Stayed here last week on a business trip. Check in quite quick. Stayed in one of the renovated rooms on the 6th floor (Ocean front, cornerroom). New colors, look fresh. Only thing they forgot to replace was the bathtub. Looks like it dates from the 50's.
Staff great as always. Lot of them have been working there for the past 8 years at least. which I think is a good sign. Breakfast buffet is one of the best you will find. Live cooking, great variety of breads, fresh fruit, cheese, meats, etc. When having breakfast; find yourself a table on the terrace. Quick service. Bar at the pool is nice. Had dinner in the restaurant once - lot of choices.
Is about a 20 minute walk to Lincoln Road. Taxi is about US$ 8. Gym has basic machines (with water and clean towels). Only comment would be that rooms can be quite noisy - but neighbor was one of the business colleagues - not a family with young children.
All together; this is one of the best value for money hotels in SoBe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Riu Plaza Miami Beach reopens after a refurbishment that has converted the facilities of the former Hotel Riu Florida Beach, renovating them completely in order to offer the best services for those travelling for business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Plaza Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Florida Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Riu Florida Beach Miami
- Riu Miami
- Hotel Riu Plaza Miami Beach Florida