favorite dishes: picadillo, ropa vieja, pollo cordon bleau and bistec de palomilla. Also ordering a side of yucca con mojo and/or platanos maduro are definitely worth it.

I feel as though their prices may have gone up over the past few months. But it's still a good value for both the quantity AND the quality.

1  Thank IamPlatinum

Been to La Rosa? Share your experiences!