“The Grand Double Tree in Miami”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 31 October 2017

This Hotel and complex is simply the best for price/value in Miami.
The service is great, the staff friendly and the assortment of restaurants are great. Fabuluos Oriental, Italian and Seafood restaurant on property

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Raymond,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you had a wonderful time during your stay and enjoyed our property. We hope to have you visit us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stayed overnight prior to a cruise. Stayed in a partial bay-view King suite. Paid for the "cruise package" that included transportation to the port the next morning.

Front desk upon arrival was AMAZING! Very helpful, we had an early arrival and a room wasn't available but were able to store our luggage (securely) with the valet. Before we could even exit the lobby, received a text that room was available. Thank you, Mikhael! You were fantastic!!

Nice location - only a couple blocks walk to restaurants, Publix grocery was only 1 block, not much shopping but you could easily get to the Bay Side Mall area if you wanted. Public park right across the way full of families and dogs! Nice area to walk!

Overall hotel is nice - pool area was beautiful. And although our room showed it's age a little, it was very clean and that's most important to me. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was usual sized. However, no tub only a shower, which sort of surprised me.

Primo's was an excellent choice for dinner Sunday evening and breakfast Monday morning! Service was great, food was wonderful! And you can't beat the location - right in lobby of property.

Everything was great until bedtime. We were exhausted so after dinner so decided to hit the hay early. Almost asleep and an extremely loud "engine" like sound came from the closet. Startled both of us awake. Opened closet and found a small pump like thing that had made the noise. Called front desk - was apologized to and told they'd send maintenance up to check out. Ok - no problem, I'm exhausted, in my jammies, in bed but, okay, we needed to know what had caused the sound.

Maintenance came up almost immediately. Said, "Oh, that's the pump for the air conditioner drain." "You'll need to turn the air conditioner off to stop that from running." The maintenance guy then walks over, turns the unit off and leaves.

I'm sorry - turn it off? I'm in Miami, it's humid, it's hot. I'm in a hotel room that I'm paying for and the solution is to turn the air conditioner off????

I turned the air conditioner back on and called front desk to let them know we didn't think that was an acceptable solution. Spoke with Janessa - she apologized and said I could move you - we really didn't want to pack things up at 11 pm and move to another room. She then said I'll make sure your Honors account is credited an additional 10,000 points for the problem. We thanked her and went to sleep - pump came on again early in the morning. Needless to say, not the most restful evening I've ever had.

Spoke with Deidre at the front desk the following morning. Explained what had happened and she said she'd follow up and make sure that the points were posted and she would personally follow up with me via email.

We are home - it's now 11 days later and still no follow up and no points posted. I am attempting to reach DoubleTree on Facebook and hope to resolve this issue. It's was a disappointing ending to what started out as a great stay. I will try to follow up once I've heard back from Doubletree. Giving the service a poor rating based on no response as promised.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Jen,
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am very sorry you had an issue with the air conditioning in your room, which I have noted again with engineering. I am glad our staff was helpful and kind however I do apologize with the mix up on honor points. Our front desk supervisor was out of town for training and not aware of the situation until recently. Would you be so kind to send an email to miabs_ds@Hilton.com with the name on the reservation, dates of stay and brief description so we can look into it further.
Many thanks and once again I do apologize for the inconvenience during you stay. If you ever return to the area, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I was hesitant about this hotel due to the cost...$249 for just one night is a bit much... But, it is Miami and with the location you're paying for the view. The beds and pillows were like a slice of heaven. Lol. I slept so good! The bathroom was beautiful and the marble floors really set the entire room off. Everyone was super nice.

Room Tip: Suggest a Bay view...You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback on DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and amazing views. We hope you will stay with us again next time you return to Miami. Hope you had a wonderful cruise.
Thanks again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The hotel was very average. I was told I could pay for a room for my son and a friend as ling as he had my credit card. They did not honor this at check in. In addition, the front desk manager was rude and hung up on me several times. She could not be bothered.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Nancy,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I do apologize for the frustration during your sons check in time , as well as your issue with the front desk manager. The supervisor has been notified and is taking care of the situation. We appreciate your comments, and once again I do apologize.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding block. Not only did we upgrade our room to a Jr. Suite, but we extended our stay and made a vacation out of it. The rooms were lovely, but the service was subpar. We dealt with unnecessary attitudes and the staff in general acted as if they did not want to be bothered. WE couldn't get our room serviced in the later afternoon so we asked one of the days if they could just pickup our room service trays and li'l' bit of trash if we leave them outside of the room. They said that they could definitely send someone up to collect the items, but the trays and trash stayed outside of our room until the next day. The follow through in general was horrible throughout the stay. Some other nuisances included a running toilet and loud construction during the entire stay. Again, the rooms, the hotel and the food were awesome. Especially the food at the wedding reception, it was delicious. Its just too bad that the poor service at this hotel overshadows everything else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel with our newly renovated rooms and enjoyed the wedding reception. However, I do apologize for the inconvenience with our staff. I have gone ahead to each supervisor in the appropriate department and let them know. We appreciate your comments as it helps us improve our guest experiences. Once again I am extremely sorry you had to deal with unnecessary attitudes. If you ever return to the area, we hope you will stay with us again and give us a chance to show improvements. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Room was not ready on time even though it was my wedding day, my bridesmaids also did not have their rooms ready and did not receive a cookie. Had to speak to the front desk several times and they kept saying 15 more minutes. It was 4 hours of 15 more minutes.

1  Thank karinarR8982UO

Karina,
Thank your for your feedback on your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience during check in. I have informed the appropriate supervisor and made note of the situation. Again, I do apologize. Congratulations on your Wedding Day!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Reserved a three bedroom condo for family wedding. Disappointed in quality. Furniture old, cheap and falling apart. Reserved 1k, 2q. Configuration not even available in hotel. Not greeted as Diamond member.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Cindy Lou,
I do apologize that you were not greeted as a Diamond member upon your arrival, which I have already brought to the attention of our front desk supervisor and all of our front desk staff. We are also very sorry to hear you were not happy with one of our condos, however we are in the process of updating them. We appreciate your feedback and comments and take them in to consideration as we work hard to improve our guest experience. If you ever return to our area, we hope you will stay with us again to see some of our updates. Thank you again.