“Dissapointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

After reading on line for a week that we, three of us including a 92 year old fabulous grandmother, decided it would be nice go to the hotel for the day, and engage in an offer advertised on their website to spend the day by the pool for a 20 dollar charge. On arrival we were told by a rather blunt receptionist that the hotel did not offer this facility, so we engaged in polite conversation and explained we had the information from their website. After she made a phone call, her tuned changed to the beat of the "we used to do that but not any more drum, BUT, should we care to wait for 5 minutes she would call the sales office and just check". 20 minutes later, I then think to look up the website on my iphone with their wifi code, and watch, with absolute amazement at the site flash a now huge banner across the site page with "offer no longer available & a :-))) . Clearly whilst we had been left the sales team were busy changing and updating their very dated website. We had paid for the hotel parking by this point, something which was non returnable too. The whole hotel is dated, the staff are rude, and as we sat and watch other guests trying to check into a chaotic and unprofessional hotel, we understood it and the false advertising was to try and encourage much needed custom. Much better places up the street.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank homefromhomeLesArcs
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
My apologies that you were not able to enjoy our resort for the day. The day pass promotion was eliminated over a year ago, as many of our hotel guests did not approve of non-hotel patrons paying $20.00 and sharing the same amenities they paid $200-$400 daily. Our website has not had any reference to this promotion in some time, perhaps your Google search is pulling an old web page. Also, our website is managed by an outside vendor, it’s not possible for us to change a banner with less than 3 days notice. I have not had any experience with staff being described has rude here at The Savoy, we strive on providing a warm and friendly environment. In addition, I was on duty that day and did not have any comments about chaotic and unprofessional activity at the front desk. I have sent you a separate message and would be happy to speak to you further regarding your experience. I would like to know which website may be showing the incorrect information and I would be happy to reimbursurce your for the $10.00 parking fee.

Regards,

Gary Hyre, General Manager The Savoy Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at the Savoy for 3 days before we went on a cruise out of Miami in January 2012.

The suite was huge with a spacious living room, kitchenette complete with dishwasher, cupboards, coffee maker, and microwave - my only complaint with the room is that there were no dishes or cutlery. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was beautiful and clean and sparkling.

The restaurant service was superb. Andres treated us like we were his family. His friendliness was contagious and his service was excellent. I am a water drinker and my glass was never empty – Andres was there as soon as the ice cubes clinked. The attendant out by the pool, Rocky, was also a super help to us. He wrote down directions for us to go site seeing and always had a smile and a hello. Andres and Rocky made our stay quite pleasant. The front desk staff were excellent too!!!

The two pools were beautiful and the pool area was spotless with lots of chairs! We live on the east coast of Canada and our summers leave a lot to be desired. We were on a beautiful beach, in a beautiful hotel and the hot Florida sun was warming our bones in January - what's not to love!!!

I would definitely recommend the Savoy Hotel!!

Room Tip: we were only in our rooms to sleep so any room was a good one!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Frances456
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Greetings from Sunny South Beach!

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your experience. Here at The Savoy, we pride ourselves on our excellent guest service, and we are so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it!

We certainly hope to see you again very soon.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francine - Director of Sales
Beccles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights before we returned to the UK, and wish we were able to stay longer. We arrived early at 12.00 and were told that we could have the standard room that we'd booked straight away or if waited until 16.00 (check in time!) we would be upgraded to a balcony suite. We decided to explore Ocean Drive and wait until 16.00, on our return we were checked into a very large suite with a balcony. This hotel is not 5 star but is comfortable, clean and has very professional and friendly staff. The Savoy is ideally situated,just south of 5th on Ocean Drive, a short walk from lots of bars,restaurants and a well stocked Walgreens with a liquor store. We ate breakfast at the hotel both mornings that we were there, the food and service were excellent The pool area was had plenty of room and was as spotless as the rest of the hotel. We will be staying here when we return to Miami Beach.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JonsBB
Hello!

The team here at The Savoy thanks you for the positive feedback! We love our "little gem" here in the heart of South Beach and we are glad to hear that you do too!

We look very forward to having you as our guest again.

Cheers,
Francine - Director of Sales
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3- nights on arrival we had asked for ocean view room and got a large palm tree view !! Asked for a change and the staff kindly changed room the following day . The next room was nice and spacious had a problem with the bath . The water was Luke warm when asking staff they stated the water was the right temp for Florida .. Questioned this again the next day maintenance arrived and changed the fuse and suddenly the water temp was hot again ... Overall pleasant stay great location maybe just bad luck

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JandS2710
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

my husband, son and i stayed here for a couple of nights in mid-april, and it was just wonderful. the room (suite) was huge, in great condition, and spotless. the pool area (2 pools) was lovely, as was the beach. we had lunch at the restaurant one day and at the pool the next, and the service on both days (different servers) was excellent. everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful. one suggestion - some dishes, wine glasses, silverware would be nice, given the large kitchen area. we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best Regards,

Gary Hyre

General Manager, The Savoy Hotel
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just returned from a 3 night visit at The Savoy Hotel in Miami, and I absolutely LOVED it. I am very picky about hotels, and so are my spoiled teenagers, so you can trust my opinion on this one. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I expected it to be old and just "ok". I've stayed at Lowes Miami, Royal Palm, Cardozo, LaFontaine Bleu and a few others in South Beach, so I have good comparisons. Now...is The Savoy Hotel 5 star like LaFontaine Bleu? No. But you also aren't paying a 5-star price either. But The Savoy Hotel has a great location...within walking distance to all of the hotness on South Beach. My teenagers felt safe enough to walk to Walgreens without me, and they walked "the strip" at night without me. The Savoy Hotel has nice rooms...not the best...but still very nice. When I first checked-in, I wasn't "wow'd" by the room because it was one of their smallest sized rooms. But when I talked to the front desk about it, they accommodated me by bringing an extra tv to my room so that my kids could enjoy being in the living room area with the sleepsofa. Then the next day, I was able to move to a different room. Again...the room was very nice. But if you try to compare it to a room at a 5-star hotel, then it's a slightly unfair comparison. In Miami, I would much rather stay at The Savoy Hotel than to pay triple the money to stay at one of the 5-star properties. The staff at The Savoy made my stay enjoyable. The Savoy has 2 VERY NICE pools - 1 heated and 1 regular. You have direct access to the beach within about 20 steps, and you never have to fight for a beach chair or umbrella. You can relax at the beach or at the pool and be serviced by one of the nice bar servers from The Savoy without ever having to leave your lounge chair. I loved it!!! I am planning to go back ASAP. If you get a chance to meet one of the front desk staff--Emmir--you will love him. I know that I did! If I had to complain about anything at all, it would be the daily valet parking fee. Geez! It killed me BUT I can't fault the hotel for that.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tnn1970
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I love this hotel!! I have stayed here 4 times over the last 6 or so years, whenever can get a few days to escape to South Beach--twice with my husband and twice met my college roommate for an all girls weekend. The best part about this latest visit was that the friendliness and service from the staff has much improved! The afternoon bartender on 4/24 couldn't have been nicer as we waited 30 minutes for our room to be ready. Got ice delivered to room in two minutes when I asked where the machine was. Nice bellhop, valet, housekeeping, Tony on the beach helped us move to a quieter beach spot when a rowdy crowd gathered behind us. Rocky kept bringing those mojitos!
There were a few tiny things in need of improvement--room carpeting needed a shampooing, and bed linens/mattress cover did not fit snugly over pillow top and kept coming loose. But the amazing setting and pool/beach location can't be beat! Yes, get a balcony room. Thank You Savoy!!! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are worth the extra price.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple