My girl friend and I stayed here at the exact same time of the year last year. The service was so amazing then, it compelled me to join Tripadvisor to write about it. This year we returned with her boyfriend and my husband. This go round, The King & Grove Tides fell victim to the original Tides impeccable service. Everything was nice. We received an upgrade for being returning guests. We were granted a late check out and everyone was nice. The personal attention we were spoiled with before was absent however. That is fine but that is what we fell in love with before. Otherwise, its just another nice place to stay. My only real issue was with the pool service. We were out at the pool for a while before anyone took our order. We actually had to call and ask if someone was available. Then we asked for towels. An hour later, we asked for towels. 2 hours later we asked for towels. Finally, after much time had gone by, we were notified that there was a problem with the linen delivery and the towels had just arrived. When we were finished eating we had to wait forever for the bill.
In short, there is an obvious change in the service although it is still very good. This is why it gets 4 stars instead of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tides South Beach is an iconic hotel located on Ocean Drive, just steps from the crystal water of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami’s most exciting dining and nightlife locations. Originally built in 1936, the hotel’s architecture is rich with Art Deco influences, creating a nostalgic environment for The Tides’ unique brand of modern luxury. The Tides features forty-four stylish luxury suites all offering expansive ocean views. Spacious hotel accommodations range from Oceanfront Studio Suites of 550 square feet to the 2,600 square foot Tides Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Tides South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King And Grove Tides
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
- The Tides South Beach Miami Beach, Florida