“Great hotel, great staff”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #34 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights before we returned to the UK, and wish we were able to stay longer. We arrived early at 12.00 and were told that we could have the standard room that we'd booked straight away or if waited until 16.00 (check in time!) we would be upgraded to a balcony suite. We decided to explore Ocean Drive and wait until 16.00, on our return we were checked into a very large suite with a balcony. This hotel is not 5 star but is comfortable, clean and has very professional and friendly staff. The Savoy is ideally situated,just south of 5th on Ocean Drive, a short walk from lots of bars,restaurants and a well stocked Walgreens with a liquor store. We ate breakfast at the hotel both mornings that we were there, the food and service were excellent The pool area was had plenty of room and was as spotless as the rest of the hotel. We will be staying here when we return to Miami Beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JonsBB
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Hello!

The team here at The Savoy thanks you for the positive feedback! We love our "little gem" here in the heart of South Beach and we are glad to hear that you do too!

We look very forward to having you as our guest again.

Cheers,
Francine - Director of Sales

Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3- nights on arrival we had asked for ocean view room and got a large palm tree view !! Asked for a change and the staff kindly changed room the following day . The next room was nice and spacious had a problem with the bath . The water was Luke warm when asking staff they stated the water was the right temp for Florida .. Questioned this again the next day maintenance arrived and changed the fuse and suddenly the water temp was hot again ... Overall pleasant stay great location maybe just bad luck

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JandS2710
Reviewed 27 April 2012

my husband, son and i stayed here for a couple of nights in mid-april, and it was just wonderful. the room (suite) was huge, in great condition, and spotless. the pool area (2 pools) was lovely, as was the beach. we had lunch at the restaurant one day and at the pool the next, and the service on both days (different servers) was excellent. everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful. one suggestion - some dishes, wine glasses, silverware would be nice, given the large kitchen area. we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Gary Hyre

General Manager, The Savoy Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just returned from a 3 night visit at The Savoy Hotel in Miami, and I absolutely LOVED it. I am very picky about hotels, and so are my spoiled teenagers, so you can trust my opinion on this one. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I expected it to be old and just "ok". I've stayed at Lowes Miami, Royal Palm, Cardozo, LaFontaine Bleu and a few others in South Beach, so I have good comparisons. Now...is The Savoy Hotel 5 star like LaFontaine Bleu? No. But you also aren't paying a 5-star price either. But The Savoy Hotel has a great location...within walking distance to all of the hotness on South Beach. My teenagers felt safe enough to walk to Walgreens without me, and they walked "the strip" at night without me. The Savoy Hotel has nice rooms...not the best...but still very nice. When I first checked-in, I wasn't "wow'd" by the room because it was one of their smallest sized rooms. But when I talked to the front desk about it, they accommodated me by bringing an extra tv to my room so that my kids could enjoy being in the living room area with the sleepsofa. Then the next day, I was able to move to a different room. Again...the room was very nice. But if you try to compare it to a room at a 5-star hotel, then it's a slightly unfair comparison. In Miami, I would much rather stay at The Savoy Hotel than to pay triple the money to stay at one of the 5-star properties. The staff at The Savoy made my stay enjoyable. The Savoy has 2 VERY NICE pools - 1 heated and 1 regular. You have direct access to the beach within about 20 steps, and you never have to fight for a beach chair or umbrella. You can relax at the beach or at the pool and be serviced by one of the nice bar servers from The Savoy without ever having to leave your lounge chair. I loved it!!! I am planning to go back ASAP. If you get a chance to meet one of the front desk staff--Emmir--you will love him. I know that I did! If I had to complain about anything at all, it would be the daily valet parking fee. Geez! It killed me BUT I can't fault the hotel for that.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tnn1970
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I love this hotel!! I have stayed here 4 times over the last 6 or so years, whenever can get a few days to escape to South Beach--twice with my husband and twice met my college roommate for an all girls weekend. The best part about this latest visit was that the friendliness and service from the staff has much improved! The afternoon bartender on 4/24 couldn't have been nicer as we waited 30 minutes for our room to be ready. Got ice delivered to room in two minutes when I asked where the machine was. Nice bellhop, valet, housekeeping, Tony on the beach helped us move to a quieter beach spot when a rowdy crowd gathered behind us. Rocky kept bringing those mojitos!
There were a few tiny things in need of improvement--room carpeting needed a shampooing, and bed linens/mattress cover did not fit snugly over pillow top and kept coming loose. But the amazing setting and pool/beach location can't be beat! Yes, get a balcony room. Thank You Savoy!!! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are worth the extra price.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Savoy was one of the most beautiful hotels that I have had the pleasure of staying for the the weekend. It seemed to be the one of the best in South beach. It was spotless. Everything in the rooms and the rest of the hotel was wonderful. But the problems that I experienced was the management of this hotel. When we called to book a room, we got five different prices and when we finally booked they took more out of our credit cards than they originally quoted.Once we arrived, we were told that there was an additional $150.00 dollar fee for accidentals, which I always thought would be placed on the credit card if any did exist. We payed for three suites but was given three different types of rooms. It just seemed no one had a clue on what was going on and did not know their jobs, but overall after getting past all of that on the first day of arrival, we had a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Corner suites because I am sure no one comes to South Beach to sleep!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Pamela,

Let me begin by apologizing for the problems you encountered during your check-in process.. These are not the standards that we work hard to achieve at The Savoy and please know that we appreciate your feedback. I was glad to see you enjoyed the remainder of your weekend. I have sent you a message asking you to contact me directly so that we can better understand what took place in order to improve our process.

Gary Hyre, GM The Savoy Hotel

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel was at a great location away from all the noise of Ocean Drive, but close enough to walk to everything. The beach was beautiful, and we were provided with beach chairs and an umbrella. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We did not have a balcony on our room, but would request one the next time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will pass on your comments about the staff. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Gary Hyre