“Top German in unlikely spot”

Royal Bavarian Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #627 of 4,797 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metro dade Bus stop (L Bus) in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed January 22, 2017

Well worth a detour to this authentic German restaurant. Outstanding food-the roast duck in a cherry sauce is my favorite but so are the schnitzels, wurst so and sauerbraten that my husband, son and friends have had. Great beers on draft, wonderful desserts (if you have room or share). A great change from all the Latin, Italian and steak places with great quality and value.

1  Thank mlp27

Reviewed December 24, 2016

Each time we eat at the Schnitzel House we leave there saying "why don't we dine here more?" The food is amazing! The service is friendly and fabulous. The value is exceptional. And the experience is wonderful!
The potato pancakes are unbelievable; crisp morsels of golden potatoes served with applesauce and sour cream for starters. Remember to order the roasted duck with cherry sauce or if they have the goose on the menu, go for it! Tender, juicy meat covered with crisp skin makes this dish memorable. And leave room for dessert. The apple fritters or apple strudel served with vanilla ice cream is a must.
Their alcohol beverage service focuses on beer and wine only. Serving beers from around the world they offer many on tap. However, their wine list is limited but balanced offering a small collection of both red and white wines.
Nevertheless, make your reservation soon as this small, intimate restaurant is Wunderbar!

1  Thank SUSAN W
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Walking into this restaurant you are hit in the face with a crazy decor... it's eclectic and cheezy.. but then you go out to the beer garden and it's totally different. Cozy, warm ambiance and very relaxed. I've eaten here many times and the schnitzel is fantastic. I like the sausage platter and have never been disappointed by a dinner special... I really like the red cabbage- it's sweet and sour and so authentic. I have some friends who do not like it, but to each his own, right? The spatzel is great and made in-house. I also enjoy the baked brie and honey appetizer to share. The little salad that is included with every meal is dressed so nicely.. I really look forward to it because I love the dressing so much.... Sometimes it is served with sliced tomato and sometimes with this yummy green bean salad type of thing on top... The pils is always cold and really yummy. I've been a few times when the restaurant was closed, twice for private events and one other time for their annual vacation of 3-4 weeks. lol. Might want to call and make sure they are open before driving a long way to get there.

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

I saw this place pop up on the trip advisor radar. I thought who would go to a schnitzel house in Miami... Well I did. It bothered me so much I gave in...

It was good, real good. In fact one of the best I have been to. The only thing that would make it better would be some lederhosen and a change in landscape.

Beer is good food is real good. I will return with friends so I can show off my knowledge of local hidden favorites.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Since my boyfriend likes German Food and Beer, found out about this place and decided to give it a try and surprise him for his birthday and it was a great choice. It was my first time eating German Food and it was delicious. This place is a hidden gem and so close to us, can't believe we never knew about it. From the appetizer of the potatoe pancake with salmon and caviar, to the Weiner schnitzel and the Lamb and the great beer everything was delicious. They have an outside known as the beergarten that we will definitely try next time and an inside which is so nicely decorated and feels so romantic. He was very surprised and very happy.

Been to Royal Bavarian Schnitzel Haus? Share your experiences!