“The Display Drew Me In”

Sushi Maki
Ranked #129 of 4,846 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: Spreading the joy of what great sushi should be; delicious, responsibly sourced ingredients, creative and tasty combinations and an experience you want to have again and again.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was such a disappointing experience. They had a great display of food out front, which doesn't normally work on me. However, I was drawn in and ordered the Pad Thai with chicken. The chicken was dry and the whole dish was lukewarm. I wanted something to make it a little spicier and the waiter brought me sriracha sauce in a little cup. What a disappointment. I also had a carafe of white sangria. It didn't taste bad but it was $24! It certainly wasn't worth it. I'll skip this one next time.

SushiMakiMIA, Manager at Sushi Maki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Kendra

We would first like to apologize for the experience you had while dining at our location. We know you have multiple places to choose from and we thank you for giving us the opportunity. We strive for 100% satisfaction in both food and service and from your feedback, we failed you in the food aspect of your visit.

Our Pad This is our best-selling item on our menu and we are proud of this. We will take your feedback, and go over the preparation procedures with the culinary staff to ensure the quality of the chicken is where it needs to be and hot food is served hot as it is meant to be.

It sounds from your post, that you are a frequent traveler through the airport, and we would like to win you back as a valued guest. Please join us for a complimentary Pad Thai of your choice, dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice to show you how great we really are.

Stuart Hyams
Manager

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Stuart quickly sat us in the Miami airport. He knew we were in a rush so he took our drink and food order immediately. Our food was hot, delicious and reasonably priced. Stuart made our experience great and we can’t reccomend Sushi Maki enough.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I loved the ramen and the broth, and the egg was hard boiled. The only thing that was a bit challenging for me was the big cuts of pork because I was in-transit.

Loved it though. That will be my food stop whenever I’m at MIA.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Great sushi option to be in an airport!
I mean, is not a take away, is a Sushi very well elaborated in terms of taste and how it looks !

I ate “the Fifty” and I add some extra Terayaki sauce, was delicious...I try some tuna sashimi also was good too.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently endured two delayed and ultimately one cancelled flight that caused us to spend a very brief but unplanned night in Miami. After only 3.5 hours of sleep, we were back at the airport at 5AM in search of coffee and a decent breakfast. We stumbled into Sushi Maki on concourse D. We were greeted cheerfully, seated promptly and deftly served by a charming server called Marc. We had travel vouchers and a bit of confusion resulting in me leaving my boarding pass behind rather than one of the travel vouchers!

I highly recommend this restaurant for the location, the perfectly cooked eggs and freshly brewed coffee (in a sushi restaurant?! I know! Who’d imagine?!) And the service was wonderful!