4,735 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for the 4th of July weekend. The room at first glance is nice. Don't look too close or you see the rusty and run down parts.

We liked the pool, the lounge chairs and being right on the beach. There are pictures of old music & movie stars on the walls but the frames are old and spotted. The hallways smell musty. Housekeeping did a nice job but they didn't show up until 5pm everyday.

It's a shame because if some care was put in the place could live up to its history. The wifi didn't work despite several phone calls. The front desk was hit/miss. I got wonderful people and then one nasty woman who needs a vacation herself. A lot of the staff was very friendly - towel guy and bellmen but you better speak Spanish. This can be weird to tourists who may have learned a few words of English to communicate in the USA but won't find it helps here.

Forget room service. It took 3 (yes 3) tries for them to bring a quesadilla with NO CHICKEN!!

Oh the drama! The police were called to a fight in front of the hotel between 2 guests and a passing driver. Then guests lit illegal fireworks right on the beach (instead of towards the water) and we, along with dozens of others, had to run to safety. We called the police but they never showed. The hotel staff never came out to stop it either.

Resort fee is $25/night plus taxes (so really $28.50) self parking is $30/night at a garage across the street (which was nice considering Miami Beach parking), umbrellas on the beach are $20/day. Beach chairs, towels and pool chairs are included in resort fee.

Would I go back? No. Was it a bad trip? No. We had a good time but that had more to do with us than the Deauville.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Here is my review of the Deauville Beach Resort Miami.

It all started when I pulled into the entrance off Collins Avenue Friday, 23 June 2017 around 430 – 500 pm. I turned into the entry of the hotel and was immediately notified by one of their staff to halt, which I did. Not sure why but I waited, Finally the same gentleman told me to park and get a ticket to the parking garage across the way on 67th Avenue. I asked if I could pull to the side, go in, check-in to my room then park my car in the garage. I was told no, that’s not possible. So I got my ticket for the parking garage, and yes I had to pay $30.00 a night to park my car in a garage and then carry my luggage back to the hotel to check-in.

I found no mention of this procedure on their website and to me that’s not the norm. I’ve traveled across the states and world and have never been told to park in a separate location THEN carry my luggage back across the streets to the hotel before checking in.

The hotel resort is situated off the main street, Collins Avenue and is very easy to locate once arriving at it. The lobby is MASSIVE with room for both guests checking in and out, the gathering of friends to meet and relax in one of many seating areas as well as space for various points of interests hotels will have, information desks, travel and tourist assistance and a bar to sit at and relax during one’s stay.

I did eventually check-in and arrived in my room. Something out of the 60s or 70s décor. Yes I know and understand the historical context of the hotel but one would think a newer décor would have been performed between then and now. The beds were comfortable and everything was functional but the room was filled within what I recall “indoor/outdoor” carpeting and yes this is a beach hotel and I gather that this is there to help facilitate cleaning but this is 2017 and better carpet is available.

I chose an ocean-front view room and yes I did get that. I had a great view of the ocean with nothing blocking my view which was nice to be able to sit on the patio and enjoy the breezes coming off the ocean.

The TV was modern and worked well. No issues with that and it did receive a variety of channels for a viewer to be entertained with and that was nice. The other side of the coin, Wi-Fi, well that is a problem. I had brought with me three electronic items, my MacBook Pro, IPad, and my IPhone. All three received a Wi-Fi signal, yet I could never get my IPad to work. My IPhone and MacBook Pro would occasionally. My issue is I would get dropped on quite often and have to restart my device(s) as well as renew my IP address before it would reconnect. So those were my technological issues.

I did order breakfast for room-service on the next morning but I had to call down to Room Service without ANY menu to choose from. So I didn’t know what items were available. When doing so I was told they could bring a menu up to me and then I would have to read it and choose. Time is important to me so why do I need to wait to have a menu brought up to my room? Why is not one there as in EVERY other hotel I have stayed at world-wide that does provide room service? And I have stayed at some 4 and 5-star hotels across the world and have never experienced this prior.

So, instead of waiting on a menu I told them I would like a ham & cheese omelet with hash browns or country fried potatoes, which I was informed they came with the breakfast. And I requested some wheat toast and orange juice. Now these are staple items so I felt secure that I would be able to order them, not having a menu, that is.
The food arrived in a very timely manner which goes into the plus category compared to all the negatives I have previously encountered yet that is about where it stopped. My ham and cheese omelet was made with SLICED AMERICAN CHEESE!!! What is this all about? If I wanted a cheap processed cheese omelet I would have done so myself in my own home. Here I am at a “RESORT” in Miami and all they can provide is sliced processed cheese for an omelet?

Now comes the best part of the room. MOLD, BLACK MOLD!!! Yes, in the bathroom and in the closet there are quite large patches of what appears to be black mold. No, I didn’t test it but I have been around a number of places in my life to know and understand how and where black mold exists in a structure. This was under the sink in a corner of the bathroom and again in the closet. Two dark/damp locations where black mold is formed and exists. And yes I have photos to show where this was and what it appears to be.

So, what does that tell me?

That tells me a number of things about this hotel:

First, either the house keeping staff is NOT doing a job well enough of cleaning in these areas or the maintenance staff is failing and not performing their duties. Or there is another option and that is, the hotel management does not put a high degree of importance on the eradication of mold in their RESORT! And this was not a single-event. I inquired with some other guests who were staying at the hotel for the same event I was and they too stated they had black mold, or what appears to be, in their rooms as well.

Now, the staff did a great job of providing for the event I was attending and regarding that, I have no complaints. On the big things they did well. But it is the smaller events that seem to slip through the cracks and in which they fail at.

Room Tip: I requested an ocean-view room which was extra, but w/ a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank DavidP6495
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Great location- easy to get just about anywhere you'd like to go! We enjoyed the convenience of the beach. The room was clean at all times. We especially enjoyed having an ocean view and city view from our room.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

upon reaching the hotel the woman who checked us in had us sign to confirm our room but she didn't even want us to read any of the terms and conditions probably because of all the extra things they charge for (30$ parking per day.. etc) after we even decided to upgraded our room to ocean view to enjoy our stay more and the room was dirty it smelled and patio had no chairs we called staff to come clean up they took forever I would never stay there again and I recommended this hotel to nobody!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gabriela r
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Stay every year...friendy place,good location, amazing beach!!!! Thank you Daniel at front desk. Clean room.
Restaurants and supermarket around.
Close to mall.
Nice piscina bar
Deauville beach resort for sure its great opion

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family