“Good food with a hefty price tag”

Villa Azur Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Azur Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 1,219 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Villa Azur has been described as the premier gastronomic experience of South Beach, inviting diners to succumb to elegance and gourmet cuisine at its finest. It features a 7,200 square foot dining room, adorned with the glamour and spark of the Riviera. Its white French doors and chandeliers welcome guests to the lounge and main dining area, which is crowned by a whimsical, open-aired courtyard, marked by plush tufted white leather couches and lush natural foliage. This exquisite backdrop sets the tone for a charming dining experience. Executive Chef Erwin Mallet’s inspired South of France menu complimented with Italian accents stems from the freshest ingredients and flavors combined with an international and contemporary twist from South Beach. Along with a resident in-house sommelier, Villa Azur’s menu creates the perfect blend of flavors bound to please every gourmand’s palate. Villa Azur strives to sculpt the perfect meal from start to finish. FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE ROMANTIC MIAMI RESTAURANT WE LOVE - 2015 ZAGAT BEST DECOR IN MIAMI - 2015 MIAMI CULINARY TOURS VILLA AZUR IN ELLEGANCE - 2015 ZAGAT BEST OUTDOOR IN MIAMI - 2015 ZAGAT MIAMI'S HOTTEST MEDITERRANEAN RESTAURANT TO TRY NOW - 2014 THRILLIST BEST NEW SEAFOOD IN SOUTH FLORIDA - 2014 THE NEW YORK TIMES SOUTH BEACH, NOW AND FOREVER. VILLA AZUR, A CHIC DINING SPOT - 2014 MIAMI NEW TIMES BEST OF AWARD - VILLA AZUR BEST SERVICE2014 THE MIAMI HERALD ***3 STARS FOR EXQUISITE FRENCH FOOD AT VILLA AZUR ON SOUTH BEACH - 2013
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We went here on a Friday night. It was surprisingly empty at 7:00 pm but we didn’t mind since the atmosphere was beautiful. We had a wonderful waitress who guided us with her recommendations. The burrata appetizer was outstanding. My husband had the incredibly good lobster risotto. I had the sea bass which was good but I wouldn’t order it again. For dessert we had the chocolate pepper mousse with a side of raspberry sorbet. Delicious! Unfortunately, when we got our bill we noticed that the still water was $10 (expect this in Europe but was surprised here) and a 20% gratuity was already added. We would have tipped that anyway but thought it was a bit unusual for a party of two. Overall, a nice experience but pricey.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

i loved their atmosphere, their decor, their food and service. they have outdoor terrace also and lounge area. at the time we were there they had a party, and DJ were mixing, so we had very fun time with dinning and dancing.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Booked a table on the terrace for my birthday which this year coincided with Thursday Night Dinner party at Villa Azur. I was told it would be a $250.00 minimum per person for table outside on patio. Super expensive- bordering on ridiculous. However, I booked it with an expectation of having a wonderful time with fab food and great atmosphere. The service for the evening was adequate and friendly. The party and music was good but nothing extraordinary that evening. What I didn't get was the horrible quality of the food. We started with the seafood tower. Everything about it was bad. The oysters seemed barely fresh, the large shrimp mushy and tasteless. The Maine lobster on the platter I am convinced was already dead when it was cooked. It was completely slimy and spongy and the worst lobster I have ever tasted.The tuna tartare looked and tasted like cat food. I was amazed they would serve such poor quality at these upscale prices. I regretted my choice for my birthday after that first course. I drank my champagne and hoped for better. The chauteaubriand that was ordered medium rare was served medium well. The potato gratin was decent. The evening left me with that dreaded feeling of I should have known better. $1500.00 for four. What a disappointment. It made me run the next afternoon to the oyster bar at Michaels Genuine to remind myself what great oysters, seafood and fish tasted like.

1  Thank Holly S
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This is becoming one of our mainstays on our annual Miami Beach vacation. It's a beautiful spot with really excellent food - the lobster salad was to die for!

Reviewed February 3, 2018

If you can imagine a venue with an interior that is at once romantic, magical and ethereal...Where service is attentive whilst obsequious, where the menu tantalizes and excites...That would be enough of a draw.
But Villa Azur goes beyond that, DJ Stephan’s music sets the mood. He reads his audience expertly...and he spins a melange from sexy to rockin’.
This place is perfect for special occasions, celebrations and those who align themselves with the “Who’s Who”...
Hey, it’s 3000mi away from our home...but well worth the trip, in our view.

1  Thank Julia P