“Brilliant Little Red Roof!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport

Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport
Ranked #76 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Sippy Downs, Australia
“Brilliant Little Red Roof!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Booked this place as our first two nights' stop in Miami in March 2012.

I can be brief: brilliant spot. Close to MIA and the Car Rental Centre, most of the rooms really nicely refurbished, flat screen television, free wi-fi, free continental breakfast (quite extensive as well), nice heated pool, and -if you like planes!- loads of planes coming straight over your head from Miami Airport. Don't worry, the rooms have double windows, you can barely hear the machines, unless you're on the 5th floor, where the roof lets in a bit of noise.....

Check in people nice, plenty of parking, yummie Irish-style restaurant next door, and the city not too far away.

We actually booked the place again when we came back to Miami after travelling to Key West. We were happy to stay there!

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the top floor (I think it's the 5th). There is a bit of airplane noise le...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SiMaKy
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
We would like to thank you very much for submitting a review on our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed our new rooms with Serta Comfort mattressed, complimentary continental breakfast and the fact that we had sound proofed windows. The double windows have really supressed the sounds that are typically associated with airports. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Paramaribo, Suriname
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very friendly service at the frontdesk and also from housekeeping.
the room was comfortable, TV channels appropriate , but if only luch and dinner would be served, it would be better, because there are no restaurants of supermarkets in the near area, at walking distance.
therefore people in transit for one day, who don't wish to rent a car or lack sufficient funds for taxi service, should make sure to carry some snacks and so forth.

the transport service from the airport v.v. is convenient, but there's also need for transport to the nearest shopping mall, for which a small fee can be paid.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank surcross
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you very much for submitting a review on our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel with new rooms, Serta Comfort suite mattresses. I am so sorry you missed the restaurants next door (Bennigans and the Barcelona Steakhouse), and the Shopping Mall Shuttle Bus to the popular Dolphin and International Malls. We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you will have time to enjoy the restaurants next door and shopping.
Medellin, Colombia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Really nothing overly negative of positive - did have a huge room - wood floors though - so sounds really travel- if you are a light sleeper - maybe not the best choice. Good location across from the airport. Typical cheap hotel problems - room key didn't work on an outside door, staff overwhelmed at checkin - but Pricelined the room so can't compalin too much.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thanks very much for submitting a review on our hotel. We do appreciate your comments and very delighted that you found our large new rooms with food floors accommodating. We decided to install wood flooring as it is environmentally accpetable plus it is cleaner and more santized. Again, thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Thanks to the Red Roof Inn staff we had an amazing time. They were very helpful in every way. The rooms were clean and freshly updated and looked fantastic. We will definitely stay here again for personal and business.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Junior F
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Recently chose this hotel for it's address on NW Lejeune - or on some websites S Lejeune...in any event the big map site searches showed this hotel to be 5 miles south of where it actually was - same as with my GPS. But this is not the case - had it been - I would have been a 3 minute walk to my family's home... I ended up instead having to pay cab fares twice daily for a 4 day trip to go the 5 miles to my destination - about 17 bucks each way without tip. We even did the google earth etc... and I was confident I had found a winner hotel south of the miracle mile ... Nope.

Okay it is directly across from the airport (hence the name) where the planes fly so low the earth trembles and you feel as if you could reach up and touch the jumbo jet. Talking on the phone on the nice patio near the pool area is crazy if one fly's over - so you wait till it passes and resume conversation.

The good news was the staff was delightful almost all the way around. Certainly the cleaning staff was upbeat and very kind. The desk staff were charming and truly bent over backward trying to help me coordinate activities for my family and I - as well as setting me straight on why the location blunder etc... You need to type in 42nd St. or Ave - whatever it is - the number rather than LeJeune will put you on the map at the right location.

The breakfast is sparse. I remember coffee - which is a must as there are no in-room options for coffee in the morning.... pre-packaged bagel or danish - and a bowl of apples... along with a loaf of bread for toasting. A juice machine also. Butter, cream cheese and maybe jam are available for topping the toast. It gets kinda crowded even - but I'd take my 3 styrofoam cups of coffee back to my room and try to begin my day with that alone. Oh and they even have a small little store open at random hours for bags of chips, magazines, beverages, candy and a few other little touristy items...

My room had two full beds and a desk and TV... a laminate wood floor for the most part except the area right around the beds was carpeted. It looked recently updated perhaps. I didn't care for the pillows - they felt really bouncy and thick - like latex pillows which weren't smushable - and if you laid down you neck was held up so high you are left staring at your toes rather than the ceiling. The sheets seemed new - but rough to the skin - not sure why that was - but I got used to it in the end.

My room was prepared spotlessly for the most part each day which is part of the joy of staying here - no surprises. I mostly noticed the planes while outdoors relaxing on a small patio - but rarely paid attention to them when in the room ... so that wasn't a big deal to me.

Right next door is a Bennigans restaurant which you can walk to so easily. I ate here twice - they of course have a bar so you can enjoy a glass of wine if you wish or a beer or cocktail. Nice to have them cook - I wouldn't recommend the Cuban sandwich - one of my favorites but it was a poor rendition - the chips however were housemade - a treat. The burger - was amazing.

I prepared a survey about my experience there - and the manager addressed my concerns about the location in an email - promptly and efficiently and apologetically - that is the sign of a class operation - very appreciated.

So for an ultra - 'not' fancy - hotel stay I was pleasantly surprised.... good service, clean, close to food, some coffee options at least and a bite of breakie if you like - not bad! Cabbie's were a trip though - I'd call for one = and another would say he was the one I called - he wasn't - then the first cab would call all p.o'd I'd gone with another - the driver of that one getting agitated about ??? him lying and my not likeing it? Anyway I did have one good cab ride and he restored my faith in cab drivers as a whole...

Room Tip: first floor rooms close to the breezeway/lobby made it a quick dash to the coffee area in the mornin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank slocochef
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
We would like to thank you for submitting a review on your experience at our hotel. First, let me apologize about the GPS issue, we are hoping that Google will have it fix soon. Most streets in Miami has 2 names, however Google only recognizes one. In our case it recognizes 42nd Avenue instead of Le Jeune Rd. We are delighted that you found our newly renovated rooms accommodating. We specifically chose the Serta Comfort Suite Mattresses to give our guests a better sleep experience. Our mulitlingual staff is truly committed to delighting our customers. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing on your next visit to Miami.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at Red Roof Inn for the weekend and had an amazing stay and delightful experience with Nora at the front desk. This was my 1st time to Miami and I wasn't really familiar with the area. Nora helped me get directions for all the destinations I needed to go. This business trip was a success. I'll deffinately be back to this convenient location by the airport and ENSURE my associates and partner stay at this property!!! Thank you Nora for all your time and help with a smile.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
We would like to thank you for submitting a review on our hotel. Good to hear that your trip was a success. We are delighted that you liked our newly renovated rooms with Serta Comfort Suite mattresses, new lobby and lounge. Nora will be delighted to hear your comments. We are glad that we could have impressed with our multilingual staff services. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.
Miami, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed in March and I must say I really enjoyed it. The room was very nice and clean and the welcoming was very warm. The attendants name was Nora Cruz and she really helped me out with everything, keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for submitting a review on your experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you found our newly renovated rooms accommodating. We specifically chose the Serta Comfort Suite Mattresses to give our guests a better sleep experience. Nora will be happy to hear that you appreciated the service extended. Our mulitlingual staff is truly committed to delighting our customers. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing on your next visit to Miami.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
6.0 km away
8.7 km away
New Yorker Boutique Hotel
1.9 km away
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport? Share your experiences!