“Down home BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Who doesn't love BBQ? If you're in the mood for BBQ, then you will love this Miami institution. Shorty's has been around for decades, giving Miamian's their BBQ fix. You'll find all things BBQ here, ribs, chicken, pork and brisket. Not to mention Buttery corn on the cob, deep fried Okra, onion rings and more. When it comes to BBQ in South Florida, no one does it better than Shorty's.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I got the pulled pork sandwich, which was just huge and quite tasty. The fries were a little bland, though. I also got the cornbread appetizer and that was fabulous - it was so dense it was almost like a pudding. My friend got the corn on the cob appetizer and it looked delicious, too. This was my first time there, but I was with others who had been there before. One friend chose not to come because she is a vegetarian and she said there is not much there for her to get. But I'm an omnivore, and I liked eating here just fine.

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

Great food. Very good service. Delicious ribs and sandwich. Excellent corn. Great price. must go!!!!

Reviewed February 7, 2017

Stopped at Shorty's on a trip to Miami. I remember them from a long time ago as a child. They have been doing it right for a long time. Wife got Brisket and I got Pulled Pork Plate. We could not eat it all. The waiter was great and very attentive. Although not North Carolina style pork like I love it was good. Wife's brisket was good also. They have long bench like picnic tables and atmosphere is good. Our service was fast and friendly and I was happy as we were flying back to Texas. A great place to stop for good eats.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

A very nice setting. Big tables with benches.
Service, very nice.
And the ribs: simply wonderful.
A very nice place to eat ribs in an ambience that is very nice.
Price/ quality, also very good.

Been to Shorty's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!