Pelican Hotel
US$328
US$247
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$308/night.

US$275
US$224
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$172
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$248
Hotels.com
US$324
US$255
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$307
US$279
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$199
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$169
US$229
US$679
1,283 results
All reviewshappy hourocean drivefree breakfastsouth beachfree beachceiling fanbeach chairspeople watchingnews cafeperfect locationlummus parkhotel guestsboutique hotelvalet parkingrestaurant staffkey westart deco
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Check Pelican's Website!!! Looks Unique Right!!! The Experience is Unique As well!!!

The hotel is a small boutique, apparently started by Diesel jeans and the the diesel sense of fun in clothes shows in the way the rooms were designed and maintained.

We stayed in the Viva Las Vegas Room and it was just unique in every sense of way...Vegas theme black & gold and a lot of chrome chic. Rooms were spotlessly clean, the bathrooms were fitted with cool industrial plumbing. The big shower head and fire engine hose type water flow deserves a special mention. There is nothing that we did not like about the room.
The room was quite and shields you from the outside noise. But step out into the Lobby and you are in middle of the Ocean Drive's awesome craziness. The rooms are smoke free (No smoking signs- as opposed to some other claims).

if you want a resort with pool, big lobby and other services this is not the place for you. This is for young at heart, want to be in the middle of the action and don't want to stay at the same drab hotel chain kindaa people. This hotel is basically a ocean drive restaurant and fun clean rooms and nothing more than that.

There is nothing pretentious about the place. They are what they claim they are ...a fun hotel right in the middle of all the sobe fun and across from the lummus park beach. To keep you sand free they provide beach towels which are super soft and super clean. Its walking distance from everything that you would ever want to do in Sobe.

Just stay there and have fun in Sobe...The Diesel Way!!!!

Room Tip: Across from beach on the Ocean Drive
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desert_King_3
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Impressive hotel, ltos of rooms, artistically decorated, I stayed in the Best Whore House room and was very funny. Food is also good, and location is fantastic. I would definitely go there again and Miami is always full of charms. Next tie I would like to try a different room.
Restaurant was really nice and the quality of food was delicious; Ocean drive offers lots of restaurants as well and it's all right there in front of the hotel. A must see in Miami.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nothing like I could have imagined, nor the kind of resort hotel I've ever stayed in. From the moment I got out of the cab, I could feel the buzz. I was welcomed by a friendly staff and brought right in to a pleasant, easy check-in...something I could get used to. My themed room was a real eye opener and I couldn't believe my good fortune. Right in the middle of Ocean Drive where all the action is and directly across from the most spectacular beach. The restaurant is fabulous... the food, the setting and the staff; I'm only sorry I didn't eat all my meals there. I will undoubtedly stay at the Pelican when I return and can't wait to experience another themed room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DionysusIII
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Pelican Hotel on Ocean Drive. This place is amazing, the location is great if you are looking to be in the centre of South Beach.
The staff were excellent. Always helpful, gave great advise when going out on an excursion.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and the food in the restaurant is excellent, varied and good value.
This is my second time staying at the Pelican and this years stay confirmed my last years experience.

Room Tip: corner room is larger.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank NKS2
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Amongst a sea of hotels on Ocean Drive that are 'all fur coat and no knickers, The Pelican hotel is a leader in its class.

We stayed here about two years ago and there have been minor improvements in decor and they have streamlined the rooms into a much more cohesive affair without shedding the quirkiness which is what the clientele there expect (its almost indistinguishable) yet tweaked.

The service at reception is second to none, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and approachable the lady who was there for half of our stay and checked us out was an absolute star, it was like an estranged friend i had just met once again, great rapport!!

My criticisms are they need to keep a tighter reign on the maintenance of the rooms, we had stayed in three rooms during our short stay.

in the first the secure safe didn't work so we had to move into a room which was a spacious, (but unfortunately disabled friendly room) which would not have been a problem, (i don't really have a phobia of handrails) however the shower was sub par, a mere trickle in comparison to the gushing waterfalls of the other rooms and a standard that we expect (and actually part of the reason why we returned to the hotel in the first place)

After deciding to extend our stay the third room we were issued had no functioning air conditioning, because the control panel just wasn't working.. so we had resorted to using the ceiling fans, which were very cool and retro, just not very practical due to the noise....

On a final note, in comparison to the Pelican front house staff (reception and bar) the restaurant staff were at times scatty and unpredictable with the standards of service they provided, we felt because we pre booked and paid for breakfast we were somewhat overlooked during morning service. The dynamic of the place has fallen into the same category of the rest of the hotels and restaurants on Ocean drive.. the door hostess (who forgot who we were about ten times even after staying there for days) was more on the hustle for new customers at the door, passers by, even when the dining room and balcony appeared full. It was lazy and needs bringing back upto standard, maybe take some tips from the front of house staff... then all will be restored.

With all due respect The pelican is an great hotel do not be put off by this review i am merely providing constructive criticism towards a hotel which is still the best in its class, for the bourgeoisie of Miami Beach, we still had a very pleasurable stay, i just believe with service it has to be end-to-end and consistent... we want to see this hotel succeed and be the best it can be. and go from great to outstanding..

xx

Room Tip: all rooms are individually designed
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends