“Great location, great value”
Review of Villa Paradiso

Villa Paradiso
Ranked #118 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great location, great value”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We spent four nights in Miami and when looking for hotels in South Beach, Villa Paradiso was by far the cheapest. We booked online from Australia and the staff were very friendly and easily contactable via email with any query. Rooms big, clean, and one street back from the ocean. Surprisingly quiet given the location. Would definitely stay here again - great value for money.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom which was nice, though the second room didn't have functioning air conditioning. The location is incredible and perfect for just about anyone; one block from the crazy strip, but quiet enough for those who want sleep. The staff was kind and helpful. The facilities were clean and eclectic. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
COLORADO SPRINGS
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I booked this hotel after reading the many positives reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed in my choice. We decided to go to South Beach for a few days prior to our cruise. The booking was easy and they stayed in touch with me via email and even called the day before to confirm and answer any questions. Its a small place but the location is so ideal. Close to everything. It was great to take off for a few hours and then head back to our room to take a break and cool off. South Beach was wonderful. Very safe and lots to see and do. The room we had was on the second floor. Clean and spacious. The tall ceilings made it feel open and airy. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It appears the second story rooms are the most affordable. If you have problems going up a long fli...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had booked this room way ahead of time with confirmed twin beds as I was travelling with my sister. We arrived as planned, a bit early. The lady at the desk said she had the room ready for early check in and it was with a queen bed up the stairs. I said no, we had been confirmed a room with two beds, but she didn't seem to have that info. She then pointed up some steep stairs to the room, and I pointed at our 2, 3-ton suitcases that were stuffed to the gills after a cruise... there was no way we could pull these heavy cases up any stairs and there was no elevator or Hulk Hogan type around. She quickly changed the room to one on the ground floor and upped the price $20 more. I was rather peeved, we had booked and paid for this room already and confirmed it and the bed situation by email. Not one to make a fuss we went ahead...but not a first good impression at all, felt a bit taken advantage of.
The room was bright, yellow, spacious and clean, big windows, with a kitchen area, small bathroom, and eating area. Probably an older apartment building converted into a hotel, and nicely done. We were happy and the beds were comfortable. We ventured out to the beach which was a 5 min walk, very convenient. They loaned us a hairdryer and we got beach towels for the asking. Shops and dining in the area were good, and just a 15 min walk to the hipper South Beach areas. We explored around and it was a great, safe, quiet location.
Would stay here again and recommend it, but get the final room details in writing and take it with you just in case, like I should have! Nice shady courtyard and quaint atmosphere.

Room Tip: Be specific and get confirmations and special requests in writing. If you have tons of luggage reque...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had a great stay at Villa Paradiso. The hotel is quiet, clean, and since you are renting what used to be an apartment, spacious. We were only here for one night, and had a great stay. The front desk staff are helpful and courteous, and the room was very comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of anything you might want to do around South Beach. Parking the car isn't cheap since you have to park in a lot or garage for a fee (around $20 a day), but I'm pretty sure that goes for any hotel in the area. If we ever visit South Beach again we will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked a three night stay for New Years and was more than happy with my experience at Villa Paradiso. I was looking for a safe, clean and overall beautiful stay right in the heart of the SOBE nightlife and I got just that. My best friend and I checked into room #5 and Anna at the front desk was sweet and informative. She was the warmest welcome we could ask for. We wanted a hands-off kind of experience where we could come and go as we pleased and the hotel was walking distance to every single thing we could be interested in. The room was basically a well laid studio apartment, with the right amount of privacy for traveling friends of the opposite sex to get ready and move around in. The room was more spacious than any hotel room I have paid top dollar for all over the country. I had some of the best night's sleep in the firm and comfortable queen bed, and my best friend felt the same. Although we weren't far from the action, Villa Paradiso was the perfect quiet sanctuary to come home to every night. Just a few blocks from the best locales on Ocean Drive, I was able to come in after a night of NYE partying, change my shoes and head back out without missing a beat. The kitchen featured every necessity for young, on the go types like us who tended to whip up left overs from a meal on Lincoln Road at 3am. The beautiful courtyard was a serene break from the bustling street just outside the secure gate, we even had a meal out there. We arrived on Dec 31, so parking on South Beach in general was a nightmare! But we opted for a public garage just two blocks walking distance and never had a single issue. The stay was affordable and because of the hotels simplicity, we didn't feel like we wasted any amenities by not always being in the room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CheChantal
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We really enjoyed Villa Paradiso, a small property within walking distance to the Convention center and Lincoln Road. Prices were high for what you get, but very reasonable for South Beach. The staff was welcoming, but most everything was self service. The best feature for me was the small courtyard filled with tropical plantings, great for morning coffee and evening happy hour. I felt as if I were staying in someone's house, with two rooms plus bath. The layout was a bit odd, with entry through the large bedroom, but it had a small kitchen with a table, large closet (safe included), good sized bathroom. The property was an older one, with hard wood floors, a fresh coating of paint, clean and bright, but well caulked. The white couch was probably not a good choice, a bit grubby. We found the bed soft, but very comfortable, with nice linens. Our room was in the back, so sheltered from the street noise. The air conditioner was noisy, but efficient. Small improvements that would have enhanced our stay would be luggage racks and hooks for hanging suits and towels. Keep in mind that this was not the Sheraton, more like visiting a relative or renting a cottage. If you can be comfortable with that you will be happy here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Collins Avenue.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple