“Overall.... A very unique hotel”
Review of Sagamore

Sagamore
Ranked #83 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overall.... A very unique hotel”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I traveled to Miami on March 8th for my 30th bday/3rd wedding anniversary. I contacted the hotel prior to my visit. Check in was smooth. The king suite was spacious and felt like our very own apt. Don't get this room if a view is important to u. It was not a l
Deal Breaker for me as I planned to spend my time on South Beach and not a hotel room. I will say it made for a very peaceful sleep at night. The hotel porch right on Collins is one of my favorite features. I sat on the porch and relaxed well into the whee hours of the morning.... After returning from the clubs. Very nice indeed. Bar was great. Service was great. No complaints. Although next time I'm going to book directly with the hotel and get the bungalows. They were beautiful as well. I can't wait to visit the Sagamore again.

Room Tip: Get the bungalow... I know I will.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Shymayle R,

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your recent experience at Sagamore. We are happy that we provided a great setting for your birthday/anniversary celebration.

The front porch certainly does provide a great place to people watch and also kick back with a cocktail as it is right in the heart of South Beach. We do have several room types available which provide either an ocean or a garden view, and I definitely recommend asking our reservation agents about these rooms before your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon at Sagamore and please make sure to contact us here at the hotel directly when you are ready to return.

James D'Agostino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at the Sag in May of 2010 for Aquagirl. I had the Sagamore Suite for 5 days. It was amazing. The rooms are spacious and clean. The King mattress was plush & you sunk right into a luxurious cloud to dreamland. The bathroom offers separate toilet & bath so your guests don't have to see your personals & you can get ready without hassle. The jetted tub wasn't working when we 1st arrived but they sent someone immediately to fix it. The kitchen was a huge plus with savings being able to cook our meals instead of eating out every day & night. There is a breakfast cafe on the corner right next to Walgreens. Lincoln is literally a block away. The beach is at your back door. LaCretia was most helpful. I had a quick check-in and a quick check-out. I tried to get it for May of 2011 but it was booked. I made sure to book early this year & will be staying in a Bungalow this trip. Will review that stay in a couple of months. It almost makes you want to give a bad review just to keep it to yourself. :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Prettygirldarockstar,

Thank you for your terrific review of Sagamore. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay here with us. Having the kitchenette is a great added convenience, especially when staying on property for a longer period of time.

Our central location also seemed as it played a great part in your terrific experience here enjoying the best of what South Beach has to offer.

We are thrilled to hear that you will be returning this May and we look forward to you next review.

Miami
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at the Sagamore in South Beach and we loved it. The hotel is cozy, clean and luxurious. The staff provided us with excellent service and our stay overall was amazing. The beach service was great, and all the amenities were wonderful. We definitely will stay there again in the future and recommend it to our friends. Aviva

1 Thank Aviva L
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Aviva L,

Thanks for taking the time to post a 5 star review on Sagamore. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to hear such wonderful feedback about our staff.

We are happy to hear that you will be returning to Sagamore and look forward to your next stay with us.

Thanks again for the review and we will make sure to share your great praise with all of our team here.

New York, NY
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Very large and pleasant suites for the money (except for a little wear and tear), great for families. The pool area was small but very nice and great for children- zero entry pool, not overly crowded but plenty of other kids, and no bar scene going on there. Also, no extra charge for cabanas and special lounges as at other places. Staff was excellent. Great location right near Lincoln Road. The fitness center was pretty bare bones but overall was a great experience for the family and worth the money.

1 Thank JakeandThelma
JakeandThelma,

We appreciate your recent 5 star review of our wonderful property. We definitely like to think of Sagamore as a very “kid-friendly” place.

The zero entry pool is perfect for children however our pool area itself also appeals to people of all age. Our proximity to Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive is another great feature for all of our guests, especially ones traveling with children, as there are both these locations have numerous restaurants which are also very kid friendly.

