“Excellen neighborhood Mexican Joint!”

Don Burrito Restaurant
Ranked #823 of 4,861 Restaurants in Miami
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Burritos, Fajitas, Margaritas...Oh My, what more needs to be said; Salsa, Homemade Chips, Guac...Damn Good, just get your butt over their for some good eat an a fun time. Do it...

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I been to Mexico, and can tell you this is authentic Mexican cuisine! They go to all lengths to please you. I had bariatric sleeve surgery, and asked for a small portion of the Sopes with Carnitas (pork), and they adapted the dish for me. Since I eat only 4oz of food. They even lowered the price of the dish for me! Awesome restaurant, great food and ambiance. You want to see a soccer game, this is the place to go and enjoy their awesome corn tortilla chips and delicious sauce!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 17, 2017

An unusual weeknight dinner outing for our family took us to Don Burrito upon the recommendation of a friend.

Don Burrito is a small restaurant located in a stripmall. The place is nicely decorated and the staff immediately greeted us as we walked in. The food was delicious but several items can be improved. We were served a warm and delicious side of tortillas and salsa however the salsa lacked seasoning and the typical "kicked" expected of a Mexican restaurant. We ordered guacamole with additional delicious chips however the guacamole lacked season and a touch of lime but it was fresh.

The servers were generous with the servings of the tortilla chips and our server took our orders quickly, very little wait time. The food arrived almost immediately and all entrees were generous in size, very hot and they all looked very appetizing. I ordered the chicken flautas which were very delicious and nicely crisp and other in our group were very satisfied with their meals as well. We ordered a Mexican fried ice cream and it was very delicious. The icecream was very cold and the tortilla chip was hot and crispy, a very nice contrast of flavors and textures.

The portions are indeed very generous as we had been previously informed and the food is very fresh. The servers are very polite and friendly however, towards the end of the dinner they seemed to disappear and had to wait sometime before we received our bill. The speed of the servers could definitely improve but overall this is a very nice little place to eat fresh Mexican food and I will definitely return.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed September 3, 2016

What keeps me and my family coming here--for many years, is the predictably tasty, homemade authentic Mexican food. Start off with super freshly-made hot (corn) chips and yummy salsa, maybe some guacamole, too… Best chicken soup around; take some home for lunch the next day! Fajitas (chicken or beef) are to die for with the caramelized onions and green peppers. Ditto with the quesadillas. Everything we've ever ordered has turned out great, and I can't say that for too many restaurants, especially after many years of eating there. Even fussy kids in the family find something to eat.

We enjoy the cold rice and cinnamon drink, horchata; it's a little on the sweet side to me, but it is really refreshing. There are several Mexican sodas-love the mandarin orange, but I did not like the sangria-flavored soda; it tasted like paint thinner, for some reason.

It's a small, family-run business. Decor is sparse, and don't go if you're looking for upscale, fancy dining. However, this is REAL food, made fresh, and it's dependably excellent. The servings are quite large, too. I saw reviews that said the service wasn't good. Over 15 years of eating at this and their former location, I can say that the service is usually fine, and the family is attentive, and super friendly. It can get really busy, and service may run a little slow at that time, so if you're in a hurry, go when you can sit and enjoy your meal without worrying about that.

The owner, Alina, might be there when you show up; she's really nice, and she will most likely be working right alongside the rest of her team.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Its a small Restaurant but with very good and great service.
You start with the homemade chips and great salsa while you wait for your order. I looove to order their lemonade!
We go often because the food is very good and the prices are very reasonable.
Portions are big.
For dessert you need to try the Sopapillas!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Don Burrito Restaurant? Share your experiences!