“Excellent location and very interesting decoration”
Review of Pelican Hotel

Pelican Hotel
Ranked #33 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel has a great location. We stayed in the King suite on the front of the building (big enough for 4 people easy. If you want to get uninterrupted sleep then the front of the building is not for you. Techno music is played on the front patio 24/7. For a guys weekend at South Beach this place is in the center of Ocean Drive and definitely should be on the top of the list.

Room Tip: Suites on the front big and lots of room with view of the ocean. Other smaller rooms much smaller.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Reception and bar staff are great! Location is spot on and our fun themed room is awesome! Owned by the guy who owns diesel clothing, it's uber chic!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had the privilege of meeting the great hotel and restaurant staff of the Pelican after my post cruise - my very first impression was the "sidewalk" hostess helping to lift my suitcase as I ventured up the stairs into the hotel. Cruise ships like to "discharge" their guests by 9 AM so there is some "limbo" time before check-in. I was greeted by Mentore at the front desk and he made every effort to advise me when my room would be ready. If you don't speak English the staff at the Pelican are truly multilingual....if I recall Mentore speaks at least 4 languages ... also at the front desk was Mai who was always smiling and very patient with my de-magnetized key issues. The house keeping was excellent and the evening turn down was an added bonus. There are 28 rooms in this boutique hotel....each one has its own genre in keeping with the art deco theme of the hotel and SOBE.

I needed to make a paradigm shift.....typically I like a very quiet room...away from elevators and ice machines etc... I had to accept that this is a "party town" and the the multitude of restaurants generating their DJ music until 3 AM was a fact of life.

The real pulse of the hotel is the restaurant and bar - I had the privilege of meeting Richard and Guiseppe .. two of the restaurant managers. Over the three days I ate all my meals and observed the dynamics of what makes the " Pelican Team"....every server, waiter, bar tender and hostess work together to ensure customer satisfaction.

A special thanks to thanks Brianna(sp?) for all those great cups of water, and Diego & David - you guys are amazing at what you do!!

If I was asked to rate the hotel and restaurant out of 10 - I would rate it as 12...

My cost per night was $340 - which was $100 more than my pre-cruise hotel in Miami - but well worth it!!!

In closing....I was proud to be a guest of this hotel!

Room Tip: If you like quieter rooms - see if a corner room at the back is available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

A great hotel, smack bang in the middle of Ocean Drive - it's very much at the heart of the scene on Ocean Drive (warning on noise issues) But keep reading...

The decor of the hotel is very hip and trendy. The rooms all look fab and fun. We went for the Ocean View Big Bamboo Room. The photo's on the website are a great depiction of what you will see in person. Our room wasn't very big, but big enough for a couple staying for a week. The room was very clean and the bathroom was lovely. I liked the window looking into the bedroom from the Bathroom.

As it was an Ocean View room, it was of course at the front of the hotel. So noise was quite an issue if Im honest, especially at night! As I have said above, you are right in the heart of Ocean Drive where everything is happening…the South Beach scene is very much happening along the sidewalk and at neighbouring cafe etc. Our noise complaints stemmed from the people and vehicle traffic going by the hotel and base beat of music in the distance. But hey, we were in Miami…we should have expected this!

Don't let this put you off however…just go for a room at the back of the hotel if you are worried about noise. Or get some ear plugs - I don't think the noise is anything that earplugs wont sort out! We would definitely stay at this hotel again…just choose a room at the back of the hotel.

The Pelican Cafe at the front of the hotel is a must for lunch. This is a great spot for people watching and the food is so good. The breakfast also looked very good too…though we didn't have it.

Oh and what a bonus…the hotel has free sun loungers on the beach just opposite the hotel and beach towels can be picked up from the reception.

Overall, we really liked this hotel and would definitely stay at this hotel again… but we'd just choose a room at the back of the hotel. If you want a true South Beach experience, this place is for you!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Around_the_World_165
Reviewed 5 February 2012

miami beach??? don t esitade, book Pelican hotel, on the beach, and food is fantastic, service amazing, italian specialities you can not forgot!
i remember spaghetti with bottarga, lasagne alla bolognese, cartoccio di seabass, and favoulus dessert!!!!! bavarese alle fragole first!!!
hope you can visit soon Pelican hotel miami beach. trust me.

thank to all staff!!!!!
don t forget to try mush paradise potatoes!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This hotel is definitely in the middle of everything happening, but based on all the reviews I was actually a little disappointed in the room. It was quite small and dated but certainly adequate. The service was fine although we didn't require much. It seemed a little odd to me that there is not really a lobby - you walk right into the bar/restaurant and then back to the check in desk. This arrangement is not particularly welcoming to me. But bottom line...I would stay here again just because of the location!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mvp724
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a great time at this hotel. We aren't big on the party scene so were worried based on other reviews. I'm so glad we picked this hotel. It's in the middle of everything. The rooms were quiet but we weren't in the front rooms. If you want a big room in a resort with facilities, then any art deco hotel on south beach isn't for you. Dont stay in this area. But if you want the art deco experience, stay here. The rooms were unique and the girls on the front desk were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012