“Unimpressive sushi”

Sushi Maki
Ranked #129 of 4,846 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: Spreading the joy of what great sushi should be; delicious, responsibly sourced ingredients, creative and tasty combinations and an experience you want to have again and again.
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Was craving sushi so decided to check this place out. Service was very good, but overall was not at all impressed with the food as it was very underwhelming.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

I have to start with our server Vladimir, because he was one of the best we've ever had. He was warm, had great suggestions from the menu and honest reasons why he thought they were good (and he was right on) and he took my husband's celiac seriously and made sure our soy sauce and food were gluten free. The food was far above average for airport fare, and pretty good overall (we eat a lot of sushi in coastal California, so we can be a bit picky). We had the tuna appetizer and that was amazing. My husband had the pad thai, and it was good but could have been a bit more flavorful. My tuna salad was good - but could have been improved with mixed greens (it was mostly iceburg lettuce). I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by here between flights with my mother who is allergic to soy. Plenty of menu options, but she got the Chicken Caesar which was prepared in teriyaki, which we realized late contains Soy! No worries, says manager Stuart, and got us a fresh batch of chick prepared without.
I got the poke and it was delicious, great price too! Thanks Stuart, and our server, Angel!

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 5 had a layover at MIA and had a long lunch at sushi maki. The food was excellent. Our server, Marc, was attentive, helpful and on top of our every need. Great Food and service at the airport is a welcomed surprise.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

My three children and I were at the airport at 4:30am and looking for a place to have breakfast before our flight. The restaurant manager, Charlie, allowed us into the restaurant even though it wasn't quite open yet and was incredibly friendly and efficient. Multiple times, my kids noted how "nice and kind" he was, especially for so early in the morning. The food was excellent, too. Thank you!