“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Seville, Spain
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is really convenient for business travelers as well for vacationers! The location is unbeatable. The Bayside is a few minutes walk from the hotel and Miami Beach is not far away by car. The room is very spacious, comfortable and modern with nice views from the city. But ask first for the refurbished rooms. I was given a newly refurbished room, but a colleague was given and old one. He told me the room was nice, but no so modern like the one I had.
The bathroom is pretty big, and is provided with a separate glass shower and a bath-tub. In the vanity cabinet you will find the hairdryer and in the closet is stored the iron and ironing board.
The staff is really helpful and they try their best to make sure you're having a nice stay.
If you have the chance, don't miss the breakfast, the quality is good and you can find good fresh products, but if you don't get a good deal with breakfast included don't worry, there is a Starbucks located inside the hotel.
My only negative point to add, would be that the A/C in the lobby was set too high.
I truly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear ChatVoyageur,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful recommendation! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the recently renovated rooms with the spacious accommodations and the perk of our breakfast. If your travels ever bring you back to Miami, we hope you come back to the InterContinental Miami. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your future stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Guest relations and customer service at Hotel InterContinental Miami have been fantastic. I've travelled around the world and never had such thorough attention paid to ensure a great stay. Leo Perez, guest relations manager, went above and beyond expected calls of duty, even for a five-star hotel.

Part of this trip was a comp, after a terrible experience at a different Hotel Intercontinental altogether. Leo and the team at Hotel InterContinental Miami redeemed this hotel chain for me. The views, room, stay, amenities: cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Harbour view, upper level
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear EJ C,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. It is great to hear that your experience with us was fantastic! Our staff always goes above and beyond to fulfill guests’ needs and wants. I will make sure to let Leo and the rest of our staff know they contributed to your unforgettable stay. We look forward to having you back; please let us know if we can be of assistance in planning your future stay at the InterContinental Miami.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in 5 star hotels on 4 continents. Leo Perez made our stay just perfect- he upgraded us to a beautiful suite and made us feel totally at home in Miami, suggesting restaurants and encouraging us to take advantage of his lovely city.
We will definitely stay in Intercontinentals from now on.
THANK YOU LEO!

Room Tip: get a harbor bay view- it's worth it
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Emmalove443,

On behalf of the InterContinental Miami, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to know our staff made your stay a memorable one. We will make sure to let Leo and the rest of our staff know they contributed to your positive experience. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Miami as we look forward in having you back. Please let us know if I can personally assist you in planning your future stay at the InterContinental Miami.
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed in Intercontinental Miami for 7 nights in March 2012 and I couldn't have asked for worse in Miami, especially on a business trip. The hotel is dim, dull and depressing and destroys the colorful and vibrant Miami impressions that bring from outside. The customer services is pathetic - hadn't expected such from a five star hotel. I had to wait for 20 minutes at the reception to get a security guard walk me to the gym at 9:20pm; yes, the gym is closed 9pm and to use it after 9pm, one needs to sign a waiver form that the hotel is not responsible if the user is injured or dead. To add to that, I reached hotel 12:30 am in the night with a completely tired body and big suitcase in my hand and nobody from the entire hotel staff even offered a courtesy luggage help and I had to drag it along, all the way to my room.

I would strongly recommend anyone coming to Miami to stay at the similar good hotels in South Beach - they are vibrant, colorful and much more lively. I realized this when I made a trip to South Beach and I regret not staying there. This hotel is waste of money.

Room Tip: Please do not waste your trip by staying in this hotel - always stay in South beach hotels - they ar...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashmdy
Dear Ashmdy,

I am so sorry for the experience you had while staying with us and that it did not meet your expectations. Please know that all reviews are valued and listened too so that when corrective action is needed, it can be expedited. We already have addressed your comments with the staff.
We have recently renovated our rooms to meet with the colorful and vibrant impressions from Miami. We strive to ensure deficiencies in the guest rooms are nonexistent and we do try to quickly resolve them and empower our staff to do so. We are also working on facilitating the gym facilities to our guests without the need of a security guard to escort our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take it all seriously and continuously work to enhance our guests stay. We hope you give us a second opportunity to provide you with an amazing stay. Please contact me if your travels bring you back to Miami and I will be happy to personally assist in making your stay with us a perfect one.
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

A premier destination in downtown Miami. At the front desk Robert was so kind to us to upgrade to a beautiful water view. Ask for one if at possible. Great rooms althought Internet access was overpriced. Try the lobby bar for a nightcap.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JALeklem
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear JALeklem,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us. It is always great to hear our staff mentioned, I am happy Robert was able to accomodate an upgrade. The views from our rooms are second to none. We look forward to having you back with us soon, we have a new cocktail menu with herbs from our organic garden so you'll have to come back to try one!. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

At first seeming over priced, the excelent commodities of this hotel were very well worth it. Not only were the employees and staff members amiable and friendly but they were very helpful and eager to be at your service. To say the club lounge was fairly alright would be cutting it short, since it was the best service I had ever received. There I had the pleasure of being directed by one of the staff members named kathleen, and two fine gentlemen by the name of Elvin and Killi who helped me a great deal during my stay. This was back in my trip to miami back in February, needless to say I will definitely be booking there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes a pleasant stay with great service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jessica k
Dear Jessica,
Thank you for your review and for recognizing the excellent service our employees provided you with. I am also very happy to read you enjoyed the Club Lounge service and amenities; its a little extra comfort and luxury that makes a stay stand out. We look forward to having you back with us soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the InterContinental Miami.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 nights prior to a cruise out of Miami. The public areas of the hotel are fine ( but not great). The room I had was shabby and dated, the windows were dirty and for the price I paid I was very disapointed.Breakfast was ok but again very pricey.
The only thing this hotel has going for it is its location to Bayside and The Port.
There are much cheaper hotels nearby, book one of those !

Room Tip: A room with Port view would be nice (as long as they have cleaned the windows)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear TishTish1,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry the accommodations did not meet your expectations and for the condition of the windows. We are in the process of updating all of our rooms, so I do want to invite you back to stay with us so you can enjoy the new comfort and luxury our rooms offer. Our location is perfect for easy Port access and we do have spectacular views so please let me know if your travels have you coming through Miami once again and if I may be of any assistance.