“More than above-average Marriott”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“More than above-average Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I had been to Miami several times for a conference at a mediocre hotel near to this Marriott. This year, the conference was held here, and thank goodness. It's very nicely decorated in the public areas and rooms. Great eastern view of Biscayne Bay and a yacht harbor from my room. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby with room to spread out and work, if necessary.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife and I are here in Miami enjoying the Sony Ericsson. We usually stay in Coconut Grove when we come but since this trip was dedicated to the SEO we bought a package and chose this hotel.
The staff is first rate! Helpful, attentive and security conscious. We had lunch at Catch and had a wonderful server named Lacy - fantastic introduction to this hotel. The rooms are nice, ours had been recently updated - but small.
Being connected to the Doubletree and The Grand, there is a nice little shopping area separating the hotels that offers some fine shops, services and many restaurant choices.
My only real gripe about this Marriott property is that there is no wifi throughout the hotel - being known as a hotel that caters to business, I find this unacceptable. I wouldn't mind a daily charge, but I hate being tethered when I'm in the room!!!

Room Tip: If Internet access is important to you, choose another hotel. There's a $12.95 daily charge for...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I've been to this hotel three times now and each time has been great. The staff is great and the location to the port, South Beach and the Bayside area is great. Each morning our view of the bay was amazing. The restaurant was very good, but what you would expect. Nothing that overwhelmingly stood out. I think the greatest benefit for this hotel is the location, comfortable rooms and great views.

Room Tip: A bayview room is the way to go, but on one of my trips I had a poolside room which was nice, but do...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Troyp28
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Nice view from my balcony. Room is v clean and great sheets.
Breakfast was very average.
The coffee bar in the lobby is expensive & should be avoided, a small bottle of water cost $4 plus tax!!
Easy drive across the bridge to Miami Beach.

• Stayed March 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Near, everything, the arena, shopping, overlooking the bay, marina, pool was not great..but I would recommend, service good, rooms nice.

Room Tip: Ocean view....
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

What can I say about this Marriott. Nothing but exceptional comments. Lets start with the entrance of the hotel. When we got to the hotel my family and I were welcomed by the Valet staff. There was a young lady named Daymila that explained the options that we had for parking our car. Then when we chose to do valet she asked me for the last name on the reservation so the valet can be charged to the room. How awesome is that? She also gave me the ticket that will allow me to claim or call down for my car, which she wrote her name on. She also said that if we had any questions or concerns to feel free to ask for her. Daymila was so kind of getting our luggage and then told us to enjoy our stay and that the bell man would take care of us in the hotel. And that he certainly did. His name tag said Guy but introduced himself as Gee. He also welcomed us to the hotel. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and got my family and I checked in fast. It all felt as the whole staff was awaiting just OUR arrival. The rooms were great but it they were a little bit outdated. Other than that everything was outstanding. We ate the restaurant and the food was great. Not to mention the gorgeous VIEW!! The stay overall was awesome.

• Stayed March 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for a work conference. If I had selected this hotel by my own accord, I feel fairly certain I would have moved to other accommodations. When we arrived (at normal check-in time), our room was not ready. We decided to walk to get a bite to eat...except that there is very little in the way of selection within walking distance of this hotel. The hotel does connect to the Doubletree next door, via some shops and a restaurant or two, thankfully, but this "connection" area has a musty odor. As for the guest rooms, mine at least was extremely small. While there were a few different pillows to choose from, I found none of them to be satisfactory. Fortunately, the bed itself was mostly comfortable. In much of the conference areas, cell phone and Wi-Fi reception were virtually non-existant. For a traveling professional, this made things extremely difficult as we all know work does not stop just because you're away from your desk. I hate to be such a negative nelly, however, for my first stay at a Marriott property, I was quite disappointed. I would not return to this hotel if I were to visit Miami in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business