“Great Pizza/Pasta & Awesome Garlic Rolls”
Review of The Big Cheese

The Big Cheese
Ranked #103 of 4,560 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 3, 2014

Fantastic Pizza and Pasta Plates-always too much for 1 sitting-be ready to take home. The pizza is extremely tasty-we had veggie and cheese pies. The garlic rolls (you can never have enough garlic) are the best. I had chicken parm and it was excellent. Great atmosphere, be ready to wait in line at primetime.

Reviewed November 10, 2014

This was the second time I have gone and both times I had been brought there by my local friends and they could not be more correct. Nothing fancy, just a great local find. This is not an overpriced tourist joint but I guarantee you will feel comfortable here none the less. The staff was running as fast as they could to keep up with the lunchtime crowd, I hear the weekends are very busy. The garlic and butter rolls are a great starter, and the menu has many, many options.

Try it you will not be disappointed and you will not break the bank here either.

Reviewed October 27, 2014

I love the Big Cheese. I was born in Miami, and this is a classic Pizza and Pasta spot locals love, and few tourists find. However, it's easy to find. But best of all, is the kitchen crew. They are busy, busy, busy, but never too busy to help you when you walk up to the take out counter. My favorite entree is the chicken breast with mushrooms and choose on pasta...it is GREAT!...and the portions are really generous. You can eat "in" too...they have a nice dining room, but we've gotten in the habit of picking up our order for take out. It's always ready, everybody's pleasant, and it's reasonable too. BTW, you need to be a U of M sports team fan here...they're huge supporters. Location is simple...in So. Miami just north of So.Dixie on SW 67 Ave.

1  Thank Ray A
Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of eating dinner with my family at The Big Cheese by the university of Miami campus. Service was very attentive, food was very good and the price was right. Garlic rolls were a meal unto themselves. Salad dressing was clearly homemade and every one enjoyed their meals. Can't wait to return next time we're in the Gables.

1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed October 12, 2014

We have been going to Big Cheese for quite a while. The food here is always good. From the garlic rolls to the subs to the pasta. Real good stuff, but my favorite of all is the clam chowder. It is above this world. I have had a lot of clam chowder, but nothing compares to this one. The only problem is they only serve it Mon,Wed,and Fri. What a shame:(

Been to The Big Cheese? Share your experiences!