“Pilot a REAL 767 aircraft simulator”
Review of Wingman Adventures

Wingman Adventures
Ranked #30 of 67 Fun & Games in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit wingmanadventures com for pricing. By appointment only. Learn about airline operations and the challenges Pilots face each and every flight. Discover what it takes for Pilots to 'move the metal' at an international airline •A highly unique individual or team experience brought to you only by Wingman Adventures.We Understand Your Need To Achieve. At Wingman Adventures we provide our clients with an exclusive opportunity to challenge themselves, or their teams, like never before in a truly unique environment by entering the demanding world of an international airline Pilot. Our professional Pilots, the $25 million flight simulators and a global flight scenario will take you to new heights in personal excellence. Far more than just a 'ride,' your time with us is designed to be a complete experience that is educational, entertaining and as our clients regularly tell us, extraordinarily fun and exciting.We Put You In The Captain's Seat. When you put yourself in the expert hands of Wingman Adventures' Pilot Instructors, you learn a lot about the fast-moving day-to-day operations of a Pilot's life on the ground, and behind the cockpit door at a global airline. You also learn a lot about yourself. Before you discover first-hand where more than 60,000 pounds of thrust can take you, we start your day with Ground School where our Professional Pilots guide you through all aspects of operating a commercial airliner, then continue on-board our FAA certified $25 million flight simulator. Choose from two Adventures, visit our website for more information,and to book now!
Reviewed September 23, 2014

I found Wingman Adventures (Wingman Advisors at the time) trough TripAdvisor. I had been looking for this for many years since a real simulator is very hard to come by.
I quickly got a reply after sending an inquiry and after a few emails to sort out what I wanted, I received a written offer explaining my experience in detail and I was introduced to Doug who was going to be my instructor. A partial fee has to be payed when you order and the remaining amount a set number of days before your experience takes place.

I had a few questions which were quickly replied to.

The simulator is located just to the north of the runway at Miami International Airport (outside the airport premises). It is easy to find and parking is free.

When I met Doug, he was just the professional pilot I had expected. Very friendly and with a lot of knowledge. The experience I chose included a 4 hour theory session where he explained everything I wanted to know, and all of the things I needed to know before entering the simulator. There is also lunch included but to be honest, listening to Doug supersedes any available lunch option in Miami….so I skipped it not thinking twice.

As I am more than average interested in aviation, Doug adjusted his level of information to suit my level of knowledge.
The simulator itself is something I have never thought should be so complex. Doug starts you off at an easy level, letting you learn things and getting to know the airplane. He is patient, pauses and explains, then lets you try again. No pressure, it is your day and he is just making it even better. My 2 hours went like a blink of an eye. You are allowed your own camera. I brought a Go Pro Hero Cam 3 HD. The mounting can be a bit challenging due to the movement of the simulator.
If you think you are good in flight sims...you will have a surprise.

Doing this is by far the greatest experience I have ever had and I will definitely do it again.

A few tips for anyone interested in doing this:

- Bring water. Although there is a air-condition working, you will get thirsty.
- Be rested. The experience is great fun and can be overwhelming so you will get tired at the end.
- Don’t hesitate. It is worth every cent. I flew from Norway to Miami just for this and I will do it again!

Date of experience: July 2014
4  Thank MisterJan

Reviewed March 11, 2014

its hard to describe it in words, we flew the simulator for 2 straight hours and at the end i was sweating heavy.. its and fantastic experience to get a feeling what the pilots do on a day to day basis. it will put you right back to earth, if you think you can fly good in flight sims.

Our instructor, James, was very professional and passionate, he made it more interesting for us, took the time to explain everything clearly.

i would definitely do it again, and i can recommend it to everyone.

Date of experience: March 2014
3  Thank Arjen_lima
Reviewed December 23, 2013

What can I say.....wow, what a fantastic and incredible experience, this day has to be on everyone's wish list. The whole day was excellently organised from the moment we arrived.
The day was so informative and educational and the experience of being in the brilliant simulator was just fantastic. We were very fortunate to have both Doug and John for the day and they were superb with their instruction and guidance, they let you enjoy the experience and gently guide you through the procedures with no pressure but just fun, fun and more fun. Thanks so much guys for a most unforgettable experience, you were brilliant!

Date of experience: December 2013
3  Thank peterjmorgan04
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have called them several times and no one has called me back.
I'm wondering what is wrong with this company.
It shows no responsibility on their part.

Date of experience: September 2013
6  Thank arkmort
Espo831, Owner at Wingman Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Our apologies to anyone that has called us and has not received a response. We do not keep regular office hours as our services are by appointment only--typically scheduled 1 or 2 weeks or more in advance. Please email us and we will be glad to schedule a call. Our team members all travel the world for major airlines. Email is the best way to reach out to us. Again, our apologies if we missed your call.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Cool, Awesome--those words don’t come close to describing what it is like to be in a 767 simulator for the first time. This is a “Holy s**t, Batman!” experience.
When you first enter what looks like a large trailer box on a stem and see the cockpit, it appears to be just what you anticipated. After the door is shut, the flight procedure is explained, and the sim parameters are set, the sim experience slowly takes over. This system is so advanced it is not a matter of suspending reality and pretending you are flying; instead the system overwhelms your sense of training to the point your entire body believes you are in charge of, and responsible for, a $150 million aircraft, its passengers and crew. Landing the behemoth (or bouncing it off the tarmac as happens the first time), then keeping it on the runway and stopping it definitely elevates your heart rate! During post sim time review all I could think about was getting back in there, learning more, doing better, and perhaps tackling more difficult flying circumstances.

Date of experience: February 2013
16  Thank JohnDelVecchio
Espo831, Owner at Wingman Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Glad you enjoyed it. This is fun for us as well--it reminds us why we fell in love with flying in the first place.