“Exellent great food and service”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #32 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel is great and the service at the restaurant chef eddie is a sweet heart and andres a great server will stay there everytime im in miami.

• Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for The Savoy Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I spent five nights between April 6 and April 13, 2012 at this magnificent hotel. It is simply a wonderful place to take a vacation. You'll find that Carlos will greet you at the front desk on your arrival and take care of everything for your room, which by the way are larger than you will find at other hotels. I happened to have booked early enough in advance to land a second floor suite overlooking the ocean from one balcony and overlooking the pool area and the restaurant from the other two balconies. Breakfast on the patio every morning is the way I started my days. The servers are outgoing and call you by your name after they meet you. The poolside area is wonderful for tanning. Carlos will see to it that whatever your drinking from the bar is there for you. The general manager, Gary, will probably stop by to chat with you and see how your stay is going. If you want to go to the beach, then all you have to do is cross a sand dune on a marked path and you are there. Your room comes with an umbrella on the beach and two lounge chairs. The hotel also serves drinks to their guests that prefer sitting on the beach. You are within 4 blocks of Joe's Stone Crabs, which is where I had supper on my first and last nights at South Beach. You are within one block of the southern end of Lummus Park and, of course, all the restaurants and shopping. I grade this place the highest quality experience I've ever had. Yes, I am looking forward to returning to The Savoy Hotel Miami Beach.

Gary D. Corley
[--]

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Our room was very spacious and makes me feel as if i were still at home. The staff members are all very personable and on task. If you ever are in Miami i definitely recommend that you stay here.

4  Thank Joyce D
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked the hotel over spring break and were pleasantly suprised when we got to South Beach. The hotel is in a perfect location South of 5, walking distance to everything. Loved the pool area, staff and beach access. Rooms are not fancy,however they are large and clean. Relaxed friendly service. We are planning another trip to The Savoy over the summer!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank North P
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is the first time tripadvisor has let me down. DON"T BOOK THIS HOTEL. To be kind I would call it very tired ( the words ""dump" come to mind). The carpets are stained and the halls are musty smelling. Our room ($450 a night) was supposed to be a oceanfront suite. The view was of the parking lot next door and a peekaboo view of the beach behind another building. Believe me you would not want to sit on that deck. When they made up the hide-a-bed they left one old, stained blanket. Housekeeping did promptly bring up another blanket and a sheet to cover them (GROSS). The rooms had been updated but it was done very cheeply. No water pressure in the shower. It's also was supposed to have a full kitchen but there were only 2 plates and 2 glasses-what I was really looking for was a wine opener, but no luck. When I called down to the front desk they told me to call the restaurant. Are you kidding me? Remember I paid $450 a night. You could also hear every word from the room next door. I would never stay here again at any price.

6  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Found a great deal for the Savoy on bookit.com. Stayed for 3 nights.

When we arrived in our room, there was still leftover pizza from the guests before us. The bathroom was not completely cleaned either.

Great location in South Beach. Easy to walk to restaurants, bars, shopping etc.

Pools are good and beach access is great. Included for $13 per night is 2 beach chairs and an umbrella on the beach. The service was very slow on the beach. Rocky had his hands full on a Saturday afternoon. Perhaps the hotel should get more help for the beach service... OR they should stop trying to sell chairs, umbrellas, food, and beverage to non-hotel guests unless they are going to staff it properly.

Ordered 2 sandwiches and 2 drinks on the beach. Sandwiches arrived after an hour without the drinks. After another 45 minutes, it was about to rain and we headed inside. Got the drinks then, when we were already done with lunch and wanted to go back to the room. $40 for 2 average sandwiches and a 1 hour 45 min wait for drinks. They simply need more help on busy beach days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelinKind
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Let me begin by apologizing for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. These are not the standards that we work hard to achieve at The Savoy and please know that we appreciate your feedback. I have sent you a message asking you to contact me directly so that we can get a little more information and that we can solve this to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Sandra Casareale

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This isn't a 5 star hotel, BUT you aren't paying 5 star prices. It is excellent value for the location, which is on the beach, on Ocean blvd. Walking distance to everything SoBe has to offer. I've stayed here at least 5 times, and is always my first choice when coming to town. Not much of a scene here, but again, I come back for the locaiton and value, then find trouble elsewhere :) I don't need to pay 3 times the price per night for the scene. And since it is on the south end of the strip, it's nice a quiet at night. Also a very short walk to Nikki Beach which just happens to be my favorite spot.

They also have a pool if you aren't feeling the beach. And they have bar/food service at the beach which is convenient.

Room Tip: They do offer 2 bedroom suites, but you have to call to ask, they aren't available online. Kitc...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank cutecdnchick

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best Regards,