1,251 results
All reviews courtyard marriott whole foods street noise nice hotel cruise port within walking distance starbucks coffee bayside marketplace miami downtown bayfront park convention center south beach convenient location people mover pre cruise stayed here for one night continental breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

I found this to be a fantastic transitional hotel. If you are going on a cruise or a flight or moving hotels.

I think it has definitely been renovated recently. Had to be. My room looked like brand new carpet. Modern furniture. Clean...Clean...Clean

Check in was a breeze. Manager is over the top gracious.

Bed is super comfy. Pillows are a bit too high.

On sight great bistro that servers food and also a bar for drinks in the evening.

I was so surprised how lovely my stay was.

However I turned in points for this stay. Not sure how much I would pay. Not over $200 but Miami is expensive.

I was so happy here!

Management needs the cudos

Trip type: Travelled solo
Mariana S, Director of Operations at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Your satisfaction is our goal. Thank you!

Reviewed February 15, 2017

My GPS consistently wen to front of the hotel as the address would indicate. The entrance is on the side street. If one is not careful you end up back on I-95 North. $30 to self park or $35 for valet. The room was clean however street noise was constant even on the upper floors.
Sirens from emergency vehicles and horns blowing all through the night. This was part of business trip to 4 Marriott locations in Florida. This was the only one who did not offer a bottle of water at check in or provide an invoice under the door at check out. The restaurant was fine but nothing special. I would not return.

Room tip: Choose another hotel if you dislike street noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PeteK501
Mariana S, Director of Operations at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Relatively nice room setting. Noisy naughbourhood with traffic and horns. Great having Starbucks inside for food serving. Strange breakfast concept. Very small gym. Mini fridge empty and no complimentary water.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Mariana S, Director of Operations at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

Florida during peak season will have hotels of all stars exponentially raise its nightly rate, and this one was no exception, however, wanting to be assured of cleanliness I chose this one.

Pluses: the location was very close to the peoplemover to take me over the downtown, to a few major stores, drugstores, and a Whole Foods. The room was clean, lots of towels, good internet service and comfortable beds.

Other observations: The coffee area in the lobby was not open during the day and though a sign stated that guests could go to reception to inquire, it was easier to just head out for one. The room looked renovated but a couple of things made me think that it was a rushed renovation: 1- the bottom of the bathroom door was peeling and part of it missing and 2- the couch in the back was jammed in by the window so in order to close the curtains I had to step up on it to pull them over.

Those items were minor and my room location, though next the elevator was not noisy. During the day that I was there I did get a whiff of second-hand smoke and I snooped around to see that perhaps it was coming from the parking lot. On my floor, the room side faced the street then opposite of that was parking level five, just past the elevators. With the way air flows, if someone was smoking out there, the wind could easily take this on a straight path to my room.

The customer service agents were very friendly during check-in and check-out. I also did a glass of wine down at the bar and there was a Happy Hour from 5pm to 8pm which was very nice.

It was a nice stay.

Room tip: 510 not good for non-smokers
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mariana S, Director of Operations at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate your feedback. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

We were here for two nights before our cruise. The hotel was conveniently located downtown in the center of all of the activity. We had to ask for coffee and towels (no big deal), but they were brought to the room immediately. We had a suite on the side of the hotel where the overhead transportation system ran, which was not ideal. The room ran to $640 for the two nights, so it is pricey, consistent with a downtown hotel.

Room tip: try to avoid the bus/rail side
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mariana S, Director of Operations at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us! We appreciate you feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.