“LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, clean room, and friendly staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #53 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, clean room, and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I hope this review clarifies some older reviews I came across before booking my stay at The Savoy. Prior to booking my stay at Savoy I was skeptical due to some avg/bad reviews I read both on trip advisor and other websites.

I booked my room at The Savoy the night before my stay at approx 1 am. Upon arrival, the valet was courteous and attentive although the bell hop took a few moments to arive it was not a problem for me. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and willingly helped answer any questions I had.

My first impression of the room was far beyond that of what both me and my girl friend were expecting. Double doors leading onto an extra large balcony/patio area approx 15 x 30 with lounge chairs and table overlooking the ocean. The room is as advertised, a suite, and the bathroom fits according. Double sinks, a shower that could fit atleast 6 people even though there was only one small shower head it was enough for us. The bed and other features in the room were more than adequate for our stay.

As soon as the bell hop delivered our luggage (approx. 10 - 15 mins) we headed straight for the beach. The staff on the beach were extremely nice, helpful, and upbeat which seemed to be a reoccuring theme among the staff throughout the hotel. Every staff member offered a hello and wished me and my gf a good day.

Regarding location, it could not have been any better. After the beach we walked to one of the many sidewalk restaurants along ocean drive (5 min walk). The Savoy is in a prime location in walkin distance to both collins and lincoln drive approx 2 miles or less.

I could go on and on abt the positives abt the hotel but im sure whoever is reading would get tired of reading.

Althought I rated this hotel 5 stars there was still room for improvement as my rating was in accordance with both price and location.

Cons-

No hot tub by the pool! It would have been nice although not necessary.

Workmanship in the rooms and various areas around resort were slightly subpar but still acceptable especially for the price. However, this was definitely made up for by location.

Ive also stayed in the Fountainbleau which was extremely nice and prestigous but out of the way and overpriced for what we wanted to accomplish.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank Yankees45
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. Yes, we do take pride in having the best location in South Beach! As you mentioned, we are in the quiet side of South Beach but yet within walking distance to many restaurants, shops and clubs.
We hope to see you again at The Savoy!

Best Regards,

Sandra Casareale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We booked the one bedroom ocean view suite, the room was pleasantly huge with a living room (with pull out sofa) and dining room and have a kichenette with a mini fridge and microwave oven. The room had 3 small balconies which faced the ocean, it was really breathtaking.
The restaurant at the hotel was adequate for breakfast and lunch but there are a lot of great restaurants just a block away so feel free to walk down ocean drive and enjoy the different cuisines close by . oh did I mention that the location was unbelievable! the Savoy hotel is on the ocean, one of the few hotels where you can walk from the hotel pool and be on the beach in a minute, the hotel provide umbrellas, towels and chairs for you on the beach and you can order drinks while on the beach. The hotel is on the quiet end of ocean drive which is great because ocean drive can be pretty noisy in the evenings, the staff were very helpful and friendly , they are one of the reasons I would stay at the hotel again.

Things to do close by
Collins avenue - (about a block away) for some great shopping,
Fresh on fifth - across from the hotel is good for breakfast and lunch , the cuban coffee is amazing
Tjmaxx - on 5th avenue, this store has a runway collection, Designer clothes at deep discounts
Lincoln road - great place to "people watch" and do some shopping

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank buse123
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My wife, baby, and I stayed here twice, each time for 4-5 nights from Jan 30th til Feb 3rd and again from Feb 6th to the 10th. We had actually booked a stay at another hotel in Miami Beach for our second week, but given how much we liked our stay, we cancelled it and came back to the Savoy. I'd have to say the best part of the hotel were the people who work there.

The staff actually care about the guests and go out of their way to be of help. For example, when we told them we didn't like our room they showed us several until we settled on one we liked. This took about 30 minutes and not once did they roll their eyes or give us attitude. We had our 16 month-old daughter with us and they really treated her nicely, as opposed to some other places that make us feel guilty for bringing our baby along.

The rooms are very large, with most if not all being suites which worked well for us as we had the baby cot in the living room area. The hotel is clean, well-kept and quiet. The location, right on the beach is fantastic. The pools were great, one is heated (where everyone swims) and the other isn't.

The only negatives I can think of are that the decor and the interior "look" of the rooms and hallways can be improved as they seem a bit worn but we didn't find anything that was dirty or didn't work. We only had one experience with the hotel restaurant and though we found the service pleasant, we didn't think too much of the food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AVToronto
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I was impressed by this place. The rooms were very clean and they kept them very clean throughout my stay. The pool is gorgeous but the best part of this hotel is friendly staff. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. I am def coming back in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brankica T
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. And thank you for recognizing our very friendly team! We look forward to welcoming you back at The Savoy.

Best Regards,

Sandra Casareale
Baxter, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel offers a friendly staff, great location, and newly updated rooms. I recently stayed at the Savoy and was impressed by the kindness of the staff and their knowledge of the area. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is on the beach and walking distance from all of the exciting places South Beach has to offer. My room was spacious, clean, and the staff was accommodating to any requests I had. I had a wonderful vacation and I am looking forward to my next visit at the Savoy.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rae T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel provided the Holy Trinity of guest experiences for a hotel. Great value; clean and quite, big rooms. The hotel does not look like a Ritz Carlton, but it's staff is just as friendly and they are obviously making really nice upgrades to the hotel everyday. We had a great experience and the manager, Gary Hyre, was really nice. Our first day we were in a room and there was a leak in the bathroom. The manager upgraded us to an ocean front suite in about 5 minutes. The whole staff had a really positive friendly attitude from the front desk to the service attendants at the pool. They keep the hotel clean and they remain very friendly during spring break. Another nice attribute is the location and it's proximity to a great party and shoppig scene, but the hotel is set off on the ocean, so it is quite and you have a chance to get away noise and music when it is time to rest and relax.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Tired. Needs maintenance. Overpriced for what it is. Wireless Internet spotty. Friendly staff. I'd pass . . .

Room Tip: Main building - not the north building