“Watch the bill”

Ranked #46 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Powder Springs
“Watch the bill”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We booked this hotel before our cruise to Barcelona, won't stay there again! Not because it was dirty, location didn't matter to us, only one night. But, when we checked out, we had our bill tucked under the door, upon leaving we stopped by the restaurant and ate breakfast, had it put on the room...My mistake I did not go by and get an updated bill, they charged us $47.00 for breakfast! I called the hotel several times, bookkeeping will not call me back. I have had to put the charge in "suspense" with my credit card...hotels.com is part of expedia, we have had problems with them before. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Room Tip: Watch their charge, very close!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank groover_12_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2012

While I would normally prefer to be on the ocean if in the Miami area, I needed to host a meeting near the airport so went with this hotel for the sake of convenience. What a wonderful surprise!

The conference room was perfect--well furnished with a great view. The conference room services are pricey--I could have driven to Officemax and bought a whiteboard for less than the price of a 4-hour rental--but it's all clearly laid out in the contract and unfortunately that's the norm with most conference room rentals.

The price of a suite was amazingly low, only a few dollars more than a regular room and still half the price of a typical hotel in the heart of Miami. In light of that, I didn't expect much--but the suite was an actual suite (not just a couch/fridge/minibar thrown into a room). Totally separate and very large, comfortable bedroom, as well as a surprisingly big living room, all with outstanding furnishings throughout. The grounds at the hotel were beautiful, a lovely lagoon and great pool area.

If being near the Miami airport suits your needs, the Airport Hilton is probably your best bet!

Room Tip: Opt for a one-bedroom suite--VERY minimal cost difference (less than ten dollars in my case), and we...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I spent two brief overnight stays at the Hilton Miami Airport Hotel on my way to Palm Beach after an overseas flight from London to Miami and on the way back to London. My impressions are therefore fleeting although positive. I made an advance booking online for a single room and the price was very advantageous compared to last minute bookings.
On arrival I waited on the departure level for the shuttle that luckily arrived in seconds. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport, so the ride is fortunately a short one for jetlagged passengers, who just think about having a good night sleep to move on the following day.
My room was on an upper floor with a beautiful view overlooking the lagoon and the Dolphin Expressway. Although very close to the airport, the airplane noise is hardly perceptible. As a person very sensitive to noise this did not disturb my sleep. The reviews I read hardly mentioned any noise; otherwise I would not have chosen this hotel.
My two bed room was spacious and tastefully decorated with pastel colors and so was the bathroom. Aside from being very well maintained, the rooms are soundproof and offer all the amenities one might need for a short and comfortable stay (a huge and well illuminated work desk, an ergonomic chair, a flat TV, a coffeemaker, etc.). On the downside I do subscribe to the opinion of other reviewers that mentioned that the windows are in need of washing.
For the WiFi connection I was given a promotional code on checking in, so internet access was free.
The following day I took the shuttle once again to pick up a rental at the airport.
On my way back to London I stayed again at this hotel and had the opportunity to see by daylight how beautifully the grounds are maintained. I had hoped to spend a relaxing afternoon at the pool before I left, but it rained all the time.
In short, a very nice place for a quick stopover.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I spent one night at the Hilton Miami Airport, and on the whole, came away quite impressed.

The most striking aspect of the hotel is the beautiful grounds. The hotel is on a lagoon, and has a walkway on a small peninsula set out in the lagoon. In addition, there is a half mile jogging / walking trail around the western (front) and side perimeters of the property. There is plenty of flora all around the jogging path and walkway to the gazebo. In addition, I saw three lizards (or iguanas - not sure which - I'm not a Miami native) while walking the jogging path in early afternoon. There are plenty of photo opportunities along the way. Marlins Park and the central Miami skyline are clearly visible to the east, and there are also photo ops of airport activity (across the Dolphin Expressway) and of the lagoon itself.

I stayed in room 939, which is a room with two double beds. Aside from the fact that there was not too much room between the walls and one side of each bed, the room was plenty spacious, and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. Four potential negatives: 1) rooms ending in 39 are right next to the elevator bank, and one can hear elevator noise. It is not sleep interrupting, but it is noticeable. 2) the windows are in dire need of washing. 3) the hotel has found a new revenue source. The internet connection fee of $10.95 per day is PER DEVICE. So, smartphone and tablet are two devices. 4) I had my room temp set at 73 degrees and it was pleasant / slightly cool in the room. The hallway however was frigid. The one excellent aspect of the 9th floor east facing room (which 939 is) is the excellent views of the Miami skyline, including the new Marlins Park (baseball stadium).

I had two meals in the Coral Cafe. The service was good both times, although at breakfast, they sat me at a table for two where the other side had obviously been used and not yet cleaned. I found that mildly offputting. The lunch Caesar Salad "Fingers" - never could figure out what the "Fingers" referred to - had a bit too much dressing but was otherwise fine. For breakfast, I ordered a bowl of All Bran, which was on the menu, but which they did not stock. I ended up having Raisin Bran. However, the bowl, which cost $6, was tiny. I was not charged for milk or juice, so I guess it evened out.

I took the shuttle to and from the airport and found it as advertised on the hotel's website.

I arrived at 11:00 am on the day of my stay, and was happy to find my room available. That's worth one point on the rating above right there. That aspect alone caused me to bump what would have been a "four" rating to a "five" rating.

On the whole, I was very impressed with the facility and would definitely stay at the hotel again if the situation arises.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing east - good lagoon and skyline views.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jbtexas
Hilton M, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear “ jbtexas”:
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We know you have a variety of hotels to choose from, we are honored that you have selected Hilton Miami Airport. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and were able to walk around the property and enjoy the views from the hotel. Indeed our Complimentary Airport Shuttle runs from 5am – 1am daily and goes through the airport approximately every 20 minutes. Again, we appreciate your feedback regarding the room and the restaurant. We will be sure to report your observations to the appropriate management. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Very well-maintained property, immaculate and well-decorated bath, good food in the dining room. It rained most the time we were there (overnight) so we weren't able to use the swimming pool but we did walk out to the gazebo which had a lot of photo opportunities. I also liked that it was a gated property at the end of a penninsula so it was secluded. Wonderful view from our room.

Room Tip: East or south ends face the lagoon and I think the north face the airport so I'd opt for the for...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear “Fynn123”
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were content with your accommodations. Although it rained during your stay, we are glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor gazebo and the views from the hotel. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future! Weather permitting you will be able to take a swim in the pool next time!
Miami
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I was apart of the Catholic Hospice Luncheon this weekend and was very impressed with the service and food. Bertha did a great job with assisting the team prior to the Luncheon. The Banquet Staff did a great job at making sure the seated lunch went without a hitch. The food was very tasty and the presentation was excellent. The special touch of the chivary chairs gave the room a whole new look. Great Job!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear “miahh11”:
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are so very pleased to hear you enjoyed your meeting here and were content with our food presentation and taste. You and the rest of your group from Catholic Hospice are in good hands with our Catering Coordinator, Bertha Guilarte. We assure that our professional and friendly staff is committed to ensuring that all of our guests stay and/or meetings are both enjoyable and comfortable. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Newmarket, On
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed 1 night, April 26th, prior to cruising to Bahamas. Overall, room was clean, quiet, pool side bar ran limited hours, and inside bar service very slow as a result of the bartender having to go to the back kitchen for just about any drink ordered for some reason. Very picturesque location, and once inside your room you can not hear departing/arriving flights.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple