“I'll tell the truth”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“I'll tell the truth”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Upon arriving to this hotel, I was a bit skeptical. But after I entered my room, I was at ease. The hotel was clean and quiet. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, safe, and even a whirlpool. The hotel was conveniently located near Florida International University, where I was meeting a client and some students. I slept comfortably and the breakfast was okay. The staff was courteous but not as concerned or empathetic as I would have liked. (I'll explain) I woke up the next morning searching for my phone. I figured it had fallen through the crack of the mattress and the headboard. I reached down to discover all types of hidden treasures (not really). First I pulled up an old remote, which lead me to believe that they do not normally check the head of the beds because the room had a new remote. Next, I touched something that felt like satin. I immediately pulled the bed back and to my disgust I found a pair of panties (I would upload a picture but I don't want to offend anyone. I have one available by request.) How gross was that? I informed the hotel staff and they didn't seem the least bit alarmed or concerned. One of the receptionist even made an excuse saying the the cleaning person probably couldn't move the bed. I informed her that I, a very petite lady who barely weighs 120 lbs, had no trouble moving it so I don't see anyone else having a problem. She offered to send someone to clean the room, but I informed her I was checking out in a couple of hours so it was unnecessary. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I kept thinking: 1) the room should've been thoroughly examined upon my arrival and 2) what if the person wearing those underwear last was infected by something. What offended me most is I have yet to receive a formal apology. I liked the hotel up until that point. Hopefully, your experience much more pleasant.

Room Tip: Inspect your room. Especially between the mattress and headboard.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ToolsMiami, Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Hello Ms. B S,
First, please allow me to apologize for what happened during your stay with us, I assure you steps have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again, to you or anyone else.
Please know that a letter of apology was sent to the address on record (GA) on 02/10/2012.
We are grateful that you stayed with us and hope that on your next trip to Miami you will give us an opportunity to host you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The hotel staff are courteous and accommodating. The hotel is very clean, quiet, and quite lovely. Our room was extremely comfortable with very nice beds. I will definitely choose this hotel next time we're in that section of Miami!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed there pre-cruise for 2 nights with my wife and 2 kids. We arrived in an arly flight and they allowed us an early check and breakfat at 8am. Location is very convenient, hotel staff is great, very attentive and helpful. The hotel is clean and well taken care of, breakfast is ok. I've been in several Choice Hotels but this one is by far the best... Will definitely stay there in our next trip to Miami.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank luiskv
ToolsMiami, Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Luisky:
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words.
We hope to see you again soon.
Cape Breton Island, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Coupon said $89 but manager wanted $145. Stated it is up to them. I did exactly as the ad said but he would not budge. Then the room safe did not work and the pool was closed. Not a great area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy M
ToolsMiami, Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Ms. Nancy M,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review of our property.
Please know that we (Comfort Suites Miami-Kendall) do not participate in the Room Saver program, the coupon you have is for the Comfort Suites Miami Springs (Miami Airport). Our pool hours are 6am until 11pm, our apologies for the safe, we have replaced the battery, also we are
Sorry about the confusion, again, Thank you very much for staying with us.
new york
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Clean large rooms, comfortable bed, laundry facilities (on two floors), pool, gym, breakfast (including eggs and fruit), refrigerator, safe... great price. We were concerned about the location and that's the only downside. BUT as you really need to rent a car in Miami, everything is easily accessible including South Beach, the Everglades - the Turnpike, the airport, etc. Next to the hotel (walking) you'll find a Publix supermarket, a CVS drugstore, a liquor store, etc. etc. The neighborhood is Spanish speaking and that has an upside: Sergios - a really decent Cuban restaurant - the real thing!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melker22
Dear Melker22:
Thank You!.....Also thank you for mentioning the restaurants on Bird Road, there are so many good ones, great variety of foods from all over Latin America. Hope to see you again soon!
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I decided to stay at the Comfort Suites after reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor and I'm very glad I made ​​that decision. The hotel is really good. There is free parking, a gas station opposite the hotel, several dining options and a supermarket nearby, and the region seemed to be very quiet. There are electronic safes in the rooms. The breakfast is not amazing but it's enough for those who are just looking for a good morning snack. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and clean. I have no complaints.
The only "problem" is that the hotel is relatively far from Miami Beach. So those who are looking for fun in that region may be disappointed with the distance.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Th3Tr4V311r:
We truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us, our entire staff thanks you and looks forward to serving you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights for a business trip. The property is conveniently located in a shopping center with a Publix and many restaurants within walking distance. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and recommended a few different restaurants nearby, all of which were spot-on. The rooms are a little dated - nothing horrible, but the upholstery and carpet could use a good cleaning in some spots. The free wi-fi is a big plus. Overall, it fit my needs and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
8.7 km away
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
4.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
9.0 km away
Cambria hotel & suites Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon
10.5 km away
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
10.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
6.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Dolphin Mall

Been to Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall? Share your experiences!