We thank you again for your review and hope you will continue to choose Sagamore when traveling to Miami.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I decided to take four days and nights to unwind in South Beach. The Sagamore treated us very well. The art deco room was clean, upscale and comfortable.

While this hotel is a smaller then most of the other Collins Avenue hotels and quite a boutique style, the staff was upbeat and attentive 24/7. The General Manager Brian V. was kind enough to call me back within the hour prior to our stay after a parcel or two was going to be delivered during our stay. Nice pool but even better access to the beach...make sure to check out their easy access website for the type of room you want. A great stay and location!

Room Tip: We had a ocean view suite on the 4th floor saw more trees then beach...go for the highest floor for...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc W
Marc W,

We thank you for your review after your recent trip to Sagamore with your wife. We are delighted that you took notice of our terrific staff members as they are the backbone of our property and help make the Sagamore such a special place.

Our oceanfront location is one of our best features especially for those travelers who do not like to venture far off the property. Between our restaurant, pool bar and grill, or beachfront food service, our guests can truly feel pampered and never even need to leave the property.

We hope to see you again soon here at Sagamore and thanks again for the terrific feedback!

New York
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I sitting here in my room at the Sagamore with my sliding door open because it is the only way to pick up the wifi signal. And that's how it goes at the Sagamore. This is not a top tier hotel. It is an older historic hotel that even in it's best categories is average. The fitness center has two treadmills and an eliptical machine. Only one treadmill works and the eliptical is broken.The hotel is completely deserted at night, and it's Presidents week. Strange. Valet parking is $37 bucks a day.Need a business center? Not one here. They do have a laptop you can borrow.The staff is nice enough
There are lots of choices in SB and I don't think I'll make this one again.

4 Thank tmhigg
Tmhigg,

Thank you for your feedback after your stay here with us during Presidents Day weekend. Let me apologize as it seems as your stay certainly did not meet your expectations and it is obvious you did not leave with the great impression that Sagamore is normally known for.

I apologize about the condition of the exercise machine as I can assure you that our engineering department has been notified and will be making sure all of our machines are running properly.

Unfortunately as most properties in our area, we do not have an in house garage and therefore we do need to work with an outside valet company to provide the valet service to all of our guests. Parking is certainly at a premium here on south beach, however $37.00 is the average for overnight parking at many local hotels.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly in regards to your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I have included my contact information below. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

James D'agostino

Best,
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sagamore for four nights in February '12. We had the oceanview king. Upon check-in we were provided with a suite on the lower floors, which was barely ocean view. Upon asking the reception were moved to an upper floor without hesitation, a big plus in my experience. I would recommend upper level floors for those who prefer a quiet atmosphere on top of a better view. As everywhere there were some faults surely already noted in prior reviews: At times poor internet connection, the Sagamore plan not proposed upon check-in, certain areas of the suite up for a re-paint/ makeover, housekeeping choosing erratic times for their duties... Yes, someone picky could go on for a while. In the end one has to see that accomodations on South Beach will have a price attached and these are steep, but fair. The location is superb and one can walk up and down Lincoln road and literally a few minutes later be back in the comfort of the suite (or on the beach). The art is modern and not particularly my personal taste, but I nevertheless found it amusing. In any case, the decoration/photography should not factor into someone's stay. The hotel is catered towards a younger clientele and being in our forties we were at the upper end of the spectrum, but it had the advantage of making us feel young again! The staff was superb and extremely helpful, but never insistent. If we do manage to make our way over the pond again we would have no problem staying at the Sagamore and would also recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: Request upper floors
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
MSM1966,

We appreciate your feedback from your stay here with us. We are happy that we were able to correct any issues with your room type and get you into the oceanfront room that you had reserved.

Our staff here is certainly one of our greatest assets and it is nice to hear your high praise of them. We do have a wide variety of clientele and that is another aspect of Sagamore which is unique. Whatever the age of our client one thing for sure is that our staff is prepared to meet their needs and provide all with a great overall stay.

Thanks again for choosing Sagamore and we are pleased to hear you will be returning as well as reccomending our property to others.

Best,