Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
C$275
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
C$275
jop694
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom

Good central location to sightsee!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 4, 2023
I was a solo female traveller from the UK. I chose this hotel for the central location.

It took about 20 minutes from the airport approx $37.

The hotel is located in the business area of downtown Miami. No special views just tall buildings. I booked a large king size room with city views. I was allocated a room with a balcony. Which was nice in the evening with the lights of the city. This was on the high floor, but you could still hear traffic noise. I was expecting this. I stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of September prior to a cruise.
The room was plenty big enough for up to 4 people. It was a bit tired looking, but overall very good. Tv, coffee machine, mini fridge, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. Good bathroom and shower. Air con was a floor unit and was noisy. But after a long day sightseeing I was so tired so slept without the noise being a distraction.

There are a few local shops for food and snacks. 2 local shopping centres including Bayside which is about a 15 minute walk.
I ate 1 dinner and 1 breakfast at the hotel. The burger was ok and normal for hotel food. Breakfast was again ok, though expensive for toast and coffee. Both times when ordering I was ignored for a while by the bar staff!!! Please do not ignore foreign solo females!!! We still deserve to be served.
The only other 2 negatives for the restaurant area was the tables were not cleared very quickly and you couldn't get buy coffee throughout the day, only certain times.

The reception staff were amazing and very helpful. Only negative was they had no tourist maps to help get around. As an international traveller my mobile network did not allow Google maps, to enable me to get around. So I did need a paper map. On check in the receptionist wasn't helpful. But when I asked for directions on my way out to explore, another receptionist printed off a map for me. So super helpful.... Not sure why the other staff member couldn't have been as helpful!!??

This hotel and area felt very safe as a solo female traveller. However I definitely would not have ventured out on my own after dark... Common sense! I felt safe walking to Bayside and using the free metro to get around. It is in a good central area and was reasonably priced.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Pool not open at the moment. Being renovated.
Trip type: Travelled solo
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Nov 7, 2023
Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback about your stay with us. We're delighted to hear about your positive experiences and appreciate your valuable insights.

We're pleased that you found our central location convenient for your sightseeing in downtown Miami. Your descriptions of the room, its amenities, and the view from the balcony are helpful for future travelers. We also appreciate your understanding regarding some of the room conditions.

We take your feedback about the service in the hotel's dining areas seriously, and we apologize for any lapses in attentiveness. Your comment about not being ignored is a valid point, and we will use this feedback to enhance our service to all guests.

It's great to know that you found our reception staff to be amazing and helpful, although we apologize for the initial lack of tourist maps. Your feedback is valuable, and we will work to ensure all our staff provide consistent assistance to our guests.

We're pleased to hear that you felt safe in the area, and we appreciate your common-sense advice for traveling after dark. Your safety and comfort are our top priorities.

We hope you had a fantastic cruise and, should you choose to return to the area, we would love to welcome you back for another stay.

Warm regards,
0.5 km from Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area
C$190
10.3 km from Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area
Free parking
Gorgeous resort style airport hotel
C$176
29.4 km from Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area
Free parking
View more hotels in Miami
1,428 results
All reviews whole foods courtyard marriott starbucks coffee within walking distance bayside marketplace nice hotel parking garage cruise port south beach pre cruise stay people mover convenient location lobby shuttle cvs brickell ship
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2023

A hotel with an excellent location with a spacious and comfortable room, close to some main attractions in the city. I had the opportunity to have breakfast at their restaurant with quality and fair prices. I would definitely stay again

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ANDREY DE RISIO, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2023

Dear N7688VVpedror,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel in Downtown Miami. We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent experience and that our location, spacious and comfortable rooms, and proximity to key city attractions met your expectations.

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed your breakfast at our restaurant and found both the quality and pricing to your satisfaction. We aim to provide our guests with a memorable and comfortable stay, and your kind words are a testament to our efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the future. Your support and recommendation mean a lot to us, and we can't wait to host you again on your next visit to the Sunshine State.

Warm regards,

Andrey D

Reviewed August 25, 2023

This hotel exceeded our expectations. Suite was amazing, staff excellent and location fantastic. We had a supermarket and chemist on the next corner, walked to bay shore and the monorail was on our block. We even were able to book a hotel shuttle to our cruise. As a first time visitor to downtown Miami it was all round a great experience. Highly recommended

Room tip: Top notch stay
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusanP455
ANDREY DE RISIO, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2023

Dear SusanP455,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel! We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you had such a fantastic stay in downtown Miami.

