3,174 results
All reviewsaveda productssouth beachpool areaocean viewchairs and umbrellasbeautiful hotelcab rideoceanfront roomhotel restaurantprivate beachdirect access to the beachbeach servicevalet parkinglincoln roadbeach towelsweddingarmand
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Pretty hotel in a nice location, but continually poor service in every area. I don't know how they maintain their standing as a "Leading Hotel". Don't waste your money. Restaurant front desk was especially rude and inattentive, and our breakfast took over 40 minutes to be served then arrived cold. During a storm our room flooded, and we couldn't get a manager or anyone to speak to us. I travel a lot and am used to hotel staff being polite and helpful. This staff could take some lessons from almost anywhere else and improve.

Additionally walls are paper thin - you can hear the showers running, toilets flushing and full conversations of all neighbors.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Leesa E
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a beautiful historic hotel, but service was not up to par for a Preferred Hotel four star rating. My husband and I were with a group of adults for an employee rewards trip. The entire group said the service of the staff was horrible. When staying at a four star hotel guests requests should be responded within a timely manner and guests should only have to ask once. From the start at check in to check out this trip was a disaster. I am still waiting for the Hotel General Manager to call me. Our trip was March 6-12, 2012. Called Preferred Hotels and informed them this Hotel is not worthy of the brand, and this tarnishes the brand.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room facing the ocean. Avoid the rooms facing the construction of the hotel next door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank thebabies
PalmsHotelandSpa, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us about your stay in March, and I regret to hear that your experience was not as you anticipated. It was much to my surprise to read your comments in regards to the service you received, and that our Management Team has not reached out to you. Our team strives to provide consistent customer service, and to ensure that we are not only meeting, but exceeding our guests expectations. I would love the opportunity to address your concerns with you personally if you would like to contact me directly at (Lbutler@thepalmshotel.com).

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had a small family wedding here and everyone involved from the events coordinator to the food and beverage staff were great. This is a lovely small resort one block square in Miami Beach with all the requisite facilities - nice pool, bar and restaurant, full service spa, spacious grounds and lounge areas. Our top floor room with ocean view is modern and spacious, comfy king size bed. Given the comings and goings at the front desk each morning, there are a lot of guests who must feel the same way. Only 7 blocks north of South Beach, it's away from the noise and crowds, but close enough to easily access all the restaurants and clubs of that famed locale.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the premium.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dr_odd
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I were there recently on an adults-only trip. We were pleased with the service and the cleanliness/overall feel of the hotel. However, the construction next door was very loud during the day, and one day they closed the pool at 4:00 for a wedding. They had not announced this in advance, which was annoying. We didn't let it ruin our trip, though - after travelling enough, you have to realize that there are always going to be things that are not perfect on a trip - so overall I would recommend this hotel once the construction is done.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcjcStLous_Mo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place is a bit away from the excitement of the main South Beach area- about a 20 minute walk. It was clean and the grounds are very pretty and relaxing. The food was delicious. I loved the access to the boardwalk, although most of the hotels along Collins have the same access. I would have preferred to have a balcony, but I dont think many of the hotels in this area have them. Very disappointing since you have a beautiful view from an ocean front room, but you cant enjoy the smells and sounds of it from your room. The only major complaint is the constant construction noise from the hotel next door. We were not told about this upon check-in. Eventhough the property itself was relaxing, the noise made it VERY difficult to relax and it was impossible to take a nap poolside, or beachside. It was very loud. The spa was nice, but not overwhelmingly luxurious, it was quite simple. The bathroom in our King oceanfront room was small. It is eco-friendly, but could have had a little more space to put my things.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple