“SOUTH BEACH PEARL”
Review of W South Beach

W South Beach
Ranked #15 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Great place with solid amount of design. Great food . Mr.Chow is extraordinary.
All common areas are beautifully arranged and designed. Tons of art on hotel walls.
Rooms are big with nice furnitures in it. Hotel is not cheap .... and probably you will be expect much better service with this rates.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to read that you liked the design of the hotel and the spaciousness of the rooms. When your travels bring you back to Miami Beach, please let us know so we can be sure to anticipate your arrival!

There are newer reviews for W South Beach

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have finally found Bliss in South Beach. After several stays in various hotels, W South Beach's accommodations, quality, and hospitality are second to none!!

Upon arriving much earlier than the 4:00 PM check-in time, we were offered a hospitality suite which is an entire living room and bath to change, freshen up and hit the pool. Poolside is spectacular lined with beautiful palms and serviced by a very attentive wait staff. Cocktails from the menu or by your own creation are all welcome and everything we tried from the WET Bar menu was delicious.

As a Platinum SPG member, we were upgraded to a Fabulous suite. OMG. How GORGEOUS. I've stayed at some of SPG's best (as well as various Ritz properties) coast to coast and abroad including Luxury Collections, and this suite did a nice job of hitting the top of my list. Chic, stylish, spacious... the balcony is huge with sun chairs and an outdoor shower. And the rest is in true Starwood form with luxurious bed and bath.

You'll pay the rate for what you get but it's well worth it. Absolute luxury. While I normally like to roam around SoBe, I didn't want to leave!! And for the most part, didn't.

Highly recommend The Dutch for dinner. Fresh and healthy meals in a perfect social setting. Food was fabulous (Oysters were delicious!!).

Checked out and had use of the hospitality suite again after our extended stay pool-side before heading into Miami. I can't say enough about this resort. We'll be back for our next SoBe visit for sure!!

Location: Slightly north of Ocean and Lincoln. An easy walk (less than a mile) but not in stilettos. $6 cab ride to both or make use of the Acura car service. You seriously don't need to leave the resort though.

Room Tip: Fabulous Room 538!!!! Corner suite, tiered balconies so there is always sun above.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. Great to hear your stay was great! We value our SPG members, and I am glad to learn that you liked your upgraded room.

Please let us know when you come back to visit!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

My partner and I stayed at the W in South Beach for my 30th birthday, with a few other friends. We had a two bedroom suite, which was amazing, and did not disappoint. It is extremely expensive, and for that, the service could have been better, but the location, the grounds and the room were great.
I will say that, despite having a room that was worth over $1K a night, we still had to call the front desk at least 4 times a day for new towels, a turn down, gowns and slippers etc. Probably not what you want to do if you're spending all that money...

