Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
InterContinental Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$225
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$103
US$154
US$138
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$132
US$118
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$118
US$140
  • Breakfast included
3,475 results
All reviewsbiscayne baysouth beachcatch restaurantsafety and securitythe concierge loungesmall mallsmall balconyfree trolleycruise portpre cruise stayself parkinghigh floormarjoriehardenofficergibsonships
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed at the BB-Marriott for 5 nights for a seminar, which was held next door at the DoubleTree Grand Hotel.

The hotel is of old structure, but recently renovated and gives an overall well maintained impression.

Location: Nice location only about 15 min. taxi ride ($ 20) to Miami Beach and 10 min. to the next shops, e.g. Marshalls, Ross,Best Buy, etc., directly at the water front (no beach). Latin quarters only about 5-10 min. taxi ride away with plenty of bars and restaurants

Rooms: spacious, well maintained, purposefully equipped, even a iPod docking station is integrated in the alarm clock next to the bedside.

Internet: Internet is provided wireless/free of charge in all public areas and wired in the guest rooms, however payable, which is slightly outdated, as nowadays, particularly in the US, one would expect wireless also in the rooms. Like this you have to drag your laptop, iPad, or similar down to the lobby and find a spot in the public areas, in the only restaurant the reception is limited.

TV: flat screen (of course....), however with very limited channels for entertainment. Mainly focusing on the US traveler, who is happy with local news and local entertainment channels. Hardly any international channels, not even a BBC..... - pour sign for an international hotel chain.

Restaurant: one restaurant provides you with breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner option. Saying so, the breakfast is for what it offers heavily overpriced and not up to par, particularly when referring to the service aspect. If you are keen on enjoying your breakfast in an organized environment with servers, knowing what they do, you should opt for a different location, possibly as close as just outside in the shopping areas of the DoubleTree, which is connect to the hotel. Coffee Shops are readily available for a fraction of the price with a certainly better service.

Leisure facilities: Pool is old and rather small, but ok. Areas does not look very inviting, as it was obviously not renovated when the hotel was done. Gym is equipped with LifeFitness equipment and sufficiently stocked in order to get a good workout. Some machines are missing for a complete workout, however nothing major, at least not for me......

Overall- depending on your rate, I would say, an OK hotel to stay for a shorter period of time, typically business travel. I would not necessarily recommend it for a week holiday, where I want to spend some time in the hotel to enjoy, too.

Overall biggest shortfall- service in the only restaurant- disgraceful!. Supervisor does not know what his job is and was seen being the fasted bus-boy, clearing table and cleaning the floor, whilst his team is unorganized waiting around. Plenty empty tables, which are not cleared and therefore not ready to accommodate waiting guest, were seen on daily basis during breakfast hours...... Prices do not justify the food quality and service!!!!

Overall biggest win- Front office, particularly concierge/luggage porters very helpful. Wireless internet free of charge in the lobby!

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferable with view to the bay...... :-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnA1970
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My stay at this hotel was horrible and for $423.75 Canadian, I got a small room with a tiny bathroom, a room that is worth well under $200 a night in most hotels. For that price, the breakfast was not even included.

I went on a cruise leaving Miami on February 18, 2012, and most hotels were booked in the Miami area. I had no choice but to book this hotel. I arrived at the hotel after 10:30 am and my room was not ready. After waiting for my room for 1.5 hours, they offered me a handicaped room on a lower floor (6th floor) and half an hour later, they still did not give me my room on the upper floor and provided me with a room on the 6th floor facing buildings. In the lobby, they had 4 staff members standing around and saying "Hi" to me 3 times in a row. It really got on my nerves as they were paid to stand around while I was waiting for my room. In the room, a ceiling device kept making a buzing sound every now and then and it kept waking me up all night long.

In short, I paid $423.75 for a malfunctioning room facing buildings on a lower floor instead of the room that had been reserved for me. I had to wait two hours for a room other than mine and when I complained to Encore Cruises, they told me that the hotel said that I had checked in between 8 am and 8:30 am. I was actually in an airplane over say New York State at that time. My plane landed in Miami around 10:10 am and I probably got to the hotel between 10:30 am and 11 am. Encore cruises wanted to offer me a $50 future travel voucher and I advised my travel agent that this voucher was worthless to me. That small room with a small bathroom was worth less than $200. I have stayed in many hotels across the world and I am appproaching 100 flights of travel. I know very well what a $423.75 room looks like and this was a cheap room. A $423.75 room would have been a nice size room facing the harbour on an upper floor with large windows and for that price, breakfast is often included.

I was taken for a ride by this hotel and had to wait 2 hours for a room, which was not the room that I had paid for.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. This is my worst hotel experience at the age of 46.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IcemanOttawa
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We are here for 3 days prior to a cruise. We wanted a good clean safe hotel in a decent Area , near to everything but not south beach .
This hotel is great .clean , good staff excellent beds and the breakfast buffet is to die for ! Really good spread and choices. It is a business hotel but also no one raises an eyebrow in those of us in our resort clothes , very good mix. We check out tomorrow to hit the cruise. If nothing changes with the service I have no hesitation in giving it 5 star review

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to see Colleges in Miami. We used points but had no idea it would cost that much to park or have internet in our room. We ordered food from an Italian Restaurant right outside the hotel to take to our room. It was recommended by a Marriott employee, we were told they brought in the chef from Italy. It was a huge disappointment and a waste of $55.00. The Biscayne Bay staff was very nice and friendly, parking valets were friendly, helpful & fast. The hotel is beautiful but way to expensive in my opinion to stay at. If you are rich and have money to burn then this is the place for you.
Best part of our stay here was meeting the lady that took care of the concierge room on the 26th floor her name started with an A like Altia, she was so sweet and helpful and she had such a caring attitude.
She was a gem!

Room Tip: We were on the 26th floor and had a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2012

A wonderful Hotel by Marriott, located right on Biscayne Bay, very comfortable room. Had a great view of Biscayne Bay and the cruise ships.Great location if you are leaving from the port of Miami on a cruise, for a before or after your cruise. Convenient location to the port and shopping area. Also visit the Catch Bar & Grill, (in the Hotel) great service and delicious food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks Biscayne Bay
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family