It's fantastic to know that you found our suites to be amazing, our staff to be excellent, and our location to be fantastic. We're delighted that our proximity to essential amenities like the supermarket and chemist, as well as convenient transportation options like the monorail, added to your overall positive experience. It's great to hear that you were able to book a hotel shuttle for your cruise, making your trip even smoother.

Your high recommendation means a lot to us. We're delighted to have been a part of your first-time visit to downtown Miami and that you had an all-around great experience. If you ever find yourself in the area again, we'd be absolutely thrilled to welcome you back. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed August 20, 2023 via mobile

Very good experience. Main attractions and facilities not far from the hotel, clean room. good service. I would extend the opening time of the Starbucks bar ( I found it closed at 11.00 on Sunday morning). One piece of advice to the lady at the reception: if a foreign customer, like me, says that he has not understood, please repeat speaking slower, not at the same “super-fast” velocity used the first time. Otherwise, it is useless 😉

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
ANDREY DE RISIO, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2023

Dear Io_amo_la_Brianza,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us. It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found our hotel's location convenient for accessing main attractions and facilities. We are pleased that you found your room to be clean and that our service met your expectations.

Your feedback about the Starbucks bar's opening time is noted, and we will definitely consider extending it on Sundays to better accommodate our guests' needs.

We also want to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding communication at the reception. Your advice is well-received, and we understand the importance of clear and understandable communication, especially for our foreign guests. We will work to ensure that our staff adapts their pace of speech to ensure all our guests feel comfortable and well-informed.

Your insights are invaluable to us as we strive to enhance our guest experience continuously. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with another wonderful stay.

Thank you again for choosing us and for sharing your thoughts on your experience.

Best regards,

Andrey D

Reviewed August 9, 2023

Very good room! No problem to sleep. Early check in/late check out without any hassle. About homeless people at the streets, it's far less than I expected (and, obviously, not a problem for the hotel to solve). There was a deposit, but it seems to be already refunded. Pool still closed, but I wouldn't use it, anyway. I could stay again, for sure.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
ANDREY DE RISIO, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown / Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2023

Dear 69jojoj,

I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel! It's great to know that you found the room comfortable and had a good night's sleep. Our team always aims to provide a hassle-free experience, and I'm pleased to hear that the early check-in and late check-out arrangements worked well for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the pool closure; we prioritize the safety and well-being of our guests, and we'll certainly take your feedback into account as we work to improve our facilities.

Thank you for considering staying with us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back and providing another comfortable and enjoyable experience. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please don't hesitate to share.

Reviewed August 8, 2023

We booked a suite the night before our cruise out of Miami. After flight delays, we were kindly welcomed by staff, given bottles of water. We got in near midnight and were due to shuttle to the cruise port at 1pm the next day. The staff offered a late check out, which was so unexpected and desperately needed. The room was so comfortable, I wish we could have enjoyed it more. I only took a picture of the small balcony. The shuttle to the cruise port was convenient and got us there right on time! All of the staff were very kind. The hotel was clean, bed was comfy! The toiletries in the shower were a nice touch. The delicious Breakfast in the Bistro topped off our wonderful visit. Highly recommend this location. I only wish I recalled the names of the helpful staff to give them kudos!

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ash1983s,

Thank you for sharing your excellent but brief experience at our hotel! I'm thrilled to hear that despite flight delays, you had a positive stay before your cruise out of Miami.

It's wonderful to know that our staff provided a warm welcome and even offered you a late check-out option, which came in handy after your late-night arrival. We understand how important a little extra rest can be, especially when you have a busy day ahead.

I'm glad you found the room comfortable, even though your stay was short. It's always nice to have a cozy space to relax in, and I'm glad you were able to capture a memory of the small balcony.

It's fantastic that our shuttle service to the cruise port was convenient and timely, ensuring a smooth transition for your journey. It's heartening to hear that our staff members were kind and left a positive impression on you.

Maintaining a clean environment and offering comfortable amenities are top priorities for us, and I'm pleased that you enjoyed both the cleanliness of the hotel and the comfort of the bed. The toiletries and the delicious breakfast at the Bistro were meant to enhance your experience, and I'm glad they added to your stay.

Thank you for considering us highly recommendable. If you ever find yourself in the area again, we would be more than happy to welcome you back for another wonderful visit. While you may not recall the names, rest assured that your appreciation for the helpful staff is greatly valued. Should you have any further feedback or questions, feel free to reach out.