4,092 results
All reviews oasis suite mr chow w insider bliss spa dutch restaurant south beach mega suite living room bar bliss products hospitality suite spg platinum pool area high floor pool staff late checkout ocean view amazing hotel
Reviewed September 12, 2018

The hotel was probably one of the best W hotels I've been too. All the staff we came across were eager to help. Its in a great spot, so we generally walked everywhere we went whilst in South Beach.
We booked a Fabulous Ocean View room for our first stay. The room was huge. It had a bath, shower, kitchen everything you need for a home away from home. The balcony was massive and had sun loungers and chairs, although we didn't make use of these. The view reads "sea view" but as you will see from my photos there were so many trees in the way you couldn't really see the sea, and Fabulous rooms are only on floors 1 to 4. On the return trip we booked a Spectacular Ocean View room. The view was far better and the only difference in the room was the removal of the bath and sun loungers, but I would say this is not worth the extra cost, and highly recommend a Spectacular room.
The Pools are brilliant, the staff, especially Nial are super helpful and constantly checking if you need anything. Sun loungers are comfy and as long as you are down by midday there are usually plenty available. You don't need to get out of bed at 7am each morning to reserve. The beach area and service from the hotel is also great
Food at the Wet bar is lovely, great Pizza's and Guacamole.
The Gym on the 4th floor has great technogym equipment and is open 24 hours a day and was pretty quiet every-time we went.
The biggest downside was the check-in and check-out times. They are the worst of any hotel group. Check in is not until 4pm, and checkout is at 11am. On both occasions we could not get into our room before 4pm. Considering they have such an early checkout time you would think the rooms would be ready earlier. This means you only get the room for 19 hours. As an Elite member I requested a later checkout of 1pm on both occasions and this was refused. That said they do have rooms available for you to shower and get changed on your day of departure, so we stayed by the pool all day and then could get showered before our flight home.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms are well worth the extra. Out of the two types of rooms we tried the Spectacular room was best value for money.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kiana H, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Welcome tim2408,

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your Spectacular Ocean View room; really makes for a spacious home away from home. I'm also glad you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Miami Beach, our pool WET, our beach SAND, our gym FIT, and our rooftop basketball and tennis courts, SWISH & SWING.

During your next visit with us, feel free to stop by The Dutch for lunch and dinner. SPG members get 15% off at dinner for up to 4 guests.

Thank you for your excellent review, and for your note about Nial and the rest of our talent. We can't wait for your return!

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

As the W group, the hotel is trendy, clean and the staff welcoming.
We did have an issue with our allocated room, and some filming work was being completed, which did cause some inconvenience, but I advised staff and we were given a new room on the same day, thank you Jessica
It may be at least in part due to the exchange rate of GBP v USD not being great (1.28) but drinks and food are expensive. On the beach there is a charge for umbrellas and upgraded of beds, which again seems expensive.
However, on balance, I would recommend and I would return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Welcome Donna B ,

Thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear about the noise complaint. We take this very seriously. Please know that the satisfaction of our guests is truly important to us, and our team makes every effort to ensure our guests enjoy their stay without any disturbances. We hope to see you again soon for another overall limitless experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Spent a couple of mights at the end of a vacation and having stayed in South Beach area several times in supposedly the best hotels I have come away from the W thinking its the best hotel we have ever stayed at in Miami. The location is great, the staff are amazing from the pool team, front desk and bell boys, the rooms are spacious with great views and the pool and beach awesome.

Any faults? Perhaps the only slight criticsm would be the sun beds at the pool being crammed in so close to each other but hey its a popular place!

Would i stay here again? Cant wait!

Room Tip: High floors seem to have less noise
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Kiana H, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Welcome Derek G ,

Thank you for your excellent review! We sincerely appreciate your note about our talent.

I'm delighted you enjoyed our atmosphere,your room and our WET and SAND . I'm also glad you enjoyed our central location in South Beach, and that you were able to take advantage of our great amenities that we have to offer. During your next experience with us, help yourself to our Oysters & Bubbles Happy Hour at The Dutch, which happens every day at 6:30PM. Also, feel free to use our complimentary Martone bicycles to tour the city in style! Access to them comes with your reservation.

We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Property is well situated on South Beach ... friendly and accommodating staff, excellent food/beverage options, room extremely clean / Miami vibe ... the view from the 7th Floor ocean facing suite was spectacular (room 715 is recommended).

Room Tip: 7 Floor Ocean Side - beautiful views of the water and property ... also direct access to the basketball and tennis court.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Welcome ssalton ,

First and. foremost, thank you for staying at W South Beach, and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location, our atmosphere, our talent and your Spectacular suite. Next time you visit, check out our other on-property restaurant MR CHOW, serving authentic Beijing cuisine. Next The chicken satay is a favorite!

We can't wait to see you again. Thank you for making W South Beach your first choice when visiting the city.

All The Best,

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Not the first time I stay there but this time it was Amazing!
I cannot believe that the hotel have been opened for almost 10 years.
They have mastered the way to make you feel welcomed and pampered.
All started from the moment I made my reservation with Sydne who sent me a super cute amenity in the room with the nicest card I have received in a long time.
Yoli did our C/IN and she was so sweet and professional that we did not care that the room was not ready. We rented a Cabana at the pool for two days and it was truly perfect because the staff of the pool and bar was very attentive and it was a great way to relax.
We stayed in a "Spectacular" room and it was very spacious with a beautiful view of the beach and the city. The room was super clean and the housekeeping staff all said hello when we were walking to the the room which was nice of them.
One evening we went for dinner at Mr. Chow who is located in the lobby of the W and it was truly an experience to remember with the Noodle show at 9pm who is super fun to watch.
The concierge Team is so resourceful and got everything I needed even an almost impossible last minute reservation. I asked Mariano the Concierge to get me a table for 8 at Casa Tua and he was able to pull it off and we got the best table of the restaurant.
Another magical thing that happened during the stay is something that Duval did. Duval works at the hotel and I was telling him that I needed sunscreen and within 5 minutes after I left him someone was bringing it to me.
I am usually very tough with luxury hotels as I believe that when you pay a certain amount of money you should expect an exceptional service and trust me, I could not find anything to say about our stay at the W. I can see that the General Manager have done such a great job with his team and I cannot wait to stay there again !

Room Tip: there is not really a bad room as they all have a view of the ocean and beach
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Kiana H, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Welcome FlorianJMiami,

Thank you for your rave review! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your room, as well as our pool WET. Thank you for your note about our talent; I'm glad they surpassed your expectation of excellent service at W South Beach. During your next experience with us, help yourself to our Oysters & Bubbles Happy Hour at The Dutch, which happens every day at 6:30PM. Also, feel free to use our complimentary Martone bicycles to tour the city in style! Access to them comes with your reservation.

We hope to see you in the near future!