“Dirty and you can be stolen!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort

Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort
Ranked #107 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Okeechobee, Florida
“Dirty and you can be stolen!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Bad neighborhood, difficult to find, and if you leave the car unlocked, even with the window closed, you will be stolen. In just one hour this happens to me. They told me the security guy work just to check the cars, and the Hotel are not responsible for thefts. Yes, I was stolen in just one hour, with a security guy working and only 3 cars in the parking lot. Don't recommend to anybody!!!!

Room Tip: If you get this Hotel you're crazy!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Igor A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

First time I ever been scammed at a hotel. First of all this hotel is a bad area and I had bad vibe when going in. Very old and ugly, motels are much nicer...I walk in and show my reservation papers and they say I'm not in the system. The guys do not seem to know what they are doing...I was there waiting for 2 hours, we were on the phone with cheapostay, finally they receive fax with the order. Instead of the "suite" I purchased they wanted to give me a standard room. I said no here is my order with the suite I ordered...

Next they tell me ok fine we will give you the suite, but you have to pay. I already stated I paid and here is the paperwork and receipt of payment, they tell me to call cheapostay again...I shouldn't even be calling since they are the ones with the errors...I ended up leaving as it would of taken 3 hours and it was already 11pm...After finally talking with cheapostay, I tell them I left and I want my refund. They agreed and I was only charged 10 dollars until I stayed, then the rest would be charged. I look at my account the next day and the hotel charged me 97.18! Called cheapostay and there is an investigation with the hotel. I will be reporting to my credit card as well.

Stay away from this dirty and ugly hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jon M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent the weekend there on a short notice trip to miami. The lighting sucked had to do my makeup in the bathroom. The water was cold.we had to wait any hour for an iron. There were lizards,the comforters had holes in them and the sheets reeked an unpleasant odor. Never ever again!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Indiaizit
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Th hotel was dirty, room lighting poor, no hot water in the shower. The 'free breakfast' was in a previous room (limited space and seating), with a bug crawling out from the bagel tray. Limited food variety. When we asked for an iron, we were advised 45min delay in having the iron delivered. Noisy location next to busy highway. We cancelled our 2nd night booking and checked out early. Pool was ok.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leanne163
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My kids and I stayed here about a mounth ago and I was so afraid that I set up all night and watched my kids sleep. They had good customer service but the hotel was terrible. So they really had to be nice.Then we ordered pizza and the delivery guy trust to ASK for a tip. That added fuel to the fire. Please take this advice and that of others about there horrible experience. $100/night PLEASE more like $10/night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lanette j
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

First off, I was literally scared to death to stay here after I read the reviews. I called the hotel and spoke to a nice gentleman and explained my concern. He said "Most people say it is not as bad as they thought it would be". This did not help my fear. But, let me also say this, it was not as bad as I thought. We stayed here one night prior to leaving for our cruise. The room was clean, the bed was clean, the bathroom was clean. We were there less than 12 hours and felt that we got what we paid for at $55. The staff was friendly, and I did not feel uneasy. Would I want to stay here for longer than one night? No, of course not, but to sleep and shower it was fine.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joy B
Green Cove Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Please listen to other review's about this rat dive. This is the most disgusting, scariest place that i've ever been. The restroom sink was held up by a 2x4 and teh beds were old and smelly. The box spring was broken. It smelled like mildew, and marijuana. It was a nightmare. We walked and and checked out the same night.

Room Tip: Dont stay here...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Aida S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
5.3 km away
9.3 km away
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!