“Big drinks”

Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #811 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Description: Kitchen is a new restaurant in Ocean Dr. ready to offer you great atmosphere, remarkable service and amazing food. Whether you are a local or are visiting South Beach, Kitchen is the restaurant that you will want to return to time and time again.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Having asked for a cocktail and beer, we ended up with 60oz cocktail and 36oz beer!! Should have sent them back but was on vacation. However, when paying I asked if a tip was included in the bill and was told no. I added a tip but having check my bill in the morning, realized that they had already added on a 20% service charge. Nice location but if you want a regular cocktail and beer, I wouldn't recommend. Plus watch your bill or you'll end up giving a 50% tip. That's a lot of money to bring two drinks to your table.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Tourist trap with marginal food. The drink menu had no prices in it. My boyfriend ordered a piña colada. Granted, they come in a large fishbowl type glass, but A. I could not taste ANY alcohol in it, B. When we got the check, we were charged $35!!!! (Other reviews have cited people been charged up to $45 for one, probably non-alcoholic drink) Also, be very careful with the check, they tack on an automatic 20% on it. We did not leave extra, and I have seen in other reviews where patrons have been harassed for not leaving additional tip. Overall a horrible, expensive experience. This place really should be shut down for poor business practices as it borders upon criminal. Do NOT give these people a penny!
Oh, and it's also called Social. I think they are under a different name on Trip Advisor to avoid detection.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Popped in for happy hour and they anything but upfront about how it works.. terrible service, terrible drinks and food not fit for dogs!

Don't ever come to this place..

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Stay away from South Beach and this restaurant-- now evidently called "S" at the same address. I have traveled a lot and have had my share of dismal restaurant experiences. This was one of the absolute worst. We wonder now what we were thinking to be lured into this tourist trap by a lady tout-- offering "20% discount". In the end we disputed our bill---no 20% discount and why we were charged $16 for a beer. We saw $8 on the menu for a beer and that is what we ordered. This escalated into a shouting match with the lady tout waving my half full beer in my face asking why had I accepted the beer if it was not what I ordered. In sum...we were abused and felt shaken. Awful, awful, awful.
We have now seen other very negative reviews.
We only wish we had done research before heading to South Beach area... and maybe the area would benefit from some sort of tourist policing. Never Will Go Back to South Beach. And thanks for the memories....

1  Thank viajera1968
Reviewed 30 November 2016

An evening well spent while visiting Miami on work. Salads, pasta was flavorful with quality ingredients. My vegetarian friend also found plenty of choices. Drinks are huge, beware and share :-)
Very touristy location right on Ocean drive, great spot to see and be seen.

1  Thank Dl0vestotravel