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites (Sensational Suites) have two large bedrooms, and an extra room with a couch...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Happy belated birthday! So happy to hear you had a great birthday weekend and that you enjoyed your sensational suite. Maybe next time you visit you can try one of our other 15 category room types, there is plenty to choose from! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed here for a function, as did many others we knew. It is a very beautiful hotel! Great pool, lobby's, lounge areas. Our room was penthouse level with ocean view! The service left much, MUCH, to be desired considering the place and money we are spending out! We got to the bar lounge. There was one bar tender, whom I might add was moving slower than molasses, all the while many patrons waiting to grab a cocktail while they wait for thier luggage to be taken up. It took us 30 minutes from ordering to receiving! And yes we so graciously OVERPAID for a drink that was worth waiting that long for I guess. We ate at the newly opened Dutch, and that was good food. The servers are super friendly, but they sometimes seem as though they are ADHD. You have to remind or ask a bit many more times than you should while paying these prices. Pool was nice. We met our fronds out thier, the staff set up the beds and were very attentive. The service staff on the other hand.......... We had to ask several times over periods of up to 40 minutes for another round! At first they seem as though they fix it, but then they'd never come back. So we'd ask another, same scenario. At the end they screwed all our bills up, so while we were explaining them how to complete thier job, one of the servers had the gull to tell us we were making it difficult! REALLY??!! Tell me please where the last place you went to, spent $20 a drink, bad service, and been pretty much given the "FINGER"???!!!! Me never. If I had a better expirience last time would I come back again, sure! But Im sure I can find somewhere else that "KNOWS" and strives to treat guests with respect and courtesy! FYI, I'm not a stuck up know it all. Ive been in the hospitality industry for years and know and understand how staff should reform themselves. With that I believe that customers need to learn to take a step back and have a bit more respect for the staff. It works both ways. This was just my expirience.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that we fell short of your service expectations during your visit. There is no excuse for the fact that service was slow and your server at the pool was not as kind as other staff members you encountered. A shame we didn't know about these service shortfallas prior to your departure as we would have rectified it immediately. If your travels bring you back to Miami Beach, please let me know and I will be happy to assist with all aspects of your visit. Perhaps next time you visit you can experience one of our other lush room categories and have fun with our beach activities!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Flagship W Miami, has got to be one of the most impressive residences anywhere in the world, with some incredible art-work and a very impressive and on-point modern design. The rooms, even the basic, are spacious and I have seen a range of them as me and all my friends have been flying down from New York for the past few New Year's now and we've stayed in a whole host of the rooms. Service is hands down the worst service I have ever experienced any where in the world. Instead of answering the in room phone to 'Whatever, Whenever' they should say, 'Maybe if its not too busy!' The housekeeping was a joke, they wouldn't come til several reminder phone-calls, and then not always. The housekeeping never attempted to unoack or tidy the room til after 3 days I gave up and did it myself. The food in the hotel is nothing special. On the positive Side, the bar is great fun all the time, great and goodlooking crowd.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael W

Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you loved the beauty art and decor of the hotel. There is definitely none other like us in the world! I am sorry there was a lapse in service with our housekeeping staff. Next time you visit us you can experience some of our other on-property venues at night and meet some fun people!

Reviewed 3 February 2012

As a platinum member, i was upgraded to a beautiful suite. Loved it. Bed was great, bathroom incredible, views were outstanding.

The location was superb.

I really enjoyed my stay. Service as fine, but nothing exceptional to note.

I will definitely come back. I usually stay at Hotel Victor....but really liked this property also.

Room Tip: I had a room on the end of the hotel, with a LONG hallway of windows. The layout was a big odd...bu...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued SPG Platinum Guest,

It is great news that you enjoyed your stay and your upgraded guest room! We value all of our SPG guests and I am delighted that as a Platinum Member you experienced our beautiful hotel and one of our upgraded suites. We look forward to WOWing you again on your next visit, and be sure to visit some of our nightlife and delicious restaurant and pool bar!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Took my wife here for her 40th Birthday. It was a perfect trip. Just had a regular room with a nice balcony facing North. Got a good rate through a Corporate discount. It seems most of the complaints are about the (1) price, (2) noise levels, (3) bad attitude of staff, etc. It's the W, it's South Beach, it's going to be expensive and it's going to be loud. If you want something more affordable and quiet, this isn't the place for you. We actually found that the bad attitudes mostly came from the customers. Yes, you are paying a lot of money but a "please" and a "thank you" goes a long way, many people come off as very entitled and outright rude. Yes, you are a paying customer but you are also a "guest". People reserving chairs at 9:00, then showing up at 2:00, seriously? They should just change the way they run it. If you are gone for > 1 hour you lose your spot. Maybe we are just low maintenance or so happy to be away from the kids for a few days, nothing was going to bother us. We only ate breakfast and afternoon snacks by the pool so can not comment on the restaurants. Breakfast was good but expensive. My wife is a bit of a tennis addict so it was nice to use the roof-top tennis court a couple of times. Great people watching such as 70-year old fat, bald, hairy guy making out with his 30-year old surgically enhanced girlfriend in the pool...gross but yet funny at the same time. was surprised by the number of kids in the pool area and at the hotel in general. I went there to get away from kids!! tip: we found the beach to more more relaxing, less jockeying for chairs, and no loud kids splashing in the pool. money saving tip: hit Walgreen's across the street for some water, beer, sundries for your room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KHiggy70

Dear Guest,

What a wonderfulr esponse, I actually cuckled a bit! So happy you had a great stay. Although the pool is lovely, the beach hits the spot for me! MAybe next time you can try some of the water sports we offer, or even our food and beverage service while soaking up the sun. We look forward to welcoming you back!