“Best Hilton Property Ever.”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #15 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I travel all over north America and I gotta say this is by far the best Hilton Property I have ever stayed at. It matters very little to me whether or not my room is fancy or if there is a beautiful pool or lounge area(which this place has) but what really matters is service. I hope that the entire Hilton organization sees how Alexandra and Kristen view customer service and adopt it worldwide. I work in the field of Repuation Management and I have consulted automotive industry professionals how valuable your Repuation is and how important customer service is in every customer interaction,I will be using Alexandra and Kristen as examples of who to emulate.

A Proud Diamond Member

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to one of their suites you will be very pleased...it's like an apartme...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Micah03,

Wow, I am pleased to see such positive comments coming from one of our Prefferred Hilton Diamond Members! I am happy to see that, even as a 3-star hotel we were able to deliver 5-star service. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Kristen and Alexandra. Please know that you are welcome back to stay with us any time.

Christian J. Riofrio

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for one night prior to an early AM flight. For the price, I was expecting a much nicer hotel. The carpet in the room was very old appearing and in bad need of a replace. We had to call for sheets for the pullout, even though I made it clear at check-in that we would be needing to use the pull out. The maid who brought us the sheets told me she couldn't speak any english when I asked her to bring 2 pillows for the extra bed, as there were none in the room. (I got my point across in broken spanish and hand signals, and she did bring back pillows.) If I had realized the overall quality of this hotel in advance, I would have gladly paid up an extra $50 to stay in a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you RAB394, for taking the time to write this review of your stay at our hotel. I would like to acknowledge your experience in communicating with the housekeeping staff. I have passed your comments on to our Executive Housekeeper and will be working closely with our room attendants to train them even when language is a barrier.

In addition, our management team is working with ownership for plans on a major renovation project in the Sumer 2012. Plans to update the carpet, tile, guest bathrooms, and lobby are in the works. I welcome you to visit us again once the renovations are complete and I promise you will see and feel a difference.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My favorite hotel of the Hilton Family is the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport. Great location, rooms, service and staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I usually stay at the hampton, because of the free parking and internet service...the location is excellent too. Tonight when I checked in something new is happening, the managers reception. Wow the chicken salad was amazing, the wine was excellent, and I topped it off with a slice of carrot cake. Yum! No need to leave the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a gold or diamond member the upgraded rooms are much more relaxing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you, David G, for your positive review and ratings of the property, and thank you for noticing our new Manager's Reception. It is a new addition to our list of amenities, occurring every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5pm-7pm. You can be sure to find an array of finger-foods and wine, perfect for winding down after your work day. I am happy to see you enjoyed it and I look forward to meeting you in person during your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hotel needs upgrading (carpets, bathrooms, etc.). However, the personnel were extremely nice. The breakfast was good for a hotel chain. Room was comfortable and quiet to be so closed to the Miami airport.

Room Tip: One of the best things of this hotel is that it is closed to a shopping with three or four great res...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Kim,

Thank you for choosing to review your recent stay at our property. I appreciate your positive feedback about our customer service staff and the quality of the complimentary breakfast. Currently, management is working closely with ownership towards a renovation project scheduled for the Summer of 2012. Included on our list of upgrades are both lobby floors, carpet and tile, guest bathrooms, and more. I welcome you to stay with us again after these renovations are complete next time you are planning a trip to Miami.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very nice place, love the comfy beds. It was pricey but such is Miami. Not sure this would be amongst the "best buys" but it was nice. Pretty good breakfast which had a good variety of things and changed daily slightly. Everyone was very friendly. Gym was relatively small but better than most. Room was nice and elevators use card security sweep. Not a big deal but if you are concerned about security. Parking was free in their lot and there was always room when I was there. Quite a few smaller restaurants in the area. I recommend Patagonia on 7th. Nothing remotely bad to say other than it seemed pricey to me but it might have been just the timing also.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stay in Miami three or four times a year on business near the airport. I have stayed here for the past eight years.I come back for the friendly service and a familiar home away from home after all this time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport have less outside lighting.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
chrisriofrio, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Mushroom24,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am happy to know that you feel at home when staying with us during your travel. It is always nice to hear from a familiar face and we look forward to having you in the future.