“Surprisingly good - Great value for the price.”

Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Ranked #20 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We actually enjoyed our stay there. I needed to book a place for the whole week so I wanted somewhere centrally located (must have a car, though) and relatively inexpensive. The Hampton Inn worked out perfectly. The complimentary breakfast is like something you'd find on a cruise ship -- make your own waffles, a hot bar, variety of yogurt, etc. And the coffee was delicious (and I'm picky about my coffee). The pool is small, but still nice. The gym is an afterthought but I still used it and worked well for me. The people were very friendly. We had one minor mishap - security guy knocked on the door at 6:30 am saying we had called for a plumbing issue, but he had the wrong room. He was apologetic. Beds were comfortable and the TV had HBO. I was in heaven.

Room Tip: Go for views to the east.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MiguelV2800, Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Susarc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay and for your positive rating of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and HBO! I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This hotel is located very close to Coconut Grove, with all it's restaurants and shopping, but far enough that it is not noisy and overpriced. The hotel is updated, clean and comfortable with a small pool and breakfast area. There are 2 parking lots (open air and underground) and they can fill up quickly in season but I have never not been able to park. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is average at best but they do have an evening reception with small hors d'overes and beer/wine. A nice local restaurant named Berries is right around the corner where you can get a great breakfast, lunch or dinner if you don't want to head to the Grove.

1  Thank Diana G

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay and for your positive rating of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the friendly service we provide! We believe in appreciating every guest and making their stay the best! I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I had some family stay here and they absolutely loved it! Hotel was in a great location and the staff were so accommodating. Room was a good nice and price was even better! The pool and hot tub was so nice and such a terrific way to relax at the end of the day. They also loved the breakfast so much that they didn't end up eating my breakfast I made!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Vasquez Family,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay and for your positive rating of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast! We believe in appreciating every guest and making their stay the best! I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Our room was nice and we enjoyed the comfortable bed. It was a good size and there were many outlets. We went to Miami Beach which was about a 20 minute drive. We went to happy hour at the hotel and most of the food and drink was gone. On the other hand breakfast was great with lots of choices. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Joy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay and for your positive rating of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast! I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Really nice rooms and a quiet pool. You get a lot for the price.

Breakfast was fine, but I really don't get how you can serve imported apples and bananas and an orange juice from a concentrate. I mean we travel half of the world to an exotic location to finally experience ripe oranges and the juice and they were nowhere to find.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Great hotel, great staff, and great location! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the greater Miami area. I stay here every time I visit Marlins Park. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Scott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay and for your positive rating of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, going above and beyond is the Hampton way! I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

My room was clean and extremely comfortable, and the service was excellent. The breakfast was serviceable, as most Hampton Inn breakfasts are, and my only concern was the parking. There was not nearly enough parking for guests, and this was a relatively suburban area. I had to park on the street both nights because I returned late with little to no instructions on local parking laws. As this is a location far from public transit I believe additional parking spots need to be acquired. Other than that, great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay and for your positive rating of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast! I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with parking. We dont always have trouble with parking, so I hope that you can give us a second chance! I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in town.