3,344 results
All reviews aveda products south beach pool area ocean view chairs and umbrellas beautiful hotel oceanfront room cab ride hotel restaurant private beach direct access to the beach beach service valet parking lincoln road beach towels wedding armand
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The hotel is located on north of South Beach in a very run down area with many hotels either closed or being newly build. There are no restaurants or bars anywhere in reasonable walking distance but there are cabs waiting right beside the hotel (trip to Ocean Drive is about $15). Ther staff here is really great, friendly and trying to help whereever they can, however the hotel rips off its guests with parking (valet only art $29 per day), a resort fee which givesyou an umbrella and chairs at the beach and terribly slow, but free internet. The restaurant is rated middle class but pricing (between $30 and $40) for main course is way off. Talking about restaurant prices - breakfast is $24.
I am not complaining because I could not afforsd it, but simply like to get a reasonable service for my money - $24 for a breakfast is ridiculous.
The rooms are in good shape and nicely decorated and the beach is small with some big rocks but clean. The pool is rather small and not impressive.
Botton line, I would not stay here again because of the location. We like to walk to some bars and restaurants and that is not possible here.

6  Thank Thomas_Ohio
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us and I regret to hear that you would choose not to return to us because of our location. We find that being located on 30th street and Collins is a perfect locale for our guests, as this allows for enjoying the peaceful tranquility of our secluded & pristine beach while still having the option to head down to Ocean drive by walking a mere 1.6 miles down our beach boardwalk to the heart of South Beach. I regret that you missed out on our Essensia restaurant and Lounge as well due to price, as I am certain you would have found great value in our extensive breakfast buffet, complete with omelet and waffle station, or ordering smaller menu items a la carte, or rather saving the cab fare and staying in to enjoy our Sip & Spa Happy hour in the Lounge for 50% off appetizers and cocktails. It was our pleasure to have had you as our guest and I do hope to welcome you back again in the future. Sincerely, Elena Barkey

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Palms hotel May 19- 26 2011, here is the good and the bad..
GOOD

1- Hotel is spotless
2- Staff is friendly and attentive
3- Beach beautiful
4- Food delicious
5- Food and beverage service at both beach and poolside

BAD

1-Drinks by the pool and beach are $15.00 each they do have special's 2 for $25..
2- there is zero night life in the hotel you must take a cab in town every night
3- the food is good but very expensive with a tax on everything and a 18% tip already
included but it doesnt stop the staff from asking '' do you want change'?'
4- there is a 23.10 tax per day charge i was told this is for lounge chairs, umbrella's,
wifi, paper delivery outside your room monday-thursday
5- pool is small with limited umbrella's, since we are beach people this wasnt a problem for us.

Keep in mind there is a liquor store and supermarket outside the hotel to the left and you can get a setup in your room, and the hotel doesnt care if you bring to your room .

Room Tip: Do not take the room opposite the elevator's
6  Thank froggie_8
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husdand and I stayed at The Palms Hotel and Spa, Miami Beach in April 2011. I t was at the end of our holiday as we had been on a Panam Canal cruise and would like to saythat it excelled all our expectations. The staff were first class, the reception staff extremely helpful and the accommodation was superb. The colour scheme in the bedroom was restful and it had plenty of storage spaceand an excellent bathroom with every toiletry you could wish for. and as for the gardens there were a delight to sit in. It was a perfect finish to an excellent holiday. We enjoy coming to the USA from the UK because we always get such a warm welcome. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yorkshirerose78
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2011

Dear UK Guest,
Thank you so very much for sharing your lovely feedback with us from your recent stay at the Palms Hotel & Spa. Our staff is dedicated to providing excellent customer service by exceeding our guests every expectation and I am thrilled to know that we were able to deliver a perfect finish to your memorable holiday vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Regards, Elena Barkey

Reviewed May 24, 2011

We couldn't ask for a better place for this long weekend getaway. The resort is just the good size, the food and service were excellent, the location is ideal. This a really a 5 stars hotel.

2  Thank karol_michel
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We visited The Palms for 1 week in May 2011. I feel like I need to let people know about some of the "issues" I felt with the hotel. My first big issue was the no balcony. This made it very difficult for my husband who is a smoker since he needed to go down to the front of the hotel to smoke.. Also not having a balcony made it hard for our swimsuits to dry after being in the pool. We had to use the line provided in the shower to dry our bathing suits but they would never really dry because there was no fresh air. I did not like the fact that the toilet and shower were in completely separate parts of the room. It was alittle weird for me. One of the pluses in my opinion was the Aveda toiletries they provided. They also provided fresh towels when requested in a timely manner. One of my other big issues was with the towels by the pool/beach. They give you a card when you check in which entitles you to one towel per card ($39 charge if u lose a card). We had 3 cards total (one for me, my husband and our baby). They are very strict with the policy of the one towel per card and we found it difficult having limited towels. I personally like to place one towel on my beach chair and have another towel to dry myself when exiting the water. We were frustrated with this whole process. I suggest also getting to the beach early if you need an umbrella. They ran out of umbrellas by noon so we couldn't hang out by the beach with the baby because it was too hot. When we did go by the beach, the beach boy gave us a flag which we used to indicate we needed service. This system worked really well and we got drinks whenever we needed without much wait time. The food at at the hotel was good. The breakfast buffet had a large selection and omelet/waffle station plus fresh squeezed oj. Room service and pool food was very good. Also if you rent a car, you will need to pay $29 pr day to keep it at the hotel.. I suggest trying to find spots nearby on the street like we did. just READ the signs before leaving the car. Overall our stay here was good but I feel like I needed to let others know what to expect. I would definitely stay here again and am hoping that the hotels improves on its "issues".

Room Tip: best rate by booking through the hotels website
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LeeMarieNyc
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for your week stay with us at the Palms Hotel & Spa. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and providing us with your personal guest perspective of your stay, as we are always looking for ways to improve upon our guest service and guest’s experiences. In regards to your “issues” I do understand the desire for a balcony, as you come to South Miami not only for our hotel but for the stunning views of our tropical oasis and aquamarine waters, and we do offer balcony rooms and suites on our penthouse floor. When booking you will want to look for these categories and room types, or if a smoking room is the preference we do also offer this on our Mezzanine floor. I regret that you found our pool & beach process frustrating, as we are always eager to accommodate our guests anyway that we can, with additional towel cards and more towels, or locating additional umbrellas, whatever the request may be our team would have been able to respond to your family’s needs. I was extremely pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our food and beverage offerings and Essensia restaurant and do look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please contact me directly for any future reservations or assistance you may need.
Sincerely Elena Barkey