1,556 results
All reviews coconut grove panorama restaurant frank ruiz eighth floor deluxe room bay view biscayne bay full kitchen valet parking coral gables south beach restaurants and shops business meeting rooftop pool per day balcony kitchenette
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Great views if Biscayne Bay and Peacock Partk from the eighth floor restaurant. Not sure why it is called Panorama when you can not see out from all sides. Good food and nice helpful service. Parking is pricey and is much cheaper in the lot across the street. Good location to visit Coconut Grove and the Bay Area.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Margaret R, Manager at Best Western Hotel Aria, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Thank you for posting your feedback about our restaurant Panorama. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food and service. In addition to our inside seating we offer outdoor seating that provides a panoramic view of Biscayne Bay. We have one of the best views in Miami along with great food making it worth checking out.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

My husband got married at St. Hugh in Coconut Grove, FL, then had our reception at the Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami. It was the best decision my husband and I could've made for our wedding. The lobby is beautiful and modern; it makes a lasting impression when you (and your guests) first walk in. Now, move your way up to the 8th floor where there's the Panorama Restaurant (which closes at 9, I believe), well-kept bathrooms, the Grove View Terrace, and the ballrooms. One thing I loved about this venue is that there is only one event going on at a time. With that being said, the 8th floor is really for you and your guests to enjoy (once the restaurant closes).

We had planned for our cocktail hour to be outdoors at the Grove View Terrace. It's a large terrace with gorgeous views of the bay and the city. My cocktail hour, however, was moved to the Grove Ballroom because of very windy/cold weather. The Grove Ballroom was with no disappointment, though. It was very classy and was large enough to accommodate all of my guests. I left the judgement call of indoor-outdoor up to my aunt and Katie (who I'll speak more about momentarily!) The package we purchased included a gourmet cheese display, 2 hors d'oeuvres passed out by servers, and 2 open bars. Only 1 bar was available during cocktail hour, but it seemed to work out great because our guests were trickling in! After this was done, the bar was discreetly moved to the reception space.

As my guests moved from cocktail hour to the dinner/party space, they passed by the bathrooms, my Photo Booth space, and the table escort cards. The Biscayne room is where we had dinner and partied. Everything was beautiful. You could see the city and bay and as a bonus, there's outdoor patio space where you could have a bar, lounge couches, or even a cigar roller - I mean, you ARE in Miami ;D Since I wanted to do everything I can to get optimal dance time, I asked Katie to have the salads already set on the table when the guests enter the room. Also, because whenever I go to a wedding, I'm starving by the time I get there! We moved through out first dances and speeches, and dinner was served. We had 2 options. Chicken, red skinned mashed potatoes, and string beans, or salmon with jasmine rice, and asparagus. Honestly, they were way better than I was expecting hotel food to taste like. During the food tasting we sat at a formally set table where the chef came out and served the food. He listened to our suggestions on personal likes and dislikes and changed things accordingly. It was perfect. During dinner, instead of having the champagne toasts, we had white and red wine passed out. After dinner, the DJ got everyone on the dance floor and everyone had the time of their lives. I never saw a line at the bar and the liquor included in our package worked well for our guests. Everyone still complements us on how amazing things were. There was nothing we would have changed at all and I wish I could go back to that night!

Another perk is that the hotel was able to block off rooms at a discounted price for my guests. All they needed was a group code at check out and the Sales Manager kept me updated on how many rooms were booked and who had booked with them. You just had to sign a contract guaranteeing a minimum amount of rooms. If you needed more rooms you could call and they would add more. Gus Corral was the Group Coordinator who was so great and even with day-late requests, was so accommodating and helpful.

Enough about the guest rooms, what about the bride and groom suite?! Let me tell you, it was beautiful! My bridesmaids and I got ready in the bridal suite before the wedding. There was a nice kitchen, living area (with a pullout couch), and a bedroom with a king size bed. Oh, and it had a wrap around balcony! We rented the same suite for the night before so I was able to spend it with my best friends.

Now, about Katie Nelson. She was a God-sent. She was so accommodating and really treated you like more than just a customer. Katie dealt with my millions of emails and request, always with a smile on her face. I tell my friends that she was almost like an unofficial wedding planner. Once you hired your outside vendors, she would coordinate with them to make sure they had everything the needed, got all the paperwork settled, and made sure they knew about the house rules. She was there for menu tasting and if you wanted to do a walkthrough with a potential vendor, she was there too to answer any questions they had. During the wedding, she was there to help make sure things went smoothly. At our wedding, we had an issue with our table numbers on the escort cards. It was brought to my attention and Katie looked at me and said, "Don't worry. I'll handle it." It was handled, and I didn't think about it again the whole night. That's her! I'm so happy to have met Katie because she really was there to help me whenever I needed it. (Thanks, lady!)

I definitely recommend having your wedding at the Sonesta. Beside the amazingly great location, views, and beautiful hotel setting, you have an amazing staff there to back it up.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessicadrew

Congratulations and thank you for selecting our hotel for such a special day. We are pleased that everyone had a wonderful time. We hope we will see you again, perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

This is the second year we held our meeting at the Sonesta Coconut Grove. We had approximately 80 guests over a seven day period. The staff makes us feel at home and always provides over-the-top service. The meals are always excellent and have wide appeal to a variety of tastes. Highly recommend the facility, staff and location for events.

Room tip: Corner suites offer excellent views and plenty of space
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

We are thrilled that your company selected our hotel for this important event. Thank you for returning and for your recommendation of our property. We look forward to the opportunity to host your event again next year.

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful outdoor pool, unfortunately the hotel was too far away from everything I. E. beach and the room we had was large but a bit dated compared to rest of the hotel. There was a small balcony, which was nice, but the rest of the room did not look like photos. Disappointed.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Margaret R, Manager at Best Western Hotel Aria, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2016

On behalf of the hotel, please accept our apologies that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are located in the center of Coconut Grove on Biscayne Bay and only a short drive from the beaches of Key Biscayne and Miami Beach. Our location offers our great neighborhood of Coconut Grove with amazing views, great restaurants and shops and proximity to many other Miami attractions.

Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

Was blessed to win two nights at the Sonesta Hotel. From the minute we got there, the staff was super friendly and upgraded our room to the 18th floor. So enjoy the pool on the 8th floor and dinner at the hotel! Cannot wait to go back soon! #staycationsRule

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MommaDina

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we hope we will be considered again for your next trip to Coconut Grove.