“Great lunch”

Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 4,560 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N.E. 1st Avenue & N.E. 2nd Avenue
Transit: Miami Dade Transit Bus Lines # 2, # 3,# 9, # 10, # 36, # 93, # 202, # 236. For detailed route information go to: http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/tm_for_web.pdf
Description: Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink is a showcase for the cuisine of Chef/Owner Michael Schwartz, with prices designed to encourage frequent dining. This unpretentious bistro seats 90 indoors and out, with another 14 seats at a handsome bar. Doubling as a casual neighborhood dining spot and a culinary destination, the bright, airy space in Miami’s evolving Design District showcases Schwartz’s trademark new American cuisine at prices designed to encourage frequent dining. Open daily for lunch and dinner, the menu is chock full of choices encouraging everything from a light bite to a multi-course feast. A quick glance at the menu and Michael's intentions for this restaurant are revealed. Notable is the frequency of the word homemade in the descriptions of dishes -- be it pasta, French fries or rabbit terrine. At the same time, Michael's takes advantage of the Chef’s decades-long relationships with winemakers to offer diners the opportunity to try a variety of wines at great value.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and very much enjoyed this restaurant. The service was efficient and friendly and food came out in a timely manner. The baked feta cheese was outstanding as was the liver crostini. We shared a very delicious turkey sandwich that came with French fries. Food is reasonably priced and delicious .

Alina T, Manager at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to your next visit.

Restaurant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I wanted to check out the Miami Design District on my Sunday before a work event last month, so I Lyfted there from my hotel on Brickell in about 15 minutes and decided to try Michael's because it's well located in the center of this area and it was listed in the new Lonely Planet guide. Dining solo in my experience really is a test for how welcoming a restaurant can be. On this point, Michael's did just fine. I asked about service at the bar, and the friendly hosted invited me to sit where I like. It was a really busy brunch time on a beautiful Sunday so the bar staff were hustling, but a team of really friendly guys (bilingual of course) working behind the bar greeted me promptly and took my beverage order. I then ordered a very tasty breakfast pizza and it went nicely with a glass of Sonoma County chardonnay. Service was quick and efficient but not rushed. The bar area looks back on a wall of windows and outdoor seating. It's all very casual and easy and inviting. Michael's is a great place to refuel after shopping or to protein up before visiting Tom (Ford), Louis (Vuitton) and Christian (Dior).

Thank you so very much for your detailed review, Michael. So happy, you had an awesome experience at the bar during a busy brunch service. We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Our friend adviced us this place. What can I say, we were waiting for our order more then half an hour, even drinks come too long.. appetizers was so bad, that we send it away.. they bring all together- porcions was too small and everything was ower cooked. Only salad was not bad. Not advice. Around there are a lot of better places.

Hello!
Thank you kindly for your feedback. We will like to discuss your experience at our restaurant further. Please email me directly at alina@michaelsgenuine.com at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Whenever I come to Michael’s they make me feel at home. Even on busy days when it’s a little hectic the food is great, and if anything is not as expected the servers make sure to pass on the message and a manager will come by. They appreciate the feedback and make things right if ever something goes wrong.

The servers are great, especially Lian and Danilo, and while I don’t know the names of all the runners, Christina stands out and is always attentive. The manager Roberto usually comes by to check on us at least once during our meal and makes sure our dining experience is always positive.

They change up their menu on a regular basis, so whether I want something comforting and known or I’m in the mood to try something new, I’m never bored. The food and the service is exceptional, so I keep coming back!

Alina T, Manager at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Hello Cristy,
Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We will make sure to share your review with all our staff. Hope to meet you in person soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

My last review on this restaurant was bad, all because of the service, funny enough the manager Alina replied to my review and asked me to e-mail her privately which I did and guess what............... no reply whatsoever, this was almost 3 weeks ago. Guys, no point in replying to bad reviews if then you don't follow up.

Since then, I went back again and asked not to have the terrible server we had the last time, Sebastian, and thankfully our server this time was great but, our reservation was at 7 pm, we arrived at 6.45 pm and they told us we could not seat, we have to have a drink at the bar which is normal if a restaurant is full but and waiting for people to get up but all the tables were empty, we asked why do we have to have a drink at the bar when nobody is here and the response was: because we don't want to overwhelm the kitchen.............. this is crazy, nobody was there, only a few tables outside but inside nobody sitting. If you don't want to overwhelm the kitchen or the servers, just talk to your customers and give them a choice, you can give them the menu and inform them that if they sit at the tables the waiter will not be able to attend them for 15 minutes or they can have a drink at the bar while they wait, let the customer choose what they want to do and not force them to have a drink at the bar with an empty restaurant.

This really doesn't make any sense, the manager, not Alina, another one, bought our drinks at the bar and we thank her for it but, I still felt I should write about this because this restaurant is not service minded, food is good but good food is not enough anymore nowadays with all the choices we have. So, this will come off my list of restaurants to go back to. Sorry

1  Thank PNaddia