“A truly unsavory experience.”

Garcia Seafood Grille
Ranked #129 of 4,305 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 October 2017

See all those one-star reviews? LISTEN TO THEM! I, too saw them, but chose to believe the 4 and 5-star reviews. I don't know when they were at Garcia's, but it was certainly not in the same universe as my experience tonight. I am not accustomed to writing these reviews, this is my first one, but I feel it necessary to record my impressions, both for you, the interested party, and for me, the traumatized party. First, the place is truly filthy. Should have been my first clue to flee. Then, the service is both incompetent and rude. okay, now the food. Unremarkable at best, heavy and greasy for the most part. Oh, and way way way overpriced. I know I risk losing credibility with my tirade, but this is therapy. Anyway. Stay away from this place.

1  Thank BolderTraveler

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Last weekend friends invited me to eat at this restaurant located on the Miami river due to the good reviews on line,located next to the fish market Casablanca next door they are easy to find.The entry takes you through a narrow corridor and entrance to the shop where they sell their fresh catch of the day.Saturday was bright and sunny and they suggested eating on the river terrace,a big mistake..............their umbrellas up shaded part of the patrons and overhead fans were useless.However we sat there sweating and went through an impressive list of seafood,howeverI will brief the menu as we ordered it.Seating is very cramped into a tiny area with no privacy at all almost elbows touching on simple wood tables and wood benches.So we ordered as follows,a dozen oysters,small ones presented on a platter of melting ice which had seeped into the oysters,no taste. Fried conch fritters over browned,literally overcooked,
Fresh fish roe deep fried also overcooked.Two glasses of Chardonnay luke warm and still more to come.Catch of the day came as head on complete fish apparently charred on the grill,lot of work and a lot of bones to sort out.I had a butterflied fish with crabmeat and cheese with a delicious sauce and have to say would be happy to taste it again,one of us had dessert which was key lime pie a total disappointment,one Cuban coffee which was excellent.Fine dining it is not and room for plenty of improvement however the patrons casually dressed kept on arriving in tiny boats and business looked brisk.The person next to me said she was a local and generously gave me a tostonnes a fried plantain which was delicious.The outcome if I returned I would study the menu more thoroughly and not be pushed into ordering the moment I sat down...............................

Reviewed 3 October 2017

It may not look great from the outside but once you are seated the food is undeniable fantastic .For starters we had the fried octopus which was grilled perfectly and the taste was very savory . The main course was Mahi Mahi with habanero sauce which was very tasty, which was accompanied by yellow rice and tostones . The waiter was very attentive and not to mention the scenery of sitting by the Miami River .

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We ate here last month. We were in town the night before our cruise. I was disappointed. I did not expect fancy- and it was not. I did expect really good seafood- and it was not. I had grilled jumbo shrimp. They were slightly under cooked. If I had sent them back, they would have come back over cooked. I just kept them. They were certainly edible- just not great. My husband had the grouper - again it was ok.
We chose this restaurant because we thought the seafood would be fabulous - it was just ok and the price was not warranted for 'just ok'

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Visit this place with my son for lunch. We orded fried calamari which we found too toasted, chowder seafood soup, very good flavor and was the best dish. We did not understand the name chowder , that means creamy and this was made with broth base. The main course was an acceptable grilled grouper but nothing out of this world. Pretty high prices for the quality of food. We paid $ 75 for the two including tip and two beers. Acceptable service.

Been to Garcia Seafood Grille? Share your experiences!