“Loved it!!!”

Cuisines: Colombian
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Visited this place with my wife on our trip to Miami. It was the first time either of us had columbian food and we Loved It!!!

The restaurant is very small but has a nice atmosphere with friendly staff.

We had a couple of Columbian beers (which were delicious) and cocktails then to eat we had Picada de La Ventana a traditional sample platter for two people. It came with steak, chicken, Colombian sausage, blood sausage, fried pork, yellow potatoes, cassava fries, fried green plantains, corn arepita and tomato. There was a mound of food and I think we even left some because we were so full. Think it cost around $25.

1  Thank PeaPodAdventures

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My friend and I both ordered some tapas as appetizers, (empanandas and cripsy pork) excellent! We each ordered a different steak dish and were more than pleased at the size and taste. This isn't a fancy, dress-up restaurant, but it's excellent food - we'll go back on our next visit.

1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was my favorite stop on the South Beach Food Tour and we returned the next day to try another dish. We sat at the bar both times and had great service from their small staff. They appear to work out of a tiny kitchen with tight quarters and everyone is still so friendly.

On the food tour we had a potato/beef empanada & the Patacones Pollo--both of which were excellent. They were served with this spicy green sauce which was completely delicious--I had to steal my boyfriends after I finished mine :). I wish I could remember the name.

The next day we came back and shared the Bendeja Paisa which was Steak, Red Beans, Rice, Chorizo, Fried Pork Belly, Fried Egg, Avocado, Sweet Plantains, and Arepa. Seriously one huge platter of food and EVERYTHING was delicious. We saw someone using this crate with 5 dipping sauces, I'm not sure if we were supposed to use them but we did and they were great! There were so many other things I saw and wanted to try....next time we return to south beach!

House wine was VERY reasonably priced for South Beach! Will definitely return.

1  Thank nh73
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We were in Miami Beach for my Colombian wife's b-day and then our anniversary the next day recently. While she was heading home to Cartagena in a few days to visit familia, since she has only been in the US for a year, I wanted to treat her to some homestyle cooking (the one place we have in Albuquerque is woefully inconsistent and not all that authentic) and this was close to where we were staying in Miami Beach. She said the Bandera Paisa was truly the real deal and my Cazuela de Mariscos was choak full of a variety of pescado and almost as good as her mami's recipe. The service was attentive and the food came in a timely fashion and nice and hot. While the place is small and nothing special decorwise (though the walls did have a lot of great pics of Cartagena) they are occupying an expensive piece of real estate so choices have to be made.

2  Thank Wolverine154
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I went on an organised South Beach culinary walking tour and this was one of the establishments we visited on the 2 hour tour. In honesty I don't think I would have ever gone in here otherwise because it looks very small and unremarkable from the outside and I knew nothing about Columbian food beforehand. We were given a number of small items to try on the tour and they were all delicious and this prompted me to go back the following day for lunch. You can order from a wide variety of Columbian dishes and just have some small snacks or a full meal. If you are unsure what the dishes are the servers are most helpful and will explain.
The place itself is very small with simple diner-type tables. It is definitely not fancy and you probably wouldn't choose to go there for a smart dinner, but it certainly serves up delicious, home cooked, interesting food. If you are looking for a change from the standard South Beach menus give La Ventana a try. I'm so glad I did.

3  Thank Calmcglaughlin