“I like their services” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #128 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
NY
“I like their services”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I spent 3 days in this hotel with a friend. The location has convenient access to the beach. The room price is very reasonable. The front staff left us an excellent impression. His name is Muhammad, I hope my spelling is correct. He gave us a very nice room when we checked in and told us a lot about how to enjoy our days there, which was quite helpful. It's on our "must come" list in Miami and we will stay here again when we come to Miami again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I go to south beach like 5x a year and have stayed in 30+ places. This is a great option for those on a budget. I booked on Priceline and got a great rate. The front desk staff was really above average. Sylvania (I totally spelled her name wrong lol) was amazing. Got me into my room early and upgraded me too. Location in my opinion is great too. I normally stay around 14th and collins and what a difference the few blocks makes. Just a better caliber of people. The room was clean, beds were new pillow top and comfortable. Suite had laminate hardwood looking floor except in the bedroom which had an older looking carpet (but seemed clean). Now for the bad. Not much here only the pool gets like zero sun (but they let you use the beach and pool at the sister property marsilles across the street). Also the hotel next door is under hardcore construction that begins at 7am. Can't really blame the property but had to go to walgreens and buy earplugs. Breaking windows, knocking down walls, I think there is an earthquake outside my room that kind of construction. I would def stay again but probably not for a year when I am sure it is done with the renovation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BostonTravel923
san diego, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

decor was cute. place was clean. location was great. i liked their little soaps. service was ok. they let us check in early and when we checked out, we left our bags at the hotel with the 1 dollar charge (which seemed reasonable since i usually tip 1 dollar per bag anyways). it's not super luxurious by any means, but the price was very reasonable compared to other nearby locations/reviews. there was only one computer in the lobby for guests to use.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loverlee105
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Only downside to this place was the restaurant and bar. The bar was small offering free drinks between 7 and 8. The free drink is rum but you pay for the cola. All other drinks were very expensive and the bar is very small with one waiter so most people quickly moved on which meant there was no atmosphere and no seating. The hotel relies on the courtyard at front for the bar, breakfast room and new arrivals, smokers and those waiting to leave with luggage so it is a bit of a mish mash. Breakfast was awful. Dried up buffet service with one waitress who didn't really want to be there. Despite the 'All American breakfast' eggs any style ... They only had scrambled and everything else was extra. Coffee was 5 dollars to guests but the cleaner ladies were allowed to come and top up their coffee cups frequently, which was quite amusing. So althgh they are trying to go up market, it was a little like a nicer motel. That said the area was decent, the receptionists were lovely, facilities were nice and the porter staff were friendly. Good value for the room size.

Room Tip: 2nd floor as although you have steps - it is quieter and more secure.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 39lovetravel
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Dorchester Hotel this month. After checking out, we left our bags with the Hotel so that we could enjoy our last few hours in Miami before traveling to the airport. The hotel charged us $1 per bag, which I thought was strange since most hotels hold your bags free-of-charge. They assured us that it was secure, and we believed them. When we got to the airport, we realized that all of our items had been shifted around. Pockets that had been zipped closed were opened. My husband was missing a watch and I was missing several pieces of jewelry. When we called to lodge a complaint, we were given the run around for several days. 8 messages later, we spoke to Juan Valera, the GM of the Dorchester. I informed him about our problem and was so shocked with the response we got. He accused me of lying and that "I must be joking if I think that they have the time to go through your bags." UM YES - you had several hours! I have never dealt with a less compassionate person, let alone a manager in the hospitality business. We filed a police report as well as a complaint with the BBB. They have not responded to the attempts at contact from the BBB.

Be warned.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Kesser421

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Good hotel at extremely convenient location-heart of south beach, walking distance to beach and linchon street. Considerate service, very clean. Of course, parking and resort fee is high.

• Stayed December 2011
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

We stayed 1 night before our cruise and 2 nights after our cruise. Although this hotel is within walking distance to Ocean Drive, Washington & Lincoln I wouldn't return. It is very old and is now in the process of being renovated. We stayed in a suite on the ground floor which was like having a 1 bedroom apartment. It was clean but lacking charm. It had art deco furniture which I don't care for. Flat screen TV living room and bedroom and the reception was fine. Shower curtain was missing and one call to the front desk and it was replaced right away. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The courtyard is lovely but the bar is a rip off. $11.00 for a drink! Happy Hour means a drink they pick for you and you have to pay a $1.00 for serving you? They only serve breakfast which was okay but a little bit expensive. It's okay when you get a free voucher. The pool didn't seem like it had any chlorine in it so I didn't go in. Other people were in so it probably was okay. You have no views from this hotel as it is in from the street. The sister hotel is old as well. It could do with upgrading. The beach access for the hotel is good. You are given tickets for a chaise lounge at the beach. Use it. Good restaurants in the area and shopping. If you don't have a car you can take the bus across the road from the hotel to the Aventura Mall which is a 45 minute bus ride. It is not an outlet mall but has Macy's, J.C.Penny's, Coach, Bloomingdales.... Enjoyed my stay in Miami.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends