“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I loved the friendly staff from the moment you walk in there were all so welcoming.

I loved the hotel it was in a great location and very nice and clean. I was on a little getaway with my boyfriend and it was perfect for those romantic weekends away. Part of the exprience of getting away is hoping you for good customer service and the gentlemen at the front desk Richard was amazing. Very friendly helpful and accomodating from the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out. Overall great experience. :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank diana2jen
Ron P, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear diana2jen;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored to have Richard as part of our team. Richard has been a recipient of the Associate of the Month, among many other awards, for a reason. I will share your comments with him and the team. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ron Potter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have visited miami many times, but I always received one star quality service, until I stayed at the edgewater in south beach....starting with the person at the reception( Richard Prado)...from there up to management,the service was more like 5 star hotel....finally felt really welcomed ...comfortable and made my stay and vacations memorable!!!I'll be back for sure...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GUILLERMO G
Dear GUILLERMO G:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You are right, it seems as though good service is a dying art which has become harder and harder to find. I have to say that we are honored to have Richard as part of our team and that he has been our most recent recipient of the Associate of the Month Award. Thank you for your business and look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Best regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was my first time in Miami and we were only staying for a long weekend. We wanted a place by the beach and near the hot spots. This was the perfect location! Super close to the beach and close to restaurants and shops. Other than the trips to the airport, we only used a cab twice. The room was modern and spacious. There was plenty of room for 2 people (room for 3, since there was a sofa.) There's a daily resort fee (I think $18). Totally acceptable and these days inevitable... You're staying in a great location (the beach is right across the street), free breakfast (bagels, pastries, yogurt, fruit—totally filling), free happy hour of wine and beer (great for pre-gaming), free use of beach towels and beach chairs, terrace access in case it's too windy for the beach and you want to get your tan on AND the most helpful staff ever! Really, I've never gushed about service this much to anyone. After I tell people how close we were to the beach, I tell them about the great service that was provided. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kiki_dR
Dear Kiki_dR;

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad that you enjoyed the accommodations, breakfast, our happy hour and the beach. Thank you for recognizing our team's efforts in ensuring that your wishes were fulfilled. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am an avid travler to South FL, and in all my years of visiting South Beach this is the first stay that I have had that was so relaxing and worry free with the help of the staff. Service was EXCELLENT, rooms were clean, everything we needed was available to us without having to ask. Not to mention the staff, friendly curtious and willing to help us with everything. Richard was amazing to us, he gave is information on new places to visit and suggested wonderfull restaurants for us to dine at. This trip will definately be repeated and hopefully when we return the staff is not changed... thank you Edgewater for giving us an unforgettable vacation we WILL be seeing you next year!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank s0uthfl0ridatraveler
Dear sOuthflOridatraveler,

Thank you for your comments. We are honored to have Richard as part of our team. I will share your comments with him and the rest of the team. We hope to serve you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Highly recommended. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Do not hesitate! Just book it!

Room: Deluxe Studio – spacious, clean, big bed, sofa, plenty of room for two people, LCD, very clean bathroom.

Hotel: perfect location on Ocean Drive, close to Lincoln Road, Washington Av and Collins Av, just by the beach. The best location for various attractions.

Service: check-in and check-out very fast, outstanding customer service, big thanks to Kelvin and Rafael – always helpful and smiley, gave us many tips during our stay in Miami. Both of them made us feel very comfortable. We will definitely return to this hotel!

Internet: free wi-fi in your room.

Spoil me plan: worth every cent, you get nice breakfast, free, speedy internet, beach chairs + towels and complimentary drinks and snacks every evening!

Room Tip: Deluxe Studio is perfect for a couple.Side street view should not bother you as you spend most of th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kamila0105
Dear Kamila0105;

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your comments with us! We are also honored to have Rafael and Kelvin as part of our team. I will share your comments with them. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a great time at Edgewater South Beach. The location is perfect, at the north end of the strip, so it's not super chaotic but it's still right in the action. Our rooms were great! Since we were there for our anniversary, we were moved from the standard room to a suite during our stay, and even though the standard was nice, the suite was just phenomenal! We really appreciated that, it helped make the trip even better.

The only reason they're not getting a 5 star review is because their valet parking sucks - we only used it two days, and one day we had to wait more than 45 minutes for our car, and the other day they brought up the wrong car and we had to wait half an hour. For the price they charge, it shouldn't be like that. I'd avoid.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ron P, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Amandafantastic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for the delays you experienced with valet and please know that I will be addressing it as we have to be more efficient. Thank you for your feedback once again and we hope to serve you in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My wife & kids love the beach.....I can't say that I totally share their enthusiasm, but if it makes them happy, Im all in. I made a last minute decision to surprise them with a trip over to South Beach for the weekend. I had heard some good things about Edgewater South and decided to book a room there. The location of this hotel is just across the street from the beach! It sits right on Ocean Dr within a short walking distance from all the hot spots. Hats off to Kelvin and his team members, they catered to our every need. They even provided my son with one of those "boogie boards" to use while we were on the beach..(warning...those things aren't for anyone without coordination...lol) The room was spacious and clean. The kitchenette was also pleasant surprise.
I would recommend The Edgewater South to anyone who wants the true "South Beach"Experience!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DexterVanzant
Dear DexterVanzant;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy the hotel, beach and all of what the area has to offer! I am also glad to hear about the boogie board experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Best